Thursday Weighers

Ok had a really vad weekend probs used about 500 syns feel like crap nw need some motivation to keep on track for the rest of the week. Got a lot of stress so just ate and ate and ate but no nw that it is goin to be terrible for my weigh is there anything else i can do to make my a lil bit smaller? X

nadine bowen said:
Ok had a really vad weekend probs used about 500 syns feel like crap nw need some motivation to keep on track for the rest of the week. Got a lot of stress so just ate and ate and ate but no nw that it is goin to be terrible for my weigh is there anything else i can do to make my a lil bit smaller? X

Drink lots of water! And I mean LOTS. I have my best losses when I work nights and I've figured out this is because I drink almost 4 litres of water/squash across my day. I'm making a conscious effort to drink at least 2.5litres a day as water retention accounts for a lot of what I see on the scales.
Also get straight back on plan, don't write off your whole week because of a bad weekend all that will do is make things worse. I tend to be an all or nothing thinker and when I've had a bad day I've carried on being bad all week and suffered a gain when actually if I'd reigned mysel in it would have been ok.
Lots of superfree, superspeed foods!

Don't be disheartened we're only human and this journey will have twists and turns along the way :) xxxx

Drink lots of water! And I mean LOTS. I have my best losses when I work nights and I've figured out this is because I drink almost 4 litres of water/squash across my day. I'm making a conscious effort to drink at least 2.5litres a day as water retention accounts for a lot of what I see on the scales.
Also get straight back on plan, don't write off your whole week because of a bad weekend all that will do is make things worse. I tend to be an all or nothing thinker and when I've had a bad day I've carried on being bad all week and suffered a gain when actually if I'd reigned mysel in it would have been ok.
Lots of superfree, superspeed foods!

Don't be disheartened we're only human and this journey will have twists and turns along the way :) xxxx

I have often wondered about the drinking water thing. I have heard it many times but never understood the theory behind it. Surely the extra water from hydration will add weight? Don't get me wrong I am not advocating dehydrating to save weight but I just drink as normal. Can someone please explain the theory?

P.S. is squash ok instead of water?

Bossman

Just start a fresh tomorrow, we've all been there, don't feel disheartened tomorrow is a brand new day :)

Not sure about the theory behind water but i am now drinking over 3 litres of water a day and i find i snack less and i am also losing weight more consistently compared to when i used to manage about a litre or less of water a day. I think sometimes when a person feels hungry they may well be a bit dehydrated and drinking a bit of water usually gets rid of the hunger and if it doesnt than you are hungry. So that way i think you lose more as you will naturally eat less x

Bossman1959 said:
I have often wondered about the drinking water thing. I have heard it many times but never understood the theory behind it. Surely the extra water from hydration will add weight? Don't get me wrong I am not advocating dehydrating to save weight but I just drink as normal. Can someone please explain the theory?

P.S. is squash ok instead of water?

Bossman

It's because we are very easily dehydrated, sometimes so mildly that we have no overt symptoms of it. Things as simple as a slightly warmer room temp can affect our fluids. The second your body knows its even slightly dehydrated it retains water, which then won't shift and translates as weight gain. Being really hydrated also means, without being crude, you pee more! Your body will get rid of what it doesn't need but will store if it thinks it isn't getting enough. This is all info I got from a doctor at work (I'm a nurse) when I had the exact same thought as you.
As for squash, I use sugar free so it's syn free and it makes no real difference as the drink is still 99% pure water

Not sure about the theory behind water but i am now drinking over 3 litres of water a day and i find i snack less and i am also losing weight more consistently compared to when i used to manage about a litre or less of water a day. I think sometimes when a person feels hungry they may well be a bit dehydrated and drinking a bit of water usually gets rid of the hunger and if it doesnt than you are hungry. So that way i think you lose more as you will naturally eat less x

Sounds very plausible. I drink lots of tea but I don't think that counts so I need to change.

Bossman

It's because we are very easily dehydrated, sometimes so mildly that we have no overt symptoms of it. Things as simple as a slightly warmer room temp can affect our fluids. The second your body knows its even slightly dehydrated it retains water, which then won't shift and translates as weight gain. Being really hydrated also means, without being crude, you pee more! Your body will get rid of what it doesn't need but will store if it thinks it isn't getting enough. This is all info I got from a doctor at work (I'm a nurse) when I had the exact same thought as you.
As for squash, I use sugar free so it's syn free and it makes no real difference as the drink is still 99% pure water

That's fantastic. So, it's drink lots of lovely liquids for me during the day but it will be as squash as I get bored with just plain water. I will use sugar free squash of course.

Thanks everyone

Bossman

I'm the same with tea Bossman...sadly it's a diauretic (spelling...) so doesn't really serve as a hydrating drink! I have all my tea but have also been trying to drink water especially on body magic days. I forgot recently and it showed on the scales this morning as 2lbs of fluid retention, whoops! Definitely not a bloody gain cos my halo would blind ye!

I'm the same with tea Bossman...sadly it's a diauretic (spelling...) so doesn't really serve as a hydrating drink! I have all my tea but have also been trying to drink water especially on body magic days. I forgot recently and it showed on the scales this morning as 2lbs of fluid retention, whoops! Definitely not a bloody gain cos my halo would blind ye!

Well Sheanin, we need to push each other to change our habits don't we? I will try to go to squash so tell me off if I report I am failing. I will do the same to you (assuming you tell me)!

Cheers

Bossman

Had a lovely day today with a good start and middle but as planned i did celebrate my daughters birthday with non sw food well the cake was no sw but everything else was fine. But I am suffering now as i havent even had a litre of water today never mind my usual 3 litres and my head is pounding and my tummy feels so funny and bloated. Oh well never mind i did enjoy myself so dont mind if there is a gain on the scales on thursday. Back on plan fully tomorrow and will try and get my 3 stone award next week x

Well Sheanin, we need to push each other to change our habits don't we? I will try to go to squash so tell me off if I report I am failing. I will do the same to you (assuming you tell me)!

Cheers

Bossman

It's a deal! I'm grand with water myself, our tap water is lovely cos we live right beside a bottled water company and naturally enough they get theirs from the same source as us, lol. I can understand how it bores people though - took me a while to crack on with it. I'm a serious tea/coffee drinker (the former is a given being Irish!), easily 6-8 cups a day if not more, though I do use as little skimmed milk as possible and syn any extra. I've even managed to cut right back on bread, but tea? No chance!

Go with the sugar free cordial, start with say a litre a day over the whole day and see if you can build it up. That's what I did (do) with water and I must say, I do find I feel a thousand times better when well hydrated. I do have my bad days where it's just the tea, though...:eek:

It's a deal! I'm grand with water myself, our tap water is lovely cos we live right beside a bottled water company and naturally enough they get theirs from the same source as us, lol. I can understand how it bores people though - took me a while to crack on with it. I'm a serious tea/coffee drinker (the former is a given being Irish!), easily 6-8 cups a day if not more, though I do use as little skimmed milk as possible and syn any extra. I've even managed to cut right back on bread, but tea? No chance!

Go with the sugar free cordial, start with say a litre a day over the whole day and see if you can build it up. That's what I did (do) with water and I must say, I do find I feel a thousand times better when well hydrated. I do have my bad days where it's just the tea, though...:eek:

Will do. Going to try to start tommorow if possible. Otherwise it will be Thursday. This week is a bit topsy turvy as I start a new job tommorow.
I have just drunk two pint glasses of cold Sugar Free Ribena before I go to bed. It's a start and will keep you up to date with my progress. Best of luck with yours :)

Bossman

Last edited:
Urrgghhh had another bad day, will be lucky if i only put on 3lbs this week. The culprit the birthday cake is nearly finished and i did start the day off great until i cut some cake for my daughters and tasted a bit and just couldnt help myself and had more but that would have been ok and covered by my syns but than i ate all the crap. Oh well i now know i will have to work on my self restraint when it comes to special occasions. Will be starting afresh tomorrow and will most likely gain on thursday but will just have to get on with it and try and lose what i put on for the following week x

Not even thinking too much about tomorrow as WI will be in the evening instead of my usual morning one. Onwards to next week and my 4 week mark...hoping for my first stone award and silver body magic!

Take it back...muddled up my days, I'll be goin to usual WI in the morning! Gah now I'm nervous cos it means I need 2.5lbs or around it to be on track for next week!

Back