thyroid and food

debtdummy

Silver Member
mums got underactive tyroid after an op 10 years ago to reduced over active . what foods can she eat she recently watched half a program about not eating broccoli?? someone help please

Yes I've read that too. Broc and also sprouts, not sure why or what other foods to avoid. But you should avoid protein for at least an hour after taking thyroxine. Although I take mine with my morning cuppa, which I put milk in. I just can't go without coffee first thing. Not the best thing as milk has Protein in but I have always taken it that way and only found out about a month ago. Been on it for 20yrs! Omg, I didn't realize it was that long, but I did start taking it in my early 20's.
X

hi thank s for reply , have u tried drinking green tea, seems to help , also loads exercise is helping me lose the weight

Yes I uses to drink green tea all the time, is really good but I found it gave me palutations, weird but a few people I know have that problem with green tea.
The weight thing, pain in the butt! And some days I just feel so tired, other days fine. You know what, I can't even remember life before my thyroid went wrong, I know I was skinny though!
Although I have been slim lots of times since, but it is very hard to keep motivated when you have a tired day. Maybe I'm just lazy!?
Oh and did you know your suppossed to take on an empty stomache and not eat for an hour for body to absorb thyroxine? I didn't until recently! I used to take it when I had breakfast!
X

Back