This is my year, EE and Green days with Photos

Success Express Day 2 Wednesday 15 may 13

Breakfast.......... HEb 2 weetabix, HEa 100ml milk, fruit and Turkish delight muller

image-3325726027.jpg

Lunch.............. 1 mugshot and fruit ((mugshots are only free if used as the main part of a meal, they are not free as snacks when doing success express)

image-801946760.jpg

Dinner.............. chicken, egg and superfree salad. HEb 2 rolls( the same ones as yesterday)HEa 40g Feta cheese.

image-3985528301.jpg

Syns today 2 tbsp extra light mayo (1) 1 iced coffee small size low fat milk in costa (3) 1 Sainsburys low alcohol lager (1) bag king crisps ; multipack (6.5)
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, popping by to subscribe!

I was diagnosed with GD last year after the birth of my 2nd child. Unfortunately it wasn't post partum type so I am stuck with it. On block and replace but it wasn't working well at all levels still v high so just on carbimazole at the minute. I can feel the weight creeping on already and I still have a month before I'm back at hospital for my bloods, not very happy land panicking a bit lol. Weight loss was the one good thing out of it lol. RAI is certainly not an option for me at the minute although it is looking increasingly likley something needs to happen. Surgery was not even mentioned as an option?!

Anyway sorry for blabbering on, I'm glad your surgery went well and you are feeling better. It is hard to believe how bad you can feel until you start to feel normal again.

Food looks lovely as well, good luck! I will follow how you get on.

Hi, popping by to subscribe!

I was diagnosed with GD last year after the birth of my 2nd child. Unfortunately it wasn't post partum type so I am stuck with it. On block and replace but it wasn't working well at all levels still v high so just on carbimazole at the minute. I can feel the weight creeping on already and I still have a month before I'm back at hospital for my bloods, not very happy land panicking a bit lol. Weight loss was the one good thing out of it lol. RAI is certainly not an option for me at the minute although it is looking increasingly likley something needs to happen. Surgery was not even mentioned as an option?!

Anyway sorry for blabbering on, I'm glad your surgery went well and you are feeling better. It is hard to believe how bad you can feel until you start to feel normal again.

Food looks lovely as well, good luck! I will follow how you get on.

Hello there, delighted to have you join my diary, what a disease, its no joke at all. your in the worst stage now while they try to get you leveled out, it never happened for me so i opted for surgery and im starting to really feel good again. i was overmedicated twice and the weight piled on very fast, can you have bloods done with your gp if you feel the weight is going on rather than wait for the hospital appointment ? All the endos want to do is RAI but im sure your aware that it can create a lot of problems with your eyes. im now on Eltroxin because i am underactive since the surgery and my bloods last week came in ok slight increase in meds because im now in the tweaking stage. if there is anything at all you want to know dont hesitate to ask , i could write a book about it at this stage. will have a wee look at your diary later :)

Morning
You do get some great ideas don't you?
The problem is they always make me hungry lol.
Have a good day

Ooh I didn't know it caused problems with your eyes, mine already bulge slightly and I am very short sighted so couldn't be doing with that! My consultant is very nice but very much 'you don't need to know that' whereas I would prefer to know everything, good and bad. Problem with me is we would love to add to our family in the near future which limits the options, so I will be sticking it out for the next 6 months and hoping it sorts itself out! Definitely think I am overmedicated at the moment; did you have problems losing yours again?

I know what you mean about the food diaries, you always see something you never thought of. I had 'breakfast couscous' there now, sounds so random but it was lovely!

Day 3 Success Express
Breakfast............. same as yesterday 1 HEb for porridge , 1HEa 100 ml milk, fruit & muller light

Lunch................. prawn and veg stirfry, soya and chilly sauce. Fruit & muller Greek

image-652481983.jpg

Dinner............... steak and a few baby boils with turnip, roasted tomato, red onion, courgette, garlic & chilly topped with 2nd HEa 45g feta cheese

image-4198080917.jpg

Syns for the day 15

tesco ice pop (4) muller Greek (0.5) glass wine (7)
2 rocky roads are my 2nd HEb gonna have them later with a cappachino (3.5)

image-256332855.jpg

dropping in to subscribe :)

I had my thyroid removed 23 years ago after the birth of my son when I was 21, My thyroid just went 'mental' and I didn't respond to the drug treatments so surgery was considered the best option. My Thyroid levels settled fairly quickly after the op on a dose of 150mcg Thyroxine daily.....but weight gain was a major issue :( (looking at food I could put weight on lol) xx

dropping in to subscribe :)

I had my thyroid removed 23 years ago after the birth of my son when I was 21, My thyroid just went 'mental' and I didn't respond to the drug treatments so surgery was considered the best option. My Thyroid levels settled fairly quickly after the op on a dose of 150mcg Thyroxine daily.....but weight gain was a major issue :( (looking at food I could put weight on lol) xx

hello there great to have you join my page, just read the first few pages of your diary and i have to say fair play to you starting again after all you have been through.
its very early days for me so i hope i dont have weight problems. im on 50 mcg eltroxin 4 days and 75 mcg the other 3 day each week. the range in ireland is between 0.2 and 4.0 my last blood were 3.85 so tecnically im in range but because im at the higher end im bordering underactive hense the med increase to 75mcg to try and bring me closer to 1.5 and 2.0 more blood in 4 weeks. your doing very well this time with your weight loss i cant wait to see what your eating.

Another week nearly over and im back to work next Tuesday, i was tired all day and felt the need for takeaway food, im pleased to say i managed. Thats me with the Success Express for this week im back on the EE for the weekend.

Day 4 success express
Breakfast............... 1 HEb 2 weetabix, 1HEa 100 ml milk, strawberries banana muller light

Lunch............... sweet & sour mugshot grapes & muller light

Dinner................ HEb weightwatchers pitta stuffed with homemade coleslaw and the donor kebab meat topped with 1tbsp extra light mayo and 1tbsp sweet chilly sauce (2) syns loads of roasted butternut squash too

Today's syns (2)for the sauce, (14) 2 glasses wine,

Recipe for the kebab meat is so easy to do ....1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, onion powder, cyanne chilly powder,black pepper mix this into 1lb of extra lean lamb mince, kneed it into a brick shape getting out as much air as possible, roast in oven on a rack to let any oil drip out, fan 180 for 80 to 100 minutes turning half way through. wrap in foil and cool before slicing a thin as possible.
i mix the mayo and chilly together in a wee bowl first and then add in a few spoons of water to dilute it and make it runny, it dosent change the taste. yum yum.
my second glass of wine is kicking in so im off to the bed soon, night all moira

image-2477330052.jpg

Last edited:
where did you get your extra lean lamb mince?
i can't find it anywhere :(
both times i've made this i've used extra lean beef mince and got some lean lamb mince last week but will have to syn it when i use it for this :( x

where did you get your extra lean lamb mince?
i can't find it anywhere :(
both times i've made this i've used extra lean beef mince and got some lean lamb mince last week but will have to syn it when i use it for this :( x

im lucky to have a really good butcher who has pieces of lamb for sale, he spends ages picking through them for me lifting out all the bits with no fat and then he minces it for me. (he has a seperate mincer for this, we must all be mad for kebabs in this town and hes looking after all the sw groups ) even with that there is still a bit of fat coming out of it so thats why i still use the rack in the oven

im lucky to have a really good butcher who has pieces of lamb for sale, he spends ages picking through them for me lifting out all the bits with no fat and then he minces it for me. (he has a seperate mincer for this, we must all be mad for kebabs in this town and hes looking after all the sw groups ) even with that there is still a bit of fat coming out of it so thats why i still use the rack in the oven

aww that's good!
i'm going to try it with the lean stuff and syn it...then i can decide if it's worth the syns or whether i should just stick to the beef x

Evening all, well thats another slimmingworld day done, yeaaaa im doing good this week. i went shopping earlier and i think i may have bought far too much veg and fruit, im debating doing 2 more Success Express days rather than let it go to waste so.

Saturday 18 may Extra Easy Day

Breakfast......i wanted to keep my HEb so had a big bowl of fruit and yoghurt and im suprised to say it kept me full for a few hours, i always thought id be hungry with only fruit so just goes to show we learn something new everyday.

image-384002546.jpg

Lunch......i had the left over kebab meat and coleslaw from yesterdays dinner and used my HEb on the ww pitta
for Dinner........ i had my alltime favourite Taco chips

image-3331652928.jpg

im all stocked up for tonight with my Syns.......3 bacardi and diet coke (12) aldi crisps (5) penguin bar (5 )
1tbsp extra light mayo (0.5) 1 tbsp sweet chilly sauce (1.5) flour(2) oil for chips (2)
i know im way over but we have to have our treats dont we, im hoping my days earlier this week will stand to me

image-3576560332.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh I like the look of the taco chips what are they? I watched rachael allen this morning making chilli and fancy mexican, yum!

I wouldn't worry about the syns, I will prob be similar tonight. I think as long as you keep on track most of the time it's not a bad thing. I don't know about you but I really look forward to my saturday nights and a wee drink! Watching eurovision and it's so cheesy you need a drink watching it to get into the spirit.

Btw pardon my ignorance... what is success express?

Have fun tonight!

Ooh I like the look of the taco chips what are they? I watched rachael allen this morning making chilli and fancy mexican, yum!

I wouldn't worry about the syns, I will prob be similar tonight. I think as long as you keep on track most of the time it's not a bad thing. I don't know about you but I really look forward to my saturday nights and a wee drink! Watching eurovision and it's so cheesy you need a drink watching it to get into the spirit.

Btw pardon my ignorance... what is success express?

Have fun tonight!

god Taco chips are to die for, well we think so in this house anyway. ive never eaten taco before sw dident like the idea of mince on chips but gave in and tried it cos so many in my group were raving about it.
are you vegetarian ? im sure you could make it with quorn mince anyway
you need 1lb mince and 2 chopped onions fry both on pan and in a seperate pot put 1 tin tomatoes,1 tbsp flour (4 syns) 1tsp paprika and a half tsp of chilly powder,salt,cumin,cayenne chilly pepper,garlic powder,sweetner ,add cooked mince and enough water to thin down the sauce,( i usually add in about a normal glass of water)

cook chips and when ready top with mince and then top with 1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5) and 1 tbsp sweet chilly sauce (1.5) that you have mixed together and thinned down with a few teaspoons of water and then top with HEa of cheese, mince makes 3 large portions try it its fab.

success express is when you have 3 meals each day and for each meal on your plate you have 1/3 free food the other 2/3 MUST be SUPERFREE. you can have 2 a and b choices each day but all snacks must be only superfree. 15 syns each day, all syn food used must be synned at the highest band. you can do it as many days as you want . i did this a few months ago for 4 days and lost 4lb that week

im here watching this eurovision and think i need more bacardi its dire as always. hope your having a good night. Moira

sunday 19 may
success express again today cos i needed to use up all the fruit and veg i bought

Breakfast............. 1 HEb 2 weetabix, 1HEa 100 ml milk, strawberries banana watermelon grapes and muller light

Dinner..............2/3 plate of roasted veg with a few new potatoes par boiled and then roasted too, wee bit of pork fillet rosted with garlic and rosemary

image-394994471.jpg

Tea............used my other HEa and HEb on the rolls with 40g cheese an beetroot

image-1720406240.jpg

Syns.......1 Cappachino (3.5)1 tbsp el mayo(0.5)crisps (7)1 bacardi (4)

Last edited:
Back