Thought I'd give it a go!

Hi,

im averaging about one pound a week and am really liking it so far. I've been doing it for six weeks now but haven't weighed myself lately. Had lost five pounds the last time I did weigh in though :) It's the best diet I've ever tried.

I feel like I'm still over-eating on non fast days.....so am debating on fasting an extra day next week, so Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday fasts. I don't know if that would be easier for me than just watching what I eat on non fast days or not.... I just love being able to eat as much as I want on non fast days, and save all my willpower for the fasts! I've tried to restrict overall calories every day on various diets in the past and always eventually gave up as it was jut too restrictive.

Another fast day bites the dust! Hard to believe this is already week 6 and I haven't messed up a single fast day. That's 12 successful fasts done! Fingers crossed the scales are good to me next week. Even if it just shows a tiny loss I should still be happy, considering how much I've been enjoying non fast days!

You still going Heather? Oh wait.... Bet you're on holiday!

Hi! So I'm depressed...Ben away for a no. Energetic holiday and have eaten and drank way too much. Just got on the scales and am the heaviest ever. All my hard work undone :( I feel so horrible!! Well done your doing amazing! X

Hi, try not to let it get you down! If you indulge like that, great! Holidays are sooo important. Maybe if you do it again try not to weigh yourself straight away after.... That's what I'm doing and it has helped keep me from getting too discouraged or from giving up.

Well done :) amazing isn't it?! I've got a shelf of clothes that don't fit can't wait to get into them!! Gonna fast today wish me luck!

Good luck! If you feel tempted to eat too much, just look at that pile of clothes and think about how good breakfast will be tomorrow! x

So I have done slimming world for a year and a half and lost almost 4 stone however the past few months I have struggled to stay on track and find myself losing weight then putting it back on a few weeks later and I am now getting disheartened so thought I would try the 5:2 diet to give me a boost to get the last bit of weight off. Have people had a lot of success with this? Any recipes or food ideas would be a great help :)

So I have done slimming world for a year and a half and lost almost 4 stone however the past few months I have struggled to stay on track and find myself losing weight then putting it back on a few weeks later and I am now getting disheartened so thought I would try the 5:2 diet to give me a boost to get the last bit of weight off. Have people had a lot of success with this? Any recipes or food ideas would be a great help :)

Welcome! I don't know how much I've lost in total as I haven't weighed myself for a while. After five weeks I'd lost 5 pounds, so about a pound per week for me. My clothes definitely feel looser and my overall energy levels are higher. I think the fasts are much tougher when you first start, but they def get easier!

Got some eat water slim pasta for lunch tomorrow. Gonna try it in a 100 calorie cup of soup. Soaking it overnight in the soup mix as I know it has no flavour on its own.

Welcome! I don't know how much I've lost in total as I haven't weighed myself for a while. After five weeks I'd lost 5 pounds, so about a pound per week for me. My clothes definitely feel looser and my overall energy levels are higher. I think the fasts are much tougher when you first start, but they def get easier!

I done my first fast day today and I planned my breakfast, lunch and dinner so I hadn't felt hungry. However after using all my calories on my three meals I have been hungry since about an hour after my dinner and miss being able to have a snack at night. Fingers crossed this gets easier. Do you still eat healthily on your normal days or do you eat whatever you want? Does it effect weight loss?

I done my first fast day today and I planned my breakfast, lunch and dinner so I hadn't felt hungry. However after using all my calories on my three meals I have been hungry since about an hour after my dinner and miss being able to have a snack at night. Fingers crossed this gets easier. Do you still eat healthily on your normal days or do you eat whatever you want? Does it effect weight loss?

Congrats on your first fast!! I haven't been watching what I eat on non fast days. After seven weeks of fasting, I have noticed that I get full quicker on non fast days, which is great!

It I'd tough when your sat hungry at night so I try to keep busy. I go for a walk or sort cupboards out ha ha I also find it easier going to bed earlier so ill watch a film in bed or read. I don't watch what I eat on normal days but didnt seem to
Want to eat junk as felt terrible. Have had 2 weeks off now and feel rotton. Didn't last with Sundays fast so starting again. Took all my measurements last night and front back and side photos and starting again. Gonna weigh and measure every 2 weeks x

Just had the eat water pasta for lunch. Really surprised at how good it was! I just mixed a tiny bit of water with it so the soup mix was quite strong. I also added a little salt and pepper. First time I've felt full at lunchtime after only having 115 calories!

Just had the eat water pasta for lunch. Really surprised at how good it was! I just mixed a tiny bit of water with it so the soup mix was quite strong. I also added a little salt and pepper. First time I've felt full at lunchtime after only having 115 calories!

What's the eat water pasta?

Just in case you decide to buy some, this has NO taste on its own so you really have to marinate it as i did. The texture isn't quite like pasta either - much more firm.

Just in case you decide to buy some, this has NO taste on its own so you really have to marinate it as i did. The texture isn't quite like pasta either - much more firm.

What type of marinades do you use and is it really calorie free? That's crazy!! Can you buy it from any shops?

Back