Ticnic

salsaqueen

Which is a picnic for people with Tourettes and their familys on Saturday at Hyde Park. Thing is I've promised my eldest girl "who has Tourettes" for the past couple of years we would go and for one reason or another haven't made it.

This year we are going but I have not got a clue on the food front. On the rare occasions we have had a picnic in the past it's been french bread, pate, cheese, crisps..etc..ect.

What I need is some good ideas please so I don't blow the diet out the water. xx

frittata, fruit salads, pasta salads, rice salads, eggs, cooked chicken. What would you have taken on a picnic before SW, try and think that way and then replace with SW alternatives. EG batches - use as HEB, fillings, just omitt the mayo etc., crisps can be syned. It's not a daunting as you think really. A flask of soup is a good filler too. Have a great time what ever you take.

I cant really think of anymore to add!

How about some veggies cut up with some dips, sw scotch eggs, Blt sandwiches.There are some really lovely ideas for picnics in the magazine the strawberry cupcakes look yummy!!

My oldest son is a friend of Pete, the guy with Tourette's who won Big Brother. It is a very challenging illness, although now Pete has become known people don't worry when he shouts (I guess).

I think individual salads are a nice idea... I always find sarnies go soggy.

Cooked morrisons free sausages, boiled eggs, chicken, savoury rice, pasta salad, low fat crisps, . Hope you have a great day x

Thanks for the great ideas. Looks like I will spend most of Friday shopping and cooking. Fingers crossed for great weather. xxx

Back