Time to change but need help!

Hi Blue,

Had to subscribe to your thread! I love how in the zone you are, it's very inspiring... (also the hopeless romantic in me can't wait to see how things pan out with this chap in your office!! haha.)

Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey & remember how good it feels to see those numbers going down on the scales... and keep going!

xx

Welcome Cutie.Paootie and great name!!

Phew. I had thought the few readers that I have of my diary might be getting fed up of my guy-ramblings!! Got to find motivation where you can! It's so lovely to have people popping in and I'm sorry that I havent' been as good at subscribing to other people's diaries - I'm still trying to find my way round the site and have just discovered the subscription screen under my profile...that will make it easier!!

Just had to come back on and post tonight because I am SO excited. Just for fun I tried on two suits that were way too small for me before Christmas (...I'm currently in M&S UK size 20 as they cut a bit more generously...having grown out of Next size 18...the Next size 20 (these tend to be a slimmer fit recently) and I started this diet before Christmas when I realised with horror that the M&S suits were starting to get tight...). And OMG they fit!! I am back in Next size 20 slim fit (you can tell the cut is so much more fashionable and flattering...). Suddenly I now have 5-6 suits I can wear rather than 3!!

Plus I then put on one of my pairs of Next size 18 trousers and could get them on and do them up! They were a little too tight to be comfortable for the office but hey, it won't be long!! I also tried on one of my favorite office shirts that hasn't fit for ages (these are made of rough silk and look amazing as I have one in bright red, one in bright blue and one in bright green - stunning with a black, navy or grey suit) - it was slightly too tight on the waist but I reakon in 2 weeks will fit perfectly. HOOORAH!!!!!!

This feels SO MUCH BETTER than eating chocolate or a big huge meal. SO MUCH BETTER. I am so happy right now. It has been a major stress not having enough smart clothes for work, particularly after relocating to a major office from a regional one (everyone is so much smarter in this new office).

The irony is that although I look a lot better in slimmer clothes, the thing that makes ALL the difference is how much better I feel about myself - I will bounce around the office, happy, smiling, in short, my MOJO is RATTLIN' !!

Getting into clothes that didn't fit is the best feeling in the whole world :)
Well done you

Blue! Congratulations!!! I know the feeling, it feels incredible when you can get into your old clothes!! It happened to me on Thursday morning when i was getting ready to go to work, i was able to fit my jeans comfortably (the same ones that the day before i could put on but barely move with). Keep it up!!! and hopefully there's a new development with guy soon!

Well done!! You are doing amazing and it's so good when you get a few non scale victories to keep you motivated along the way!! X

woo hoo... Well done. ..You can't beat the feeling of dropping sizes :-D

Awww well done you!! That's great news

I love that feeling when you fit into something that looked impossible a few weeks earlier! Sometimes that spurs me on more than seeing the numbers go down on the scales! xxx

Last edited:
Hello!

Thanks fir the lovely messages! I feel very cheered on!

Good day yesterday food wise:
Toasted bagel - 240 cals
100g of low fat ham - 200 cals
Toasted tea cake - 160 cals
4 cups of tea - 40 cals
1 small slice of quiche on the train - 250 cals (could have been chocolate or crisps...)
1 pack of prawns - 130 cals
Cauliflower cheese - 320 cals
Total - 1350 cals

And I walked a load with 3 really heavy bags - it was like a gym workout for 30 mins!!

Am about to hop on the scales but not expecting much as a) was 232 lbs yesterday before leaving home and b) back to the flat scales that add weight on! They are cheaper than the ones at home though - wish I vould recalibrate them or have both side to side once to compare exactly the difference so I know!

Seeing guy today! Got to go talk to him about some serious work stuff but if he's in a smiley "connecting" mood I might work up the guts to ask him (who am I kidding lol... I'll bottle out!!!).

Good luck for weigh in. ... and if you pluck up the courage ;-) x

I'm such a numpty. Perfect opportunity and I didn't take it. Even went round to his office an hour later to just say it (with no other reason for going round there i.e no way back!!) but I'd missed him going home at some point in between.

Kicking myself. I have do it now though. I know I will. He was so smiley and talkative tonight with me as well. I was worried about something work wise to do with his client and he told me not to worry about it at all and said "awwww your pale little face when you came through my office door" with this little smile on his face. I am a gutless wonder.

Well that's done it. Finally decided I'm not going to have the guts to ask him face to face so sent him a text. Eek. No response yet. We'll see tomorrow or I'll be faced with at least a month of hiding under my desk and not being able to look him in the eye

oooh....exciting. .. I can't wait to hear his response, I have everything crossed that it's a yes x

oh god. he hasn't replied. And he walked past my desk today (I daren't look up - so embarrassed).

All good on the food front though - under 1300 cals each day this week.

Now 234 on the scales in the work flat so should be less on the ones at home - think there's at least 2-4lbs difference.

As for guy, I guess he now knows and the ball's in his court. I'm less distracted at work though and not tempted to go round to his office and see him AT ALL!! Feel like it's out of my hands - he'll either want to go out, want to go out but feel he can't or not want to go! Or just not have read the text (which might not be such a bad thing!!).

Excellent news with your food and weight hun :)

If he doesn't make a move then it's his loss! You're very brave making the first move, most girls would wait and wait for the fella. You should be proud of yourself taking the plunge :)

Hope he has texted you back x

Back