This Works!

Discussion in 'Quit Smoking' started by samsmoot, 2 October 2007 Social URL.

1. samsmoot

samsmoot Member

If your doctor will prescribe it you should try 'Zyban'. It does have side effects, so it's not for everyone, but unlike patches etc. it releases you from the nicotine addiction instead of feeding it. The course lasts a few weeks, by which time you will notice yourself smoking less and less. Zyban kills the craving, but you may have to make a little effort to break the habit.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    a good friend of mine died from a zyban related death
    just as with all drugs - zyban can do a good job but can be bad for some people

4. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    There is a new alternative to zyaban called champix .This has better results I now know 5 peeps who have given up with champix 3 had tried and failed with zyaban .You get it prescribed from ur doctor and are monitered to make sure that you are doing well .Not heard of any serious life theatening side affects but im sure that any side affects will be explained to you good look on giving up xx ps i am not a doctor so please talk to one before buying champix from man on street corner xx

5. TwoPoundsPerWeek

TwoPoundsPerWeek Full Member

Is there a website for these drugs, or especially one compariing them? I'd really like to pass this along to my mom, as she is a lifelong smoker who is constantly "quitting". It would be wonderful to find something that would really work.

Slushy-I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That's so awful. Do they know why, if you don't mind me asking?

6. silvister

silvister Member

yes ,if your doctor advice you then you can use this ,but personally i am not sure about zyaban, because i never try this, but my friend he is using that because his doctor advice him, and he told me that i am ok and i have no side effects of this , my suggestion is that it is risky so you have to take the advice of other doctor.

7. toptotty4you

toptotty4you New Member

I used zyban when I gave up smoking. Like most things there is a risk and you should ask your doctor to explain them to you fully before you partake. I was a heavy smoker when I used zyban, approx 60 a day. I had cut smoking out totally about three days after starting zyban, that was about 3 years ago. I have never touched a cigarette since.

TopTotty

8. hottot

hottot Full Member

Diet:
    pro points
    it sent me frigging loopy man it was not gd!!!!!!!!!!

9. cathyz

cathyz Banned

Yes, its a prescription medication designed to help smokers quit more easily than without the drug.

10. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    i am seeing my doctor on friday so gonna ask about the champix! thank you xxxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.