This is me...my incredible journey

:whistle: Go naked...now THERE is an idea! And is so me!!!! LOL

Week 8
Day 5

Breakfast - cranberry/raspberry bar
Lunch - choco shake
Dinner - chili/sloppy joe

Water is poor today but coffee intake good! Why? Started off in complete stress and tears :cry:
Woke up, flung open the drapes in the lounge and saw a new cat/kitten in the backyard roaming around (so cute). Went and made myself a cuppa and when returned I saw 'something' ontop of the hydro/telephone pole. Looked like a black bag at first then I thought..Hmmmm..could it be the cat I saw earlier?? The crows were now surrunding this object and seagulls were dive bombing it. So I quickly grabbed the rubbish to take out to the bin and then went over to the pole. Yup...it was the cat and he appeared to be...STUCK!
He wasn't moving his body at all..but was blinking his eyelids and was moving his tail. I chased the birds away as best I could, ran and got a broom handle in hopes it could reach - but that failed. :(
Called the SPCA and they don't answer phones until 830am. Called the police (non emergency line) and they thought perhaps the fire brigade would be best - again...use non emergency number.
So I called them and they don't answer until 830am. Called back the SPCA and left my name and work number then debated on going into work at all!
Now it was close to 7am and I still wasn't dressed or washed and my bus would be at the stop in 10 min. I FLEW around the house getting dressed, ran to the neighbours and banged on their door, explained about the cat on the pole and asked them to keep the birds away and keep on trying the SPCA.
I was in BUCKETS all the way to the bus stop. Crying constantly, even at work.
SPCA called me at 815 and were sending a van around to get the cat.
O/H had spent the night up at his sisters (cause she is ill)...so had no clue as to what was going on.
He finally got home around 845, and in the meantime I had been calling the house every 5 minutes. When he answered I explained everything and he said there is no cat there now on the pole. PHEW...so I made him go outside and check the bushes to see if there was any body laying about OR blood around.
Got the all clear, so it seems the SPCA did their job. Just wished they had called me to let me know.

All is well now...but this took me until noon to finally calm down.

Gonna go soak in the tub...put on some relaxing tunes and chillax.

I am such a MUSH when it comes to animals

PS,
Any weigh in's tonight? Good luck all.
If I missed congrats to anyone on their loss from last night or before...very sorry :( But a happy belated congrats!! I really do read diaries, honest. I am just a ditz at replying somedays (make that EVERYday)

xx

Aw poor you and worse still poor little cat! So pleased it got rescued.

Enjoy your bath my lovely xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nowt wrong with being a mush for animals, more mush is needed in the world for animals and humans.Thanks for your input on my diary, always good to know your not a voice in the wilderness.

How about weighing in just a sarong, nowt else at least you'd cover your modestly lol Mind you who worries about modesty!

Onwards and downwards xx

Modest? Moi?!? I am an x-nurse for too many years I care to remember and I know no modesty...trust me.
Ty...I am a mush for any kind of animal. i have so much patience for them it is unreal - but humans?! Ummm...okay, babies and toddlers I adore, then after that? I am a miserable person :( Just ask my son..LOL

Week 8
Day 6

Breakfast - cranberry/raspberry bar with a cuppa
Lunch - banana shake
Dinner - (you guessed it) Chili-joe (sloppyjoe made of chili)

Water is slowly improving. Walked home tonight and took the LONG way :) Wore my leggings and a sloppy sweatshirt and got tons of compliments on my legs! Yeah, I have skinny legs and wearing this legging things makes them look skinnier.
One of the gals in the office brought in easter eggs (choco ones) for us...BUT....for me she brought in some scented candles! Wasn't that sweet? Almost cried over this....so thoughtful of her as she knows I am on some form of a diet and didn't want to tempt me.

Tomorrow is weigh in and now i am nervous. Seem to go thru this every friday for some reason. I hopped on the scales at work and it shows a nice change that I should be proud of however, some other chicky got on and said the scales weigh...............2lbs lighter?!? I was crushed :( So disappointed yet I shouldn't be, right? I mean, only the LL scales can judge me. So why am i taking this so personally.
When I was walking home, the thought of the scales being wrong almost drove me into the arms of the local chipper. Emotional comfort eating. I didn't cave - walked double time right past the shop :) It was hard though.
Now more things to work through - emotion/comfort/boredom eating
Oh WHY did I have to born good looking!!! I would have settled for perma-slim :) LMAO

Time for the tub....again. Enjoy your night everyone. Anyone making LL bar easter eggs this weekend? I am seriously thinking of doing the bannofee pie thing with some bars and the shakes.
IF....i do, will let you all know how it went. But that is a big IF

xx

Well done for staying strong!! :)

What a sweet collegue you have, mine wave c***s under my nose!!

Good luck for your weigh in. xx

awww im the soppiest person when i comes to animals!!!

Well done on resisting temptation with the chippy.. and goodluck with WI tomo xxx

Love reading your diary!

I think you answered your own question about the scales, seriously why would you taunt yourself getting in them and 2lb is still a loss, I suspect that at your WI you will have lost at lot more! The reason you shouldn't weigh yourself is because of the emotional attachment to food but you rock hun for walking past.

Good luck today xx

FLIPPEN ACE!! 4lbs are off.
Got the soup today, and am about to try it. hope to heck it is good

Enjoy your day everyone - off to pick up a bike :( Hope they still sell training wheels...LMAO

4lbs!! Awesome!! :)

Are we going to be treated to some great bike stories now?? Go easy!! xx

The bike, O/H got for work, I went to see if I could find anything that would be good for me. Tried a couple and find the seats VERY uncomfortable. Not really a bike person truth be told however, I am hell bent on at least trying. Did find a nice one, 3speed and have put it on hold for now. Tomorrow I will try O/H's bike along the beach and see how well I do. If I can't handle it, then it will be a stationary bike for me. At least I won't be able to do myself or anyone any harm...right?

I am over the moon with the loss - still not the same numbers that are on the scales at work or at the GP office but HEY HO....still chuffed. Just need to keep a 4lb loss every week - that is my goal.
Sorta, kinda, blaming not enough water intake as i really struggled this week.

Ummm, the soup. Not bad, had better. Ended up putting some tobasco sauce into the batch and it seemed to do the trick. Still find it 'powdery' tasting. Didn't opt for the shepherds pie as I am not a lamb fan :(

Think my earache is back. My jaw is sore again and my ear feels as if it is on fire. Back to the drops again for a few days and let's hope it clears.

Okay, last day of Week 8 menus - HURRAY!!!

Week 8
last day

Breakfast - cranberry/raspberry bar at meeting
Lunch - the 'SOUP'
Dinner - oatmeal
Snack - vanilla shake

O/H is gonna make me the banoffee pie - LL version. Will divide this up into 4 and have one piece/slice per day. Will let you know tomorrow what it is like.

Time for supper now then hopping into the tub again, bundle up and call it a day.

xx

Your journey so far is inspirational! Just what I needed to keep me sane this Saturday night!

Well Done- :)

You rock my lovely brilliant loss, try to not to focus on a weekly goal as that can lead to disappointment as I found out! You can only do what you can do but your body dies the real work!

Good luck with the bike.

Banofee pie sounds pure luxury

Happy Easter xx

Good luck with the bike :) THat's good that you can have a go on your OH's before deciding whether to buy. I am a big soup fan with LL but do put at least 15 shakes (I count them out lol) of Tabasco into them - I also put a spoonful of the Marigold boullion and loads of black pepper, I think they're yummy then but I only like the chicken and mushroom - I also do them in a big mug instead of a bowl x

Your journey so far is inspirational! Just what I needed to keep me sane this Saturday night!

Well Done- :)

You are so welcome! It has been an adventure thus far and still more to come.
This plan is the best I have ever been on and many others will agree. There are a few ups and downs but mostly there are UPS. The weekly weigh ins makes it so worth it.
I wish you the bestest of luck in your journey - you can do this!
Now I shall pop over to your diary and have a peek. Please do not get upset if I seldom post there, I still have probs navigating my way around this place
xx

You rock my lovely brilliant loss, try to not to focus on a weekly goal as that can lead to disappointment as I found out! You can only do what you can do but your body dies the real work!

Good luck with the bike.

Banofee pie sounds pure luxury

Happy Easter xx

You are right Lady T - I shouldn't focus on weekly losses :( Just something I need to change and get out of the old mind frame. Should be focusing on inches instead I guess. BTW, I didn't get measured this week :( So will nag my fearless leader next week to get this done.
The bike IS gonna be an adventure. Just waiting for the temp to pick up a tad more and I am off. Should be a nice quiet ride seeing as how it is Sunday and Easter? Btw, I look like a right dweeb wearing his helmet.

O/H made the pie last night and it looks scrummy! This will be my lunch today :)

Enjoy your Easter! Well, what we both can of an Easter that is.
xx

Good luck with the bike :) THat's good that you can have a go on your OH's before deciding whether to buy. I am a big soup fan with LL but do put at least 15 shakes (I count them out lol) of Tabasco into them - I also put a spoonful of the Marigold boullion and loads of black pepper, I think they're yummy then but I only like the chicken and mushroom - I also do them in a big mug instead of a bowl x

I LOVE tabasco sauce even though I can't spell it half the time (okay, MOST of the time). Chili requires btwn 10 -15 drops as well and a dash of cayenne pepper for the full monty effect.
Have some more of the "soup" to do this week and will keep on experimenting with sauces. Umm..what is this marigold stuff you are talking about? Never heard of it.:confused:

Will be heading out shortly for the bike ride to see how well I do. He already bought his a few weeks ago as he enjoys peddling his arse all over the place - as where I tend to be more....reserved? LOL
Okay...I am a CHICKEN.
Only put a small deposit on the bike that I saw and I only did this because it is a friend of my O/H's son that works there. If I can't handle it - deposit is returned. IF, i like it, then I can pick up the bike along with bells and whistles next week.

I am now nervous:sigh:

Will give a peep into your diary soon..forgive me if I don't post often into your diary. As explained above, I get confused easily and can't navigate around here to well.

Enjoy your day!
xx

Back