This time it's for real

Summer

I can't remember how many times I have started and stopped and lost weight and put on.

Last year I went to weight watchers, was getting on great but my leader was on holiday for a week and the next meeting I didn't go and then stopped going. Went on holiday came home and hadn't gained any weight but started slipping back into old ways.

The last 6 weeks I have ate and drank like a king, fantastic but I am not happy with the way I look. When I was losing weight I felt better about myself and loved the compliments.

I am not sure if I want to go back to the meetings. I felt that going to the meeting shamed me into losing weight, I'd never want to go and have put on weight so I always tried my best. However I thought it was expensive and I hated that part. I know it's a small price to pay for the benefits of feeling looking and becoming a healthier person.

The one thing I know is that I want to lose weight.

all the best to you. It sounds like you have made your mind up so hopefully you will achieve what you set your mind to xoxo

Hi there and welcome

If you think you can do weight watchers alone then go for it, there are plenty on here that will be happy to help you if you need help with things like points etc. so you wouldn't really be doing it alone after all now you have minimins

However, if you feel that going to the meetings is what kept you on the straight and narrow then maybe you should swallow the doubt and just go back, or even find another group if you really can't face going back. Like you said, its a small price to pay and maybe you'll meet someone at group that you gel with, i think thats important for many people.

Whatever you decide you can count on plenty of support on here

CC

Well here I am again. I joined this website 3 years ago and I am back to square one again.
I started again, yes started again, I wish I didn't have to start again but I am and I really want this to be the last time.

I have all the materials from weight watchers so I can point again (discovery plan not pp) I think a problem I had before with pointing I estimated my portion sizes, and usually underestimated then I'd be worried my points were over. Thing is I don't know how to, when I have a bowl of cornflakes I just fill the bowl and I don't know how much I put it. Same with vegtables, I just pour as much as I want out the bag. My lunch is usually salad with added bbq chicken bits or bacon bits, I don't know how to point that. My evening meal, I have a micro meal, weight watchers or good for you, I would like to cook more but money is tight for me and I am too lazy to cook. I would cook if I knew how to do things.

I had a gym membership but cancelled when I quit WW. However, the weather is getting better and I am taking up zumba. I have started walking round my local park which from home and back again is over 3 miles.

This is it!

Well I'm back again, joined weight watchers 3rd May, joined a gym and I have lost 9 pounds so far..

I am glad I came back to this old thread to see my previous self.

Back