Thought I'd give it a go!

Pigged out yesterday and feel utter rubbish! I hate the morning after fee-need to remember this next time I'm tempted to be a complete pig!!

I pigged out on Fri. I set myself up for it...isn't that awful! I knew I was going to so I did some damage limitation...i ate normally for breakfast & lunch to avoid pigging all day, and I fasted til 5 the next day. But I'd I'm going to have an evening off, I need to make it indulgent but not a complete binge until my tummy hurts, coz that's disgusting!

I went clothes shopping for my holiday. It was so nice to get new clothes but v depressing to get them a size larger than last year :( but no regrets...It is what it is. If losing weight and keeping it off were easy none of us would be here.

I'm afraid it was Heather who went spinning and deserves the well done. I've never been spinning in my life! Not sure I'd survive :)

Ha it's awful it really is! No pain no gain though!

Had dinner out with mum yesterday and then tea out at the pub with hubby and his family!! I think its so much harder to be good in summer I just wanna be our all the time!

Considering a fast tomorrow just to try and limit the damage and cleanse myself!

I have to confess I felt so much better after I fasted yesterday....It put me straight back in control rather than extending my binge. I even had a meal out today but rather than saying sod it I came home and did some exercise and skipped dinner (still full - and I know that's because fasting helps me feel my full and hungry signals more clearly. I know it sounds crazy!

So although I'm not 5:2 ing, I'm still going to incorporate fasting to help me control my weight and eating.

I'm reading an excellent book at the moment called diet cults. It's about how we're psychologically predisposed to want to follow diets and evangelically believe in them, but ultimately it can't be a one size fits all. I haven't got to the end yet, but he looked at the national diet registry of 5000 people who 5000 have lost weight & kept it off and he found that although they all followed different diets (so any diet can work), they had the following in common:

1. They ate similar meals day in, day out - reducing choice, and increasing consistency.
2. They exercised a lot - burning 24th an average of 2461 cals per week in dedicated exercise sessions.
3. They were more motivated and determined to succeed than they had been on previous diets.
4. They weighed in regularly - daily in most cases. Obsessed were more likely to succeed.

Therefore to succeed we need to:
1. Find the right motivation and keep it in mind
2. Exercise for 40-60 mins 6 days a week to burn av 450 cals a session
3. Have a list of 3-4 go to meals for br, lunch & tea and only deviate on special occasions
4. Weigh in daily & record.

I'm going to give those rules a go.

So the good news:

Week 0: 13.0 / BF 41.5
Week 1: 12.10 / BF 40.8 / -4 lbs

Going in the right direction.

Now for the bad news. On sat I had my hair chemically relaxed. But she didn't tell me not to wash my hair before and left it in too long. It frazzled my hair and burned my scalp. I look a frigging mess. I'm not supposed to wash my hair yet but I'm not sure how I can go into work like this. :( *sigh*

He just pushed me so hard and made the gym more enjoyable!

Plus it made me go in between as it would be embarrassing not to! Ha

There's no way I could afford it though I just about scraped money together with help from mummy!

Feeling yuk this morning after all the junk I've eaten this weekend. Going to fast as long as I can until I feel better

I'm tempted too but want to see how no diet no weigh July goes first. Had carrots and humous for lunch and just had a piece of malt loaf then going spinning and quorn spag Bol for tea... Not too bad!

Feeling like a fat pig at the minute though and I think it's because I haven't been going the gym much :( just looked in the mirror and felt like crying

Back