This time last year...

BSL11

Hi all, just looking back at christmas posts from last year for some extra motivation (hubby out, baby in bed so having a good ol' motivation sesh).

I came across a "this time last year" post and thought I'd start one for this year...

So...this time last year I was pregnant with my son. I was really poorly with laryngitis and couldn't take anything for it - didn't stop me stuffing myself silly over christmas and new year as I had a good excuse (that's what I said anyway) and feeling even worse for it.

This year I have my beautiful baby son (that's the biggest and best change). I am sticking to plan over the festive period and having some treats here and there and not stressing (for example, work christmas meal - had it and just got back on plan) and hoping for a sts. In 24 weeks I've not had a gain (all losses and 2 sts) and I don't want to have a big gain for the sake of a couple of days binging.

So, what were you doing this time last year...?

Coolio. This time last year I was 33lbs heavier than now (if not more). I was preparing to move house, hating my job and felt pretty cr@ppy about life in general.

Much better now :) been called handsome twice in the last two weeks for the first time ever!! Major motivation boost! And people are commenting on how noticeable the loss is now :)

This time last year I was 24lbs heavier and feeling as miserable as sin. I was still living in Leicester and hating every minute of it. I had my house on the market and was desperately looking for a job here in Cornwall, I felt like I was stuck in limbo :(
This year I'm as happy as larry I'm 24lbs lighter for starters I have a fab job and new home to spend xmas in. My son is settled into a lovely school. All I need now is my mum living here and my jigsaw is complete :)

This time last year I was 24lbs heavier and feeling as miserable as sin. I was still living in Leicester and hating every minute of it. I had my house on the market and was desperately looking for a job here in Cornwall, I felt like I was stuck in limbo :(
This year I'm as happy as larry I'm 24lbs lighter for starters I have a fab job and new home to spend xmas in. My son is settled into a lovely school. All I need now is my mum living here and my jigsaw is complete :)

This time last year I was just over four stone heavier than I am now - the heaviest I've ever been. I was wearing 18-20 clothes whereas now I'm in 10-12s. I was gutted that I couldn't find a pair of winter boots that would fit my calves. By contrast recently I went shopping for boots and was spoilt for choice as they were all big enough for my calves - except some were too big and looked like wellies lol! I couldn't make up my mind so ended up buying two pairs instead!

This time last year I was 19lbs heavier and feeling really uncomfortable in my size 14-16 clothes. I did enjoy christmas as I have a wonderful family and it was great fun but my weight was niggling away in my mind all the time.

Today I went out and bought all my Christmas outfits. I bought 3 pairs of Skinny Jeans in size 12. I have room to spare in them, so hopefully size ten isn't far away. But for the moment and for this Christmas I can enjoy it the way I did last year but this year I will be looking and feeling great :) :)

Love this Thread. Its made me all happy now :)

This time last year me and my partner was still in our flat in a town called Barwell and were desperately trying to save to move. We hated that flat. It was so cold during the winter, so cold you could see your breath in the air. The heating cost us £25 a week to run and even then it was still cold. We didn't have a proper front door and the windows were practically falling out of their frames. There was a hole in the living room floor, black mould growing on the walls of the bedroom and the toilet was leaking. We had been there for 3 years but with one income coming in, we could never afford to move. So this time last year, enough was enough. I refused to pay my land lady her rent as the flat was inhabitable. We started saving about £150 a week and finally managed to find the best flat in the world on the 28th of January :) (We've now moved out of there into a house.. moving 3 times within a year is NOT COOL)

This time last year I was single and more than 2 stone heavier.

Now I've been with my partner for 8 months, we're going away together in May for 2 lovely weeks in the sun which has all been paid for and I'm much lighter! I also don't have clothes size denial any more - I actually wear the clothes size I fit in to not the next one down. Major denial!

This time last year I was 45.5lbs heavier and I was engaged!

I have since "seen the light", stopped lying to myself, split up with him and have never been happier since. My little boy has enjoyed his first term at infant school and even he is much happier since the split.

Here's to a fan-dabby new year to everyone!!!

x

This time last year, I was around my heaviest (I've lost around 50lbs to hit target) and I was really, really miserable.

I had a broke wrist which wasn't helping me, and I was in major denial about the clothes size I needed (Size 16-18) whereas now I'm a 10-12! It's been a hard year weight-loss wise, but I got there!

I think it's really important to look now at how well we've all done, and carry that through into 2012! Well done everyone, we're all amazing!

Here's a snap shot of me last Christmas on the left and last month on the right ... I feel so much happier and healthier being 26lbs lighter!

I'm not the fastest loser in the world but perseverance has paid off!

Happy Christmas everyone xx

Last edited:
This time last year I was 2 stone heavier, a size 14-16, in what I thought was a happy relationship with my now ex, and really looking forward to Xmas with him and my family.

This year, I am 2 stone lighter, a size 12-14 (unless it's fleece pyjamas, and in that case I'm in a 10-12!), all on my lonesome, back in touch with some awesome friends and finally starting to look forward to Xmas and some much needed down time with my family! I am starting to re-find the real me, and, do you know what? I quite like the real me and not the one my ex turned me into!

As for next year... bring it on! :D

This time last year I was about 6lb heavier (I know, I have been pretty useless this year!), living on my own in a really cute but really draughty house, in a brand spanking new relationship after being dumped after 7+ years, not sure of what the future held.

Now, I am in a new, slightly less draughty house, with a lovely man, 2 new cats, about 29 birds, 4 hamsters and 2 tortoises, still not sure of what the future will hold! Yeah, I may not have lost a lot of weight physically, but by jove, I have come along leaps and bounds mentally! And yeah, I am more skint now than I was last year, but money ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Merry Christmas!

This is a great thread, really inspiring! I wish I could contribute but my weight loss for this year has been gaining and losing the same half stone over and over.

I can say, this time last year I was in a small 1 bedroom flat with my boyfriend and cat, and a banged up car! Now I am in a small 3 bed house with the boyfriend, 2 cats and a better car. If only I had a weight loss to add :) keep these coming, they're great!

This time last yr I was a target member and I was 6 weeks pregnant with my son. I am now 5lb off being a target member again! I will be having a flexible syn day on Christmas day and shall be sticking to plan the rest of the time

Aww what a feel good thread!

This time least year I was nearly 2 stone heavier, absolutely dreading Christmas on my own with my little brother after my mum died in the October and my Dad decided he couldn't have us for Christmas day.

This year I'm slimmer and happier and SO excited to go and spend Chrsitmas in Ireland with my OHs family. Got all my prezzies bought and feeling really happy and Christmasy!

Next year being at target will be the icing on the (christmas!) cake :D

This time last year I was probably about 2st heavier, and thought I was destined to be fat forever. Now I know I don't have to be, and the future is more open for knowing that

Back