thread for nutters

emma3662

Silver Member
Apologys for th title but thought i'd start a thread for people with mental health issues I suffer from depression anxiety and panic attacks I cant leave house on my own - minimins is a haven for me where I can either tell everyone my problems and struggles or pretend i'm normal for a while i'm hoping this thread will provide support advice and maybe even humour xxx

You don't have to pretend you're normal, you are normal. Depression etc. is a normal part of life for lots of people nowadays. I was told I had depression last year and prescribed some tablets, I tried them for 4 weeks, didn't feel any different so stopped taking them. I preferred my own feel good pills, Pies, just a shame about the side effects.

I no how that feels I gained nearly 4 stone in a year and i'm on meds so god knows wot I would have ate without them lol th hardest part for me is I find not many people understand my illness because I look healthy but if my head looked th way it feels i'd scare people away lol

Hi Emma. I also suffer from mental health problems. I suffer from anxiety, depression and a touch of OCD. It comes and goes in waves and I'm in a pretty good place at the moment now I'm losing weight. I think my size plays a massive part in my anxiety and depression, so I'm trying to tackle it before it gets any worse. Hopefully my confidence will be better when I'm slimmer and I'll be able to get out and have a social life, because im 21 and hardly have any friends and never leave the house unless I go to work or if I'm with my boyfriend. I want to be a normal youngster and go out every weekend and have fun!! :)

I'm 23 and i've been suffering on nd off for 9 years now :-( I cant leave house by myself at all I can go weeks stuck in th house coz I feel safer I sleep loads too coz of meds depression is an ugly thing but touch wood ya dont get worse but if ya do DONT give up work I couldn't cope and had to leave my job and when I think about it now I wonder if I could have forced myself to go and wouldn't be such a hermit now its hard when people dont get it too as some people expect u to explain and sometimes ya really dont wanna talk about it

hi guys :)
i suffer with anxiety and low self esteem so i find it difficult giving ppl eye contact and i scrutinise everything i do thinking i look strange etc, its hard sometimes but forcing yourself to do things , even just little things like walk to the shop, helps you improve. i used to be a lot worse i wouldnt want to go anywhere and had social anxiety, but it comes and goes now. i was diagnosed as having post natal depression after having my child but i beleive they got it wrong and it was just anxiety as i was just nervous about doing anything wrong.. god sorry thats almost a life story! xxxx

I'm turning into a house hermit and I need to do something about it.

even little things like opening the curtains in the room and looking outside can help, little things at a time xxx

I opened my curtains, looked outside, I think Jeremy Kyle had just dumped some of his "guests" on my road.

haha niiiice. hope its better today x

Back