This will never work...

Lisaberry

Silver Member
...but I REALLY want it to so I'm giving it a shot!

I'm trying EE this week and mainly eating veggie foods.
Jacket spud with beans and salad, mushy pea curry...quorn steak strips with stir fry veg and rice

I only do red, I'm scared to death of (delicious) carbs but I need to cut my food budget and if this works it will be a delicious way to do it....
My mushy pea curry cost about £1 in total and I've had 3 big portions out of it!
I've decided to class myself as doing EE veggie style to make sure I eat plenty of superfree.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I lose this week!!

Hey best of luck to you, I lost my first 3 stone on just green so it does work to have carbs =)

I've lost my 2 stone in 10 weeks with a combination of Extra Easy and Green.

To mirror Clareel - it does work!!

If you haven't had carbs for a while though you may find yourself feeling bloated to start off with - don't mistake this for weight gain and give it time to settle.

I think that EE is a healthier all round plan as you get a bit of everything :)

I do mainly red days with a couple of green but I would say I have lost quite a bit as well. I think those plans tbh are still very healthy as I always have carbs (HE) on a red day, and protein (HE) on a green day. I find it works well, and of course I fill up on superfree too. We all prefer different plans but I think the main aim is to lose a decent amount of weight if you stick to it 100% and enjoy your meals. If you dont enjoy what youre eating, you wont stick to it.

I'm feeling a bit bunged up at the mo but hope that will pass.
I just had mushy pea curry with salad (no rice) for lunch, Mmmm tasty tasty!
I'm going to have a jacket spud with beans and salad for tea.

I'm terrible for getting on the scales constantly but am trying really hard not to this week.

If I lose this week I'm going to be soooooo happy!!

No please try not getting on those scales till W I. Big brother is watching you ha ha. And well done with your loss so far, youre doing well

I've lost my 2 stone in 10 weeks with a combination of Extra Easy and Green.

To mirror Clareel - it does work!!

If you haven't had carbs for a while though you may find yourself feeling bloated to start off with - don't mistake this for weight gain and give it time to settle.

I think that EE is a healthier all round plan as you get a bit of everything :)

Thatnks for pointing this out!! I had been doing red days for ages, and then had a couple of green days this week as I was really craving some pasta, and I was suddenly really bloated. Due to that I switched back to red immediately as I really do not want a gain.

It was good to hear why this was - I will not be so scared of green in future :D

A woman in my class who isn't at all overweight got her 1 stone sticker last week after losing 4 pounds in a week and she only ever does green.

I suppose I had it in my head that if you had lots to lose that green was ok but for those closer to target it wasn't a good idea.

It's weird, I've completely gone off all 'decent' meat lately. Sausages etc I could eat (but won't) but have absolutely no desire for chicken, ham, steak etc. So, my need to reduce the grocery bill is really forcing me to try what I really want to eat.

I bought some pearl barley (39p for a massive bag, sooo cheap) and really want to make some soup for work. Going to have a look for some recipes now

it's very much a case of finding a plan that works for you and fits into your lifestyle. I much prefer red/green days because otherwise I will go over board with spuds and meat on same plate - and probably one of the reasons i got to the size i was. I've had good losses on both plans though - either mixing up during the week and having both red/green days in roughly equal proportions or when I've had weeks primarily of one plan.

At moment though - due to finances - I'll be mainly doing green days for a while - it just works out cheaper then buying meat :) that said - I've got a fair stock of meat in the freezer so can alternate still for a while yet.

Hey

It reallys does work and found another thing this week, if you do stray from the plan, up your super speed foods for the rest of the week and it makes up for it, A little bit :-S

KRO Guys

xxx

Lost 17lbs so far with green and started in the 2nd week of feb. You will feel bunged up with veggies, maybe some gentle exercise or even a laxitive to get you moving. I;ve been a veggie for some time but being a unhealthy one caused the weight gain soo when i switched to the green and seeing my diet is mainly fruit and veg i had much the same problem for the first week. Wekk or so later it had past and i felt fantastic and i still do tbh :D

Back