This time its going to work!

Day 30 - I'm pleased to say today and yesterday have been 100% days. I've SS+ a little bit, but I think that is now the best way for me to do it - I'm finding it too hard to give up food.

So I thought I'd just check in. I've now got the dress I wanted for my gradduation - I bought it in a size 12 and have worked out I need to lose 5/6" off my hips to make it fit. I graduate in the middle of July, so I'm realy hoping I have done it by then...I hope that is realistic!

Anyway...off to bed now! Will try not to leave it so long between posts this week! Also - I haven't got a weigh in this sunday like usuall, I've got one in two weeks...my CDC says she is expecting a BIG loss from me so I'd better get my arse into gear!! hehe!!

Hi Ezmie, i really enjoyed reading your diary it is just the motivation i need!!! Im new to the cd started ss yesterday and found it really hard, ended up cheating when i got home from work, same happened today, was doing well at work as soon as i got home i ended up having some tuna lol soo not doing very well, gonna try again tomorrow to stay focused on what im doing, need to lose 3 stone before my hols on the 1st iof july, do you think its posibble xx

Hi Vicky! Phew..the first few days are reallllllly hard! Once you're into it its really good! I would say, if you're finding it really hard just on the shakes and soups...try having a SS+ week to ease you into it? When you have a small low carb meal once a day too.

Also....some days when I'm on SS I feel I just have to eat something!! I always keep a bowl of cooked chicken in the fridge so I can nibble on it if I feel the urge!! Also prawns are really good to snack on! I'm sure loads of CDCs will tell me off for saying that....but at the end of the day, its better you eat that than pig out on a chocolate bar!!

You'll be fine! Once you've got through the first week, you'll see how much weight you lose and then you'll just be spurred on for the next week!

You'll be flying in no time! Keeping a diary is a really good way of doing it too. I find I have to answer to everyone on here if I go wrong...so it kinda keeps me going! (Although I had a really bad week last week....as you've probably read!)

Good morning! Right so its 9am...I'm just about to start work for the day. My House mate and I have ajust done a Davina workout....and it really hurt!! hehe!! I guess in all the good ways though.

I'm a little cautious about doing too much excercise as so many people seem to say that it slows your weight loss - but I feel much better for doing it, and even if I put on weight in muscle, I should still lose the inches which is what I mostly care about.

Anyway! I just thought I'd report in. Had my banana tetra, now back to work!!

ok so I know its only about 3 hours since my last post....but I'm bored...and thought I'd have a little vent about the dreaded SCALES!!

So I bought some all singing all dancing scales in the hope that they would give me an acurate measurement of my weight. Which I'm sure they do, they also acurately tell me how much weight I put on during the day. If anyone is as obsessed with numbers as I am, you too probably jump on an off the scales a few times a day knowing full well the number wont have changed (or will have gone up due to eating and drinking).

I have also tried to work out the difference between my scales and my CDC's scales, not really sure how far out they are - I think about a pound, so not much. Then I do silly things like taking off as many items as clothing off as possible to get my weight half a pound less than it was previous...which is so stupid because when I get weighed with my CDC I definitely have my clothes on!!!

Anyway - I have now given my sacles to my housemate Kim, who has promised to guard them with her life until saturday morning...I figure that will be enough time to get some actual results (if I do get any)

Right! Rant over with!! Got a presentation to write. Woopdeedoo!

Hehe, I do the same. I always weigh morning and night! And every evening I am gutted when I have put on from the morning, which is ridiculous cause I know I am going to! But still, everytime I wait for it to bleep and look down hoping for a 2lb loss.... lol

Hi ezmie, guess what i had a 100% ss day today and dont even feel hungry yippeee i only got shakes of my consultant, what are the soups like? she said she thought they werent very nice, think i'll take your advice and keep some cooked chicken in the fridge just in case i feel like im gonna give in, anyway i'll keep you posted....

p.s your doing really well hope i can too xx

Hi everyone! This is just a quick one before I go to bed! Trying to post every day!

Have had a good day today - full of temptation and I managed to resist it all! I'm going to bed very pleased with myself hehe!!

My sister is coming up this weekend to visit...so I'm hoping she will understand my eating liquids and drinking about a gallon of water!! She'll have to, cause I'm not going off plan for anyone right now! I think I may have hit "the zone!"

ok ok ok I know I said I wouldn't, but I jumped on the scales today - And I've lost 2.5lbs since monday, which I am very happy about. I'm not going to change any of my weight charts until I next get weighed by my CDC (which is a week on sunday). I'm hoping she will be very proud that I will have stuck to it for two weeks....I just have to do it now!! hehe!!

I've got absolutely nothing to do today except writing my dissertation. I find it so hard not to think about food when doing this sort of thing. I used to use it as a type of reward system for doing work like....write a sentence, get a biscuit...write a paragraph...get a piece of cake,...finish a chapter...order takeout! Sometimes a tetra block doesn't quite cut it!!!! But I'm gonna plough on, I figure, the less time I'm eating, the more time I have for work!! So its all good!!

I reeaaaally want to get into the 11s for when I see my CDC next...it basically means losing 6 more pounds in 10 days...which I think might be a little unrealistic. Maybe not if I was just starting out, but I think 3/4lbs a week is a triumph. I'm just going to stick with it and see what happens.

When I first started uni I was hovering in the mid 10s and relatively happy about myself...so I'd love to get to there by summer, but we'll see! Just got to keep focused!

Hope everyone is doing ok!! Might go for a swim this afternoon...shall maybe report back after that!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh dear oh dear! Well I fell off the wagon over the weekend...my sister came up and I hadn't seen her in ages, so we went out for food and drinks...and then I was so hungover on the Sunday that I couldn't face my shakes and ended up eating a full english! Uh Oh!!

And then yesterday, I had a massive presentation at Uni, and was so stressed about it I couldn't eat before I did it...and then was so relieved when I finished that I had a massive dinner. Not good at all.

Part of me is really cross with myself, because before my sister came up I had lost 5lbs that week...(not having a weigh in for another week though) and after I weighed myself this morning, I've put back on 4. So I'm kinda back at square one for this weigh in, and I really really wanted to get into the 11s for my CDC so she would be proud that I'd stuck to it for 2 weeks without her.

I think it just shows that I really need to have a weigh in each week to keep me on track.

ANYWAY!! I'm back on the shakes now. Not doing any SS+ing this week, strictly 3 shakes a day and gallons of water! I also bought myself some ketostix so I can get focussed and see when I'm back into ketosis....with the amount of food I ate, could be a while though.

I've noticed that loads of you are reading my diary, but not really posting anything. Its really nice to know your reading it, but I could really do with a big shove in the right direction at the minute, especially if any of you have got to the 4/5 week mark in the diet and are struggling as much as I am.

Thanks everyone xxxxxxxx

Well, its been a long day. I'm had two tetras and a soup today. I made the soup a bit watery in the hope that it would fill me up a bit more...didn't really work!! But thats to be expected after my food binge I suppose!

Isn't it funny how once we decide we want something to happen with our weight - we want it instantly! I forget how many years I've indulged in chelsea buns and chocolate bars, if it took as long to lose the weight as it did to put it on...I'd be screwed!!

Well...here's to another 100% day tommorrow!

Congrats on your 100% day. I'm sure you'll be in ketosis before you know it!

Hey emzie,

Congrats on your 100% day today, thats my goal for tomorrow! Hope you have another successful day tomorrow.

Lou x

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I've had a good morning so far - did a workout dvd with my housemate. It was quite fun, and its nice to have someone to do these things with!!

Trying really hard not to weigh myself everyday, but I couldn't help it so I jumped on the scales this morning, and they were slightly better than yesterday...but I don't know why I keep doing it because your weight can fluctuate so much in a day... I know that unless its a few pounds it probably wont mean anything!

Well...aiming for 100% again today. I used to set myself targets like, 1 whole week at 100% and having to exercise 5 times a week. But I think now the easiest way is just going to be to take each day at a time. I still have a lot of weight to lose, and I know its not going to happen overnight, so I just need to keep plodding on!

I've got my dissertation due in on Friday. My lab partner has just looked over it for me, so were going to go and talk about it today - I hope he doesn't say rewrite the whole thing!! I might be a bit stressed tonight!

Off for my soup now!

Just had to quickly post! I bumped into an old friend today who dragged me to starbucks for a frappaccino...MY FAVOURITE THING EVER!! And do you know what?!? I bought a bottle of water!! Hurraaahhh!!

xxxxxxxx

Good morning!! well tomorrow is the dreaded dissertation hand in day - which means today is my last day for working on it!! eeeek!

I'm soooo hungry today. I even checked to see if I am in ketosis..and I am, so I think I'm probably not hungry, just really want to some food as I'm working so hard!

Anyway - determined to plow on. I have also made my excuses for 2moros pub crawl (after the hand in time). I really want to go, and will probably go and have a coke to see everyone at the first pub, but then I have agreed to meet a friend in town shortly after...so can't stay even if I want to!

Anyway...should probably get back to it! Hopefully I won't be back on here later confessing all my sins!

great diary!! I have a few leaving do meals for work colleagues who have been made redundant and i am struggling with excuses not to go out for lunch so know how you feel about the pub crawl. anyway, good luck for the rest of this week

Oh My Life!! I have handed in my dissertation - a whole years worth of work summarised in 60 pages!!

I am super glad I jumped on the scales this morning. I wasn't going to, cause I didn't want it to get me down, and then cause me to go and have a blow out after I handed my work in. BUT as you know (if you've been paying attention hehe) it will be nearly two weeks since my last weigh in and I have my next one on sunday at which point I weighed 12 st 9lbs. The scales this morning read...11st 13lbs!!!

OH MY GOD!!

Granted, this was before I drank anything and without any clothes on, but still...I haven't seen the 11s in such a long time no matter how hard I have tried. And nowits given me such a boost!! I'm fully prepared for my CDCs scales to show the early 12's..but I don't care!! I'm well on the way!!

So...In celebration today, I have drank an extra litre of water and have been for a swim (which is probably a bit more water too...I'm constantly gulping by accident! Hope the chlorine doesn't affect ketosis hehe!!) I'm off to the boyfriends for the evening now!! I haven't seen him in over a week because of all my damn Uni work...so I can't wait!!

I don't know whether its the weight, my uni work, or the fact that summer is around the corner, but I am feeling super positive at the minute!!

Congratulations! On getting your dissertation in, seeing the 11's, the extra swim and being so positive! Hope your feeling smug with yourself lady! ;)

Bet you can't wait for Sunday to come around now? How a lush evening, be a good girl though!

Ok...so after my very positive day yesterday...I feel less good today - I knew it couldn't last!!

I went round to the boys last night, then he ordered dominos pizza!! How considerate eh!! He had had a hard day, but even so...I was gutted, it smelt sooooo good! But I was good, I didn't have even one bite of a slice! Either way though, I don't know what the smell has done to me, but ALL I can think about is eating. The only thing keeping me going is my weigh in tomorrow, I HAVE to be good until 9am tomorrow.

I also think that might be my problem...All I can think in my head now is after 9am tomorrow I can have a treat! Which is really not how I should be thinking!! My Brownies are having a bake sale on Monday at a local fair, and I've said I'll bake the biggys like the victorias sandwichs, chocolate gatauex and lemon drizzle cake!! It is going to be a nightmare!!

Anyway! As you may have seen I have set myself a mini goal for the 16th of May. It is to have lost a total of 2 stone. It means...from my last weigh in 2 weeks ago, I need to lose 11 pounds, which works out about 3 lbs a week. So my aim for this weigh in is 6lbs (as its been two weeks since my last one)

Hopefully I will make it...I am actually secretly hoping that I will exceed it somewhat. But my lying scales are not my friends at the minute, so cannot be trusted!!

Anyway....sorry for the slightly whingy post! Will hopefully be a bit more upbeat tomorrow!

Back