Extra Easy Time for Mark to lose the belly

railto

Hi folks,

As you can guess from the title, my name is Mark and I really need to lose some weight.

I just signed up with SW today on Extra Easy and I'm looking forwards to getting fully into the plan and reclaiming my life a bit.

I'm 32, married and have 2 beautiful kids that are 3 and 1. In my day job I'm a computer programmer and work from home. That last bit is a massive issue for me, working from home has made me really lazy to the point that I get next to no exercise and my stomach shows this.

I had my first weigh in today at 18st 3lbs and have set myself a target of 14st. I know with my height (5'10") that I would still have an overweight BMI, but I decided to target an even 14 for now in the hope that I can actually hit it and not lose hope before hand.

I can't promise my updates will be interesting, but going to give running a diary a try, at this point I want to try anything that might help.

Hi Mark :)

In my experience writing everything down does help, it makes you feel more accountable for what goes in your mouth and I don't know about you but without it I have a tendency to forget things I've eaten and be like "Oh it's ok, I only had a couple of biscuits" when I actually had 6, y'know?

Good luck!

He Mark.... that's an awesome name you have there but I'm biased as it's my hubby's middle name and my grandson's name :D Wishing to well on your journey... I suggest you hop round some diaries to get some inspiration... most people like myself put a link to theirs in their signature line :)

Hi Mark, I've not long been doing slimming world myself but wanted to wish you good luck! Once you've got a couple of weeks under your belt it becomes second nature to follow the plan and you will be seeing the pounds fall away too which makes it even easier to stick with it.
Writing down definitely helps keep me on track.
Look forward to following your journey.

Claire x

How is it going so far mark?

Back