Time to change but need help!

bluehere

Hi guys, it's the start of a pretty significant weight loss journey for me - I'm so fed up with being unhappy about how I look and feeling desperate every time I have an event to attend or a works do to go to..and have nothing the wear that I look ok in (see...not even look good in...I'd settle for ok right now!).

I'm going to start a diary but I know from previous experience I really really need support and encouragement (and also I get momentum from supporting and encouraging others) so if you could possibly help me by posting and being there, I will do my best to do that same for others :)

I haven't even got on the scales in months. I must be around 220-230lbs...guessing from which clothes fit and which don't... 3 years ago, I went from 240lbs to 180lbs and felt fantastic so I know its possible but then I broke a bone in my foot and was unable to exercise until it healed 18 months later, plus some family crises...and straight back on the food again!

I'll start a diary but would be so so so grateful for any support. If I don't do something now whilst I have the motivation and energy, I am just going to spiral downwards and get to a point where I can't see that I can do anything.

All the best with your journey, by signing up here you've took the first step.

good luck, I will be watching your progress.

John

Good luck with your journey. Changes can be made. I've already lost 4st with slimming world. Change can be slow but worth it in the long run. I was the same as you. Nothing looks good in size 22. 16 looks better and I can't wait to be in even smaller sizes! Xx

Thanks guys - really appreciate the support. I started a diary and its really helping to keep me motivated and on the straight and narrow. I've lost 4 lbs so far in the last 10 days! Cobby - you are absolutely right, nothing looks good on size 20...any clothes just fall into the "best I can do at the moment.." catagory. I can't wait to get out some of my old size 18s, size 16s, size 14s...from storage - it will feel so great!

Hi there :) Can definitely relate to wanting to keep the momentum up ... I'm on here for a similar reason. On my own it's maybe a little too easy to just have a night off from the plan, or to give myself a break when something lousy comes up in life. This time I want to commit to doing things differently - so this mutual support and encouragement seems like a really good place to start.

Hope the diary's helping :)

Back