this may sounds stupid....

youcanhumpmyleg

but one of my friends asked me last night what was the point in red and green days if you can follow the ee plan? now i have no idea cos ive just been doing red n green days so no idea about the ee plan as i havent yet got the book till monday can someone explain so i can tell my friend that shes thick lmao !!:8855:

To be truthful - when looked at it in that light - there isn't a point.

That said - i started before EE came along and i can't get my head around it. That said I also know of people who have gone from struggling on red/green to have successful losses on EE but then i've known people stop loosing on EE till they've swapped over to red/green and then started loosing again.

Not every plan will suit everyone - at least now there's a good choice available to use all.

EE seems to be more about eating sensibly and works on the basis that none of the foods you can have on it are actually bad for you, its all low fat still, also you only have 1 each of HexA and B, so youre cutting your fat intake down and carbs from the b slightly to compensate for being allowed other stuff, also every meal your plate is supposed to be 2/3 full of superfree foods, so that pushes you more toward fresh veggies and salad than toward the options that have opened up from being allowed red and green choices,

but your right , at first look it doesnt appear to make sense, ive lost 18lb in 3 weeks though on EE so im not knocking it yet.

EE seems to be more about eating sensibly and works on the basis that none of the foods you can have on it are actually bad for you, its all low fat still, also you only have 1 each of HexA and B, so youre cutting your fat intake down and carbs from the b slightly to compensate for being allowed other stuff, also every meal your plate is supposed to be 2/3 full of superfree foods, so that pushes you more toward fresh veggies and salad than toward the options that have opened up from being allowed red and green choices,

but your right , at first look it doesnt appear to make sense, ive lost 18lb in 3 weeks though on EE so im not knocking it yet.

agreed but sorry to hijack the thread but 14lbs in one week??? WOWZERS!!!! well done!

The point in red and green days is flexibility.

I like red and green because I like the option of having 2 A choices and 2 B choices.

If I have pasta or risotto or bean chilli then I don't want it as an EE day, I want my extra A's and B's!

Today is EE as I want rice with my chicken curry tonight. If I didn't want rice I'd call it red and have and extra B choice.

I think it depends what you value most - being able to eat meat and carbs together without counting or having more HEs.

If you are a vegetarian then you gain nothing from doing EE, and in fact you lose out because you get fewer HEs, both in terms of number and the variety of things you can count as a HE. In this case the green plan is vastly superior to EE.

Some people prefer to low carb and find that this is easier to do on the red plan than EE because it is set up to restrict carbs, unlike EE. With the added benefit of more HEs, again this may be a better plan for certain people.

I like red and green as I enjoy not having to choose between milk and cheese. Or whether I have cereal for breakfast or save my B for a sandwich at lunch.

Plus I like not having to try to add veg or salad to every meal. I lost well on red and green, and my superfree food was mainly fruit for snacks. It was good to eat a bacon and sausage sandwich without having to worry that I didn't want to add mushrooms or tomatos to 1/3 it!

Like has been said - it's flexibility. EE is more about the portion control.

EE is definitely more flexible and adaptable for the whole family.

However saying that I prefer my Red Days as I get better losses! I have an EE day if Hubby and I plan an indian takeaway though...like tomorrow :)

Red/green were the original SW plan. EE was only introduced last year I think. As people have said EE is more about portion control. You could still eat 3 plates of dinner if you were desperate but with all the veggies it's unlikely you'd manage it. It's important to have the veggies for health on red/green too but it's not vital. For me red/green makes me feel like I'm not eating normally which reminds me constantly what I'm doing, with EE it feels too normal so I have to actually watch myself more carefully. For a lot of people the beauty of EE is that they are eating normally, traditional sunday roast for example before SW would pretty much consist of 1/3 veg, 1/3 meat 1/3 potato just as it does now. I think for people who did SW before EE it's a crazy thing to get your head around. We've learned not to mix and seen the losses, the thought of mixing it again is a little scary. I did SW about 12 years ago but it was still in the back of my mind when I started this year so I stick with red/green and have better weigh ins with it. I do find myself looking at my food consumption at the end of the day and think oh it could have been EE but I've just got used to thinking red/green foods don't mix, it's like a mental block. :giggle:

Back