Time to change but need help!

Ok!
So feeling less achy than I thought I would be today - toying with the idea of getting up early tomorrow and trying a run outdoors..:depending on the weather lol!

Food today:
1.5 slices of beef (yes the flat was empty of food!!) - 60 cals
3 cups of tea - 30 cals
Bowl of lamb and veg broth and small brown roll (no idea but it was a small tub - can't see it being more than 350 cals)
Pack of prawns (130 cals)
Slice of cheese (100 cals)
Venison steak (220 cals - love this stuff it's so lean you can eat piles of it!)

Total - 890

Seems a bit low so I might eat so veggies or sone thing to get to 1000 cals. I did overdo it a bit on Sunday though - picked grilled chicken rather than any roast meat or gravy at the carvery but did load up on veg and a few roast potatoes and a Yorkshire pud - must have been 1000 cals but then again only ate a croissant for brekkie so over all probably still under 1500 for the day.

I usually see slow weight loss for 2 weeks (like the weeks before are catching up with me...time lag of whatever I've been eating) then it starts to drop off so expecting the worm to turn sometime in the next week.

What is interesting though is that I've totally switched off of food from a snacking point - I just don't even think about it during the day any more (before every hour I'd feel like stuffing something into my mouth as I suffered from sugar highs and lows). Plus now I don't fuss if I'm hungry - I just tell my body to wait. I could even go to bed hungry and go to sleep - it just doesn't have the same control over me that it used to.

The other nice thing is that I have no craving for anything sugary at all. Not even fancied chocolate for weeks (and I was a right chocoholic!).

Only saw guy a couple of times today - no interaction despite him walking past my desk but after spending an hour with him in a meeting on Friday (when he looked super hot in dress down clothes), I'm taking a step back. Going to another meeting with him on weds and have got to be super professional and articulate so that's taking up my focus for the time being. Which is probably quite healthy professionally. If he likes me, he'll do what he did last time - make a move to tell me in a social situation of his choice after a few drinks. Obviously not going to happen round the office. In fact I could almost do with not seeing him for a few months and then losing some real noticeable weight!

I'd definitely recommend it - you can get free podcasts to download onto a phone or MP3 player that plays music but then tells you to walk or run - it builds up really nicely over a few weeks and before you know it, you've run for 12 mins without stopping and feel SUCH a sense of achievement. From then on you just build it up and it flows really easily.

Hey Blue! New to your diary and let me tell you i'm super impressed with your progress!! Congrats on the weight loss and good idea about the love interest! My motivation wasn't a guy (i think at this point where i'm at it's not really appealing for anyone) it was just me and being annoyed with the way i look! Keep it up! Greetings from Chile :D

Hey Pati
Thanks for stopping by! I checked out your diary too! Thanks for the congrats - I'm feeling good!!

So another good day today...
Food wise -
Toasted bagel - 230 cals
Chicken and sweet corn soup and small brown roll - 350 cals (again small portion probably same as half a can or less)
2 teas - 20 cals
1 skinny latte - 75 cals
Yo sushi - 560 cals (their menu makes it so easy to keep the calories down!)

Total - 1285

Down to 237 on the new scales in my flat which were at least 4 lb heavier than the ones at home - so reakon I have lost another couple of lb as I was more on these last time.

Big meeting with guy tomorrow - wish me luck!!

So another good day today...
Food wise -
Toasted bagel - 230 cals
Chicken and sweet corn soup and small brown roll - 350 cals (again small portion probably same as half a can or less)
2 teas - 20 cals
1 skinny latte - 75 cals
Yo sushi - 560 cals (their menu makes it so easy to keep the calories down!)

Total - 1285

Down to 237 on the new scales in my flat which were at least 4 lb heavier than the ones at home - so reakon I have lost another couple of lb as I was more on these last time.

Big meeting with guy tomorrow - wish me luck!!

Good for you!! and good luck tomorrow! :D

Dying to know how your big meeting went!! You are doing so well..Totally in the zone!!x

Aww thanks for asking. Big meeting went really well. Client and guy seemed impressed and will be lots more work coming out of it. 3 hours in his company...bit too much - frazzled my brain but I was professional and really knew my stuff so I'm pleased. I think it will lead to other work with him too - having seen how I deal with his clients, I think he'll ask me to get involved more often. He looked really hot in a smart suit and tie...sigh..

I won't see him much over the next 2 weeks - I'm up north whilst he is down south and vice versa. Not too upset about this - chance to lose some more weight and come back looking great.

Food today was goodish:
Toasted bagel - 230 cals
Slice of cheese - 100 cals
Sandwich - 340 cals
4 cups of tea - 40 cals
Pack of prawns - 130 cals
Bread - 200 cals
1040 in total

But then went out for a drink with a friend...
3 bottles of beer (oops) - probably 750 cals?

Had to slip up one day!! Nice to get a bit drunk though.

238lbs on the scales tonight despite being full of food and drink so interested to see what the figure is tomorrow am...especially given these scales are the ones that add on 3-4lbd more than the ones at home.

Nunight and hope you all had a great day!

Go girl!! Sounds like you were on fire!! That's good you've got a couple of weeks to yourself now. You can do a lot in two weeks! Especially at the rate you are going xx

Hey everyone!

so big news is that I'm down to 234lbs! Given I started at somewhere between 241-244lbs, that's at least half a stone but probably more as I didn't want to admit just how heavy I was to start with!

Clothes are starting to feel looser and I'm bulging less over the top of my jeans so really really happy. My issue has always been that my face doesn't put on that much weight so I look in the small mirror and still feel pretty but squeeze into clothes and don't!

That said, I haven't had the most successful two days - probably ate closer to 1500 cals yesterday and today have had:
bread roll for breakfast (200 cals)
weightwatchers meal for lunch (288 cals)
Large chicken breast and potato gratin for dinner (600 cals)
4 biscuits (150 cals) - this is why I don't keep this stuff in my flat in London!

I've had my 2nd teeth whitening treatment today and am so pleased with how they look. No tea for 2 days is going to near kill me though!

so I've been thinking a lot over the last few days about what happened with guy before Christmas and why he hasn't made any move since. There could be a couple of reasons...

I actually thought he was married (he talked about his kid) when we went out as part of the group which is why I wasn't more responsive when he very gently came onto me (I have to emphasise how out of character it was for him to say what he said - he's a very professional person at work with clear boundaries which is why it took me by such surprise). I hadn't realised he was divorced and single or I would have taken him a lot more seriously and not just thought he was being a charmer.

Secondly I have an awful feeling that I picked the wrong words just before he walked off (without saying goodbye) he told me again about the effect I had on him and I replied "you're not the only one" meaning it was mutual - as in I felt the same....but thinking about his response - he laughed wryly and walked off...maybe he thought I meant men told me that all the time! Now putting aside that he is supremely confident at work, he is older than me and quite stocky, so not necessarily someone that women throw themselves at all the time. So maybe he isn't that confident in thinking of course she fancies me back...and is now embarrassed that he came onto me without me being very forthcoming in response. If I went around telling people that he'd tried to ask me out, it would be disastrous for him at work.

it wasn't just the compliments he gave me - we'd spent the whole evening in really intense debate about all sorts of intellectual topics and books and stuff and he kept saying things like "wow you are amazing, I never thought you'd be so interesting to talk to" and "I am just loving this conversation we are having - it's incredible". So there was a real connection.

So I'd like to ask him out for drinks or dinner but I can't ever seem to turn the discussion at work from work to personal. The irony is he'd probably say yes, unless it was a no on the grounds of it's too improper for a work perspective - in which case I wouldn't feel too embarrassed but I just can't bring myself to take this risk!

Sorry this has been more guy-ramblings than weight loss.

Firstly, well done on your loss. ...

Secondly, if there's one thing that life has taught me it is to take a risk. ... Go ask him of he fancies going out for a drink. ... from what you've said it's very likely that he'll say yes. .... and if for some crazy reason he doesn't you have lost nothing.

Don't sit around waiting for something profound to happen without you being the catalyst. ... Trust me, I spent years in a bad relationship because I was too scared to make a change. ...a year ago I finally had the balls to end it and its the best thing I ever did!

If/when I find a guy I'm interested in I won't be sitting around waiting for him to make the first move. ... These days it's so difficult for people to know if you're available/interested you practically need to wave a big sign around! !!

He's probably thinking about how he could possibly make a move with you, thinking that you're not interested and worrying that he's made a fool of himself. ... The last thing you want is for him to give up before you even give each other a chance. .....

Why don't you just email him and say that you really enjoyed your chat and ask him if he wants to catch up for a couple of drinks one night. Nice and casual and not as awkward as having the actual discussion lol! I would agree that you should just go for it x

Thanks for the responses guys.

Becky - I can see where you are coming from - if you want things to change you got to do it yourself and well done for having the courage to get yourself out of a terrible situation. The risk for me I guess is embarassment - he's quite senior in my firm and whilst I know he wouldn't tell anyone, I'd know I said it and he turned me down!!

Burstingattheseams - I'd love to just email him...but his secretary runs his inbox and diary so, although she thinks I'm great, that would be a disaster!! In fact my secretary accesses my emails too! I am connected on LinkedIn with him but not sure how often he checks it and if it's anything like my LinkedIn, it sends you an email with the message in it! We have a firmwide instant messenging system which would work great but he never logs into it.

I could text him I guess but after he walked off on that night I sent him a quick text saying j hope he gets home ok and he never replied.

IF I can get over the embarassment factor, I'd rather see and gauge his reaction (if he breaks into a grin I know I've got him).

Still on the straight and narrow food wise - hoping for 232 tomorrow...as I was 234.1 yesterday...

Ah! Email would be a problem!!
I have to stop reading your diary - I dreamt last night that I kissed someone at my work hahahahah! ! Totally vivid dream and woke up next to my HUSBAND all flustered!!! The man in question is gay and there are no underlying attractions either way so I'm blaming you!!xx

I would rather do it face to face. ... At least then you know his reaction!

Good luck for your weigh in xx

Ah! Email would be a problem!!
I have to stop reading your diary - I dreamt last night that I kissed someone at my work hahahahah! ! Totally vivid dream and woke up next to my HUSBAND all flustered!!! The man in question is gay and there are no underlying attractions either way so I'm blaming you!!xx
LOL so sorry!!! Yeah probably is a product of reading my diary.. Leave the work kissing to me ok?!!

Becky I agree - if I actually managed to get the courage to say to his face I'd know from whether he smiled and his eyes went twinkly as to whether he wanted to, even if his answer was no, from a professional perspective we can't.

Just a quick post cos I'm really excited! I hopped on the scales this morning after breakfast and a quick cup of tea and was shocked to find I was firmly 232lbs!!!! WOOHOOO!! That's like 9-10lbs or more down since the 23rd Dec. I'm so pleased!

I usually weigh in first thing before eating or drinki anything so super happy and hopeful that the downward journey will continue over the next few days!

Back