Thread for blokes starting LL in Jan/Feb 2008

it is just water

I hope so, but I always weigh myself at the same time in the morning, after a pee and before I start my water. I think you are probably right though - water must be being retained sometimes. I have a bit of a chest cough (only very minor) and perhaps it is down to that.

Cheers
Mike

Hi, Just been reading this thread. I am a man on Cambridge.

Have done it a few times with limited success but feel this is the time to do it.

Started Monday at 21st 11lbs, my heaviest ever.

I am aiming for initial 5 stone loss between now and some time in May. I am judging this on previous losses of average 7lbs per week, with the first week about 12-14lbs.

4 years ago I got to 17stone and felt very good. I am 6ft 2 and hold off 17 stone rather well, although still classed as obese on the weight/height BMI thing. I am not fussed about that scale of measurement though, I believe if I feel good and can fit in to high street clothes (large is fine) and am happy with being 17 stone, then this shall be my target, and not BMI = 25. I guess each to their own.

Anyway, I will try to post as often as I can and keep you updated of my weigh-ins, which are liekly to be on Tuesdays.

Good luck everyone

Neco

I agree with you Nico - I'm supposed to be 11 stone which would be a bmi of 25 - but on me that would look ridiculous - will be happy at 13 stone(ish)

Good luck with your weight loss

Hi there Neco - Best of luck!

I agree the BMI stuff does seem out of canter. I need to get to 13st 4lbs to not be classed as fat at 6ft 1"

I hope that I can get there!

Thanks BL - but don't think the weight loss will be so great at my WI tonight - am a little nervous!!!

Thanks BL - but don't think the weight loss will be so great at my WI tonight - am a little nervous!!!

Don't be nervous. it will be what it wil be, it's out of your control. :)

If its good news, then great! If it's not so good - you always have next week to catch up. You can't lose! Except weight - you can lose that!!! :D

Good luck! Let us know how you get on. :)

WI last night - I was very suprised to have list 5.28 lbs ! I didn't expect that much.

We also got to try the new tomato soup.

Week 8 weigh in and measurements

I forgot to add that I was measured too and have shrunk more.

The amazing thing was that Maggie, my LLC showed me how big I used to be by holding the measure around my waist and chest with the original sizes - that really suprised me - a few inches makes a huge difference (as I guess we all know when trying to put on jeans 1 inch too small!)

Anyway here are the numbers so far for anyone interested:

Week 8 weigh in :
Lost 5.28 lbs
Total lost 58.08 Lbs BMI down from 42.9 to 35.26

Measurements:

Original:
Chest 55.5"
Waist 55"
Collar 19"

Now (06.03/2008):
Chest 50.5" - 5" loss
Waist 48" - 7" loss
Collar 17.5" - 1.5" loss

Don't be nervous. it will be what it wil be, it's out of your control. :)

If its good news, then great! If it's not so good - you always have next week to catch up. You can't lose! Except weight - you can lose that!!! :D

Good luck! Let us know how you get on. :)

Only 2.8 lb :cry:

What was the tomato soup like Mikey - any good?

I'm hoping that I like it even though I don't like normal tomato soup ;)

It was OK - didn't really taste of tomato though - more like a bolognese sauce. It definately needed lots of salt and pepper, and would probably be better with tabasco too.

For me, it would be a great addition (despite the lack of taste) just as a change.

Let's hope so eh!! I don't mind if it is a small loss, as long as there is an inches loss to counteract the small weight loss - week four next week, so should be getting my first measurements since starting!!

See you tonight Corey - hope you have had a good week.

How have you other guys got on recently?

Hi Mike - you certainly will see me tonight - week 4 weigh in! Blimey I have stuck to a diet for longer than 5 minutes!

OK the judges results are in and the confirmed results are:

Week 9 weigh in :
Lost 5.06 lbs
Total lost 63.14 Lbs BMI down from 42.9 to 34.59

What about the rest of you guys - how is it going?

Back