Tillyfloss getting there at last!!

Thanks everyone,
I think I will keep this up as my dairy, If it needs to be moved to the diary section I am happy for someone to move it, but am also happy to leave it here :)
So today is officially day 6 for me, I am still thrilled for losing the 8lbs at the beginning of my week, and today woke up with that great feeling that I had slept really well.
Was reading one of Icemoose's inspirational newsletters yesterday evening, the one about enjoying the wieghtloss journey...
It rang a bell for me, because, well this diet can be boring, and can easily become a difficult road to walk if we let it, so my goal for the next two weeks (then beyond) is to find some part of everyday, which makes me think that this weightloss journey is enjoyable . For now, the bit I find so enjoyable is the feeling of well being that being in control gives me. When everything is going on around and you can't slow things down, it's great to be able to take one thing that you can take ownership of and enjoy the feeling that brings..
So I am going to enjoy today, have lot's to do..
Good luck everyone else for having a nice, enjoyable day...

x

Hey Tilly, great idea to keep a diary!

Glad to hear you sooo positive today, well done again for your fab loss!! and great that found Mike's news letter have you subscribed too, you get a new update then every saturday, it's a good read!

Enjoy the good feeling:D

xx

Thx Lelly, I have subscribed, and have been going through some of the old ones on the site...

I really am very motivated right now, and it's great to know you will be there to kick my ass when I waiver :)

Hi tillyfloss, its nice to know that you are feeling really motivated and I like your drive especially the "finding some part of everyday makes your weightloss enjoyable" :) I will be following your diary and hopefully this will motivate me and give me the kick up the arse that i NEED too :copon: xx

Hiya Francesca,
I will be looking for your diary too!
A great mutual apreciation society is minimins!

I just know that this time I have to do everything very different. I want to make big life changes so need to change all the previous ways I have tried and failed to lose weight!

x

Well Done, that's a terrific start!

So I have now done my first week :)
I found another positive to this diet (obvious, but just struck me)
It is so great not to have to worry about cooking low fat low cal meals...
I just got in from the dentist, had taken water with me but was ready for my first shake when I got in...
It was so nice to quickly whizz up a meal, and am now sitting here with an icy cold thick vanilla shake...
Can't wait for the next few weeks to pass.. and no I am not wishing my life away, it's just such a nice feeling, when you look in the mirror and can see a difference.
One of those days today, so much to do but not a lot of motivation to get up and about to do stuff.
Think I am going to just chill a while!

x

Thanks Curly...
Have actually had a hungry day today so have had to bring my mnatra to the fore!!!

"Every day, in every way I feel better and better" havent had any desire to cheat at all but just felt daunted on and off by the length of journey ahead... Think this is actually more to do with other stuff going on in my life right now though!
Going to have my last shake soon, but can't decide which one to go for! decisions, decisons :)

I'm really enjoying reading this thread Tillyfloss. I find these forums very motivational and everyone is so friendly and helpful. My diary would be very boring I'm afraid if I was to do one, but I must admit I'm addicted to coming in from work and signing straight in, I trawl through all the CD threads, it stops me eating and if we're wavering......all these lovely people step in keep us on the straight and narrow!!! Wonderful!! xxx

well done on your loss babes!! that's incredible!!

something i try to remember, and when i restart on saturday i will say it again and again... the time passes anyway. it's up to me whether i am slim at the end of it or not.

i just wish i'd got the hang of repeating it to myself a couple of months ago :D

abz xx

Funny isnt it... the little things.
Today looking back I was actually quite down...
I made a pact at the beginning of this diet that I wouldn't look back and wish I'd done it sooner, and I sort of really do feel that.. But I do think it's handy to remember that I could have done it sooner if I had wanted to!
I'm not sure why I fell off the wagon, but I do know it was my decision to fail!
I think it is hard sometimes for me to take control of my self, it';s so easy to blame circumstances. But like Lelly said to me, all my problems will still be there when I lose weight, so what will be different. I have been thinking of this a lot, and I know I will have all sorts of problems still when i have lost weight, but I will also have proven that I can tackle some problems, my weight being one of them.
I think what I am going to do is look at each week as a seperate journey. Each will have it's goal... just to lose weight! And each will have it's reward.. I have wanted to buy myself so many little bits and pieces but always buy something for the kids, or a friend instead.
I'm goign to start surrounding myself with beautiful things.
Does that sound mad everyone?

x

Reactions: abz
Well I am feeling much better today, yesterday i was a bot out of sorts but today am buzzing again.
Have been doing about 2 litres of water so far but am going to add in another 1 litre if possible. :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:
Funny I only drink water, rarely drink hot drinks but always struggle with my water intake on CD. I suppose it's the variety really.
Am just doing my shopping list and food menu for the coming week, in our house we let each of our children choose something they would like to eat the following week, so they all get a say in it and also help to cook it. Must admit, doing this doesnt make me feel awkward or bad etc. It's just a part of life that still goes on!
Have noticed my rings are a bit looser today, usually the first sign that weight is beginning to shift :)
Weather is miserable today, but I don't care!!! hehe we can hold off summer until end of August so I can wear all my nice summery clothes in a size 12 :D

I'm really enjoying reading this thread Tillyfloss. I find these forums very motivational and everyone is so friendly and helpful. My diary would be very boring I'm afraid if I was to do one, but I must admit I'm addicted to coming in from work and signing straight in, I trawl through all the CD threads, it stops me eating and if we're wavering......all these lovely people step in keep us on the straight and narrow!!! Wonderful!! xxx

Hi furrysmudge, Im the same as you, well sort of, not doing the diet at the moment fell of the wagon a few days ago and obviously the weekend is fully booked so no point even trying. But I am going to really try hard to start again on Tuesday next week and by reading the threads like you most eveninings helps motivate me and hopefully I will succeed this time. You are doing so well and you tillyfloss xx :wave_cry:

Thank you everyone :)
Well today I am feeling very sorry for myself!
Last night when doing some tabk maintenence (I have a marine reef tank) I lifted a bucket and pulled some ligaments...
This is an old injury and the pain instantly made me sick :( I then proceeded to almost have a panic attack.. was so blooming awful.
Immediately doesd my self with voltarol, and went to bed.
The night was awful and this mornign when I got up for a wee, the pain was horrendous... I called my other half just as I fainted :(

However.... I am a strong believer in staying still makes back pain worse so I had arranged to meet someone about 30 miles from me to swap some corals for our tanks. I had no way of getting hold of him to cancel so the kids were bundled int he car, I couldnt risk driving so otherhalf drove and I have just got back....
Because of the meds I have had to force water in this morning and am just having my first warm strawberry shake...
Have had no compulsion to over eat etc... am just feeling very sorry for myself...
Hope everyone is having a really good day so far

x

Thanks Moon Cat
Feel a bit less drug woozy now... not sure if the meds hit me harder due to lack of food but I really was spaced out for a while.
Have had 2 litres of water so far today so still managing the fluids and am just about to go top up.
Might have another go at some mousse but the last 2 I had, both came out really rubbish.

Hope you will soon be pain free and well done for not just reaching for food as comfort - think I would have done!!

Tilly Im amazed at you! Youve really shown determination here. If I had injured myself Id use it totally as an excuse to "comfort eat". Youve done amazingly well showing restraint. Well done x

Back