Thursday Weighers

Bet that felt fab, what you gonna do with all your other clothes

Well, I have always been a yo-yo dieter (done them all), so I have never thrown anything too big away as I've always managed to fit back in it at some point!! There's not a lot that's too big just yet, but it's the first time I've done SW and just maybe this might be the first time I believe I can keep the weight off and take it to the charity shop :D

Well, I have always been a yo-yo dieter (done them all), so I have never thrown anything too big away as I've always managed to fit back in it at some point!! There's not a lot that's too big just yet, but it's the first time I've done SW and just maybe this might be the first time I believe I can keep the weight off and take it to the charity shop :D

yes you should, dont keep the bigger sizes DO IT NOW lol

Thanks for the support people you are all doing so well as well :)

Hi all, recently went back to weighing on a Thursday after a month off SW. I'm 13 weeks pregnant at the moment so not really expecting to lose anything but would like to keep my weight gain down as much as possible. I'm not entirely on plan at the moment due to being unwell so will see how I do!

First two weeks back - gained 4lbs then lost 4lbs the next week! Who knows what's going on there but I'm sure it will even out at some point? ;)

Hope everyone is doing ok and having a good weekend :) x

Hi all, recently went back to weighing on a Thursday after a month off SW. I'm 13 weeks pregnant at the moment so not really expecting to lose anything but would like to keep my weight gain down as much as possible. I'm not entirely on plan at the moment due to being unwell so will see how I do!

First two weeks back - gained 4lbs then lost 4lbs the next week! Who knows what's going on there but I'm sure it will even out at some point? ;)

Welcome along hun. Congratulations on the baby x.

Hi Missy, so do pregnant women generally just want to STS when attending SW?

Welcome along hun. Congratulations on the baby x.

Thanks! I was a regular on this thread up until a couple of months ago so it's good to be back. I need to find my motivation again as my original motivation for losing weight was to get pregnant! Now it's all about keeping healthy for me and baby. :)

Hi Missy, so do pregnant women generally just want to STS when attending SW?

I guess it depends on the woman and what advice they received from their midwife. As my BMI is now under 35 my midwife is not too unhappy with my weight but she would like me to keep my weight gain under 2 stone and wouldn't be too unhappy if I lost a couple of pounds. If my BMI was still 48 like it was when I started SW it would be a different story I think...

It's different for everyone I guess is the answer! I'm expecting to gain, I would just like to not go crazy and gain my entire 5.5 stone loss back! ;) My C is great and is encouraging me to do what I can to eat healthily, there's certainly no pressure for me to lose and I'm pretty sure SW aren't allowed to advise pregnant ladies on losing weight, that's why they have the midwife approval/advice forms etc.

It might seem strange me paying for SW for the next six months when I'll be most likely gaining weight but I know it'll do me good in the long run and the money spent will be worth it :)

Congrats with the pregnancy xx

Thanks! I was a regular on this thread up until a couple of months ago so it's good to be back. I need to find my motivation again as my original motivation for losing weight was to get pregnant! Now it's all about keeping healthy for me and baby. :)

I guess it depends on the woman and what advice they received from their midwife. As my BMI is now under 35 my midwife is not too unhappy with my weight but she would like me to keep my weight gain under 2 stone and wouldn't be too unhappy if I lost a couple of pounds. If my BMI was still 48 like it was when I started SW it would be a different story I think...

It's different for everyone I guess is the answer! I'm expecting to gain, I would just like to not go crazy and gain my entire 5.5 stone loss back! ;) My C is great and is encouraging me to do what I can to eat healthily, there's certainly no pressure for me to lose and I'm pretty sure SW aren't allowed to advise pregnant ladies on losing weight, that's why they have the midwife approval/advice forms etc.

It might seem strange me paying for SW for the next six months when I'll be most likely gaining weight but I know it'll do me good in the long run and the money spent will be worth it :)

Thanks for a great reply and good luck with the rest of your time to birth ;)

Wow I am so happy for you Missy! I've been off plan but used to post regularly too so I know what a journey it has been in wanting to get pregnant - just read your post now and I thrilled, WELL DONE!!! :happy096:

You can continue to lose weight quite healthily with SW while pregnant, you will need to up your Hex As and Bs though so if you're in Group speak to your C about it. Hugs to you and a big congrats. I've just come off the pill so will hopefully be in the same boat as you soon hon xx

Wow I am so happy for you Missy! I've been off plan but used to post regularly too so I know what a journey it has been in wanting to get pregnant - just read your post now and I thrilled, WELL DONE!!! :happy096:

You can continue to lose weight quite healthily with SW while pregnant, you will need to up your Hex As and Bs though so if you're in Group speak to your C about it. Hugs to you and a big congrats. I've just come off the pill so will hopefully be in the same boat as you soon hon xx

Thanks Abfab :) We are over the moon!

Whilst you can lose weight doing SW while pregnant I'm more than happy not doing and for ladies with only a little to lose a loss isn't always feasible. I'm more than happy just to limit my gain. And I have to say, it's easier said than done! I always maintained that I'd stick to SW once I was pregnant and just keep on going like normal, the reality is harder though with nausea, raging hunger, cravings and food aversions to deal with. I've had horrible nausea which only settled with eating - unfortunately marmite on toast works best and its not very SW friendly! I'm really not loving most veg and yogurts are out too. The only good thing about food aversions is that I've gone off chocolate lol. ;) My tastes have changed completely and its been difficult adjusting my already slightly limited diet (I'm vegetarian). So I'm just doing the best I can for now and following my midwife's advice re: weight gain.

I go to group so I've had all the information for weeks now, there is no mention of the green plan though so I've been adding an extra HEXA and B on to my green days, seems only fair if not official! ;) Tbh I'm pretty much off plan at the moment most of the time anyway but am managing to crawl back on occasionally now the sickness is improving. Hoping to be back on it properly in the next few weeks. And it's all worth it so I'll take any weight gain I get - as long as I get my baby at the end of this I don't care :)

Good luck with TTC - hope it takes you less time than it took us! It was not a fun 15 months but its all worth it now :) xxx

Morning guys, 1lb off this week so can finally say got 1.5 stones off :woohoo:
Good luck with the WI's and have a great week everyone x

Good start to the week, well done! I go to group this evening and I foresee a biiiig gain ;) x

Good luck with weigh in today. I aint happy I am all bloated thanks to the iron tablets and yes I know I should be happy with my scales saying 1lb off but I gained 3lbs last week and was hoping for a little more - rant over

Back