Thursday Weighers

Is it during the * week that you actually gain or the week before. I always feel more bloated the week before and crave sweet food. Or does it depend on the person?

Hi - think it depends on the person. I gain during * week anything up to 3lbs or sometimes more. Peri menopausal so my * weeks are all over the place at the moment and are longer than a week - aren't I the lucky one....!!

slimmingali27 said:
Hi girls, im new to minimims,im Ali, ive been doing slimming world for a year now and last thursday i had lost 6st 5.5lb altogether.i had my gallbladder removed friday just gone and since then i have put on 9lb,im hoping this is just fluid retention after the op as i have been sticking to the diet,but its really got me down. Would you mind if i join you girls as im a thursday weigher and think im going to need the support in the following weeks,looking forward to getting to know you and good luck for this week girls xxx

*waves* welcome aboard... Well done on the losses so far, your doing fab... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi girls, im new to minimims,im Ali, ive been doing slimming world for a year now and last thursday i had lost 6st 5.5lb altogether.i had my gallbladder removed friday just gone and since then i have put on 9lb,im hoping this is just fluid retention after the op as i have been sticking to the diet,but its really got me down. Would you mind if i join you girls as im a thursday weigher and think im going to need the support in the following weeks,looking forward to getting to know you and good luck for this week girls xxx

Afternoon slimmingali27,

:welcome2: to the Thursday Weighers thread!!!

That's a pretty amazing weight loss you have there! :woohoo: Congratulations on that :0clapper: I'm sure you'll fit in here just perfectly hun...and I bet you have LOADS of tips for us all!!! :D

I don't think that 9lbs will hang around for long. I'm sure I read on another thread that it's very common to have water retention after an op xx

I need to vent.
I wad told earlier today that Friday will be my last day at work.
I have made some calls and waiting for replies / interviews.
I am now seriously craving a binge. Pizza sounds nice and so does half a bottle of Malibu.
I shall resist though since I want my 4.5 lbs this week to get my 10st award.
:(

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

slimmingali27 said:

For stuff like that they fill you full of saline don't they?

Sorry to hear your news ColJack - was that a total surprise? or were you on a contract?
Good luck job hunting - if you are determined you will succeed - look at your weight loss as evidence of this.
10st award here you come - dont be weak. You dont need a pizza and drink to cheer you up - ultimately it will make you feel much worse.

Contract, but we've got another months work for 4 of us yet. They are getting rid of 2 of us, supposedly picked at random.

Got a meeting with a bloke that works where my brother does for about a years work hopefully.

Thank you for the welcomes, looking forward to sharing the rest of this journey with you. How long have you all been doing slimming world for?

Coljack they didnt pump me with saline..i wish they had then i would know why i had such a gain,they used air to inflate me to get to my gallbladder,i think i just had one drip if antibiotics while i was in there. Well done by the way on your fantastic weight loss that is amazing!!! Im sorry you have had a bad day, keep strong, think of how happy you will be when you weigh in and get the result you want,it will be a much better feeling than what you get after half a bottle of malibu :eek:) xxx

Welcome to the thursday group slimming Ali They are a lovely bunch here and have made me feel very welcome if im honest i dont think i would have carried on without them but sssh dont tell them dont want inflated egos adding to weight on thursday lol

Coljack dont reach for the pizza you know in the long run it will make you feel worse, you have done amazingly well and you need to be adding that 10 stone award to your signature this week!!!

ColJack said:
I need to vent.
I wad told earlier today that Friday will be my last day at work.
I have made some calls and waiting for replies / interviews.
I am now seriously craving a binge. Pizza sounds nice and so does half a bottle of Malibu.
I shall resist though since I want my 4.5 lbs this week to get my 10st award.
:(

That's really bad news Coljack :( Fingers crossed for you that something comes your way very quickly xx
I hope you resisted the pizza and malibu xx

I had my gallbladder removed the other week as well, when i weighed on the scales at my local leisure centre I had gained 6lbs in one week so am hoping thats what it was for me as well! Hope oyu are back on track now :)

Well tomorrow is wi, I am a bit nervous, as I have been very good since Sunday after my naughty weekend away, but I don't know if I have done enough to counteract any gain... Rest assured Thursday gang, if I do put on, you will see a more determined Sadie next week... xx

Is it REALLY Thursday again tomorrow??? :eek:

Home scales are finally showing a sts / 1lb loss after my mammoth 'eat as much chinese food as you can possibly stuff down your neck' meal out on Friday night :eek: ...

Just hope I can hang on to it until tomorrow nights wi lol!!! :rolleyes:

BopKatie said:
Good luck to you sadie. I had a naughty weekend too but I'm not wi. This week as I'm away so got the next week to try and improve. The good intentions are there...

Good luck again xx

Thank you babe... Enjoy your time away, and remember, this is an eating plan for life, you still have to live, so enjoy yourself, but be good when you can, is the best way to look at it... xx

skinnydawn said:

Home scales are finally showing a sts / 1lb loss after my mammoth 'eat as much chinese food as you can possibly stuff down your neck' meal out on Friday night :eek: ...

You will be fine love, Chinese isn't too bad, and so what if you do gain? You always have the means to set it right... hugs... xx

Good luck for tomorrow Sadie xxxx

mammoth 'eat as much chinese food as you can possibly stuff down your neck' meal out on Friday night :eek: ...

Love it Dawn!! I am going to try and have 6 straight days of being good from tommorow can never normally manage 4 let alone 6!!:rolleyes:

Hi girls, well the fluid retention seems to be coming off after my op now, when i got on the scales this morning i had managed to lose 7.5lb of the 9lb i had put on im hoping by 2mrw the other 1.5lb would have come off and i will be able to get a maintain at wi this week..the batteries on my scales have died so i will have to wait until wi to find out..fingers crossed xx

skinnydawn said:

Fingers crosses you will get your 1lb loss hun xx

Back