Time to come back to what i know...dukaning again!

tryin again

So here i am back to starting dukan. I have lost count of how many diets i have tried and failed, how many times i have lost weight and gained it again and how many times i've ended coming back to dukan. It seems however that dukan is the only thing that works for me. Unfortunately just the thought of chicken by the bucketful is making me feel queezy and i haven't even had my first meal yet.:eek:

As i say i've done this alot, i've also guided some family and friends through it who also now swear by dukan so i know what i'm doing. It should be easy right? The problem is i have such a toxic relationship with food. I turn to food in every stressful situation...and there have been plenty recently. Food is my friend, my support, my companion, my way of blocking out emotion. But today i've decided i've had enough. I'm ending the relationship and moving on without it, ha! Take that food lol.:p

My life is hectic, i'm a 42 year old single mum of two teenage boys and i've just started a nursing degree. I'm busier than ever before and am dealing with some tough issues at home at the moment, however being overweight again makes me miserable and affects my confidence so badly. Time to get things in order again. I am also following mi365 which is really helping with my mindset and positive thinking.:)

So here goes...day 1! Oatbran pancake for breakfast, eggs, lowfat sausages and bacon for lunch and 100% beef burgers and fried eggs for dinner. Will probably make an egg custard also to stop me diving into the nutella and wine tonight. Now off to face the scales and the to set up a ticker and set myself some goals.

On a final note...where did everybody go? When i first started dukan this sight was so busy it was a job to keep up with all the posts. Looks like i'll be waffling away to just myself then...nothing new there lol. Did i mention i'd been single for 7 1/2 years?:oops:

Day 1 -2lbs

Thanks Elisheba, it's good to know i'm not completely talking to myself ha!

Day 1 no problems. The jar of nutella did call at one point but i pretended i couldn't hear it. Today i need to dig out my old recipies and get organised with meals plans and snacks etc. Back to uni tomorrow so need to make sure i'm well stocked with food. Difficult as i have no access to a fridge or microwave etc. Will be easier on a pv day but for now i'm planning to start with 4, possibly 5 pp days...don't want to get constipated!

Day 2 food will be gallette for breakfast...yesterdays was a bit of a disaster, too much yogurt! scrambled eggs,l/f sausages and bacon again for lunch and i will roast a chicken for dinner. I did the weekly food shop before deciding to start dukan so am trying to work with what i've got.

Day 2 - 1lb.
Day 3 - 2lb
So 5lb down after 3 days. Very happy with that. It's been a very stressful couple of days for me where i'd normally run to food. Am pleased that i've managed to stick with it as it really does get easier every day. Had my usual attack headache yesterday which wasn't great as i had a long day at uni but thankfully it's gone today.
Food yesterday was gallette, cold sausages and hard boiled eggs and a yogurt for lunch (got some funny looks at uni) and mince for dinner. Oh yes and i also had a whole pint of sugar free je;;y and then some quark mixed with an options sachet and sweetner.
Todyas plan is galette, cold chicken and ham and a yogurt for lunch. I have 2x hard boiled eggs for a snack, no one will thank me for that at uni and i will have the left over mince for dinner. Anyway... off for a day of lectures on the nervous system followed by mental health, no time to eat anyway!

Sounds good so far. Sometimes I struggle with a busy schedule and I don't have time to cook in advance.. or even plan what I will eat :)

Day 4 - 1 lb...6lb total so far. I love dukan!

I haven't really stuggled so far at all this time round on attack which is great! It's 5pm and i still haven't decided if i'm doing a 5th attack day or a pv day. Have had my galette for breakfast and as there was hardly anything in the fridge i had a mushroom omelette for lunch (i often have a couple of mushrooms on a pp day). I do fancy some veg for dinner though now i think about it. I'm nipping to the shops in a min so will see what takes my fancy!

Mushroom omelette sounds yumm!
Mushrooms are full of protein and beneficial. I'm glad the diet goes well for you.
Last night I had to make Dukan Nutella because I was craving chocolate but today I feel better: no more cravings.

I am still getting cravings in the evenings too. I either have quark with options chocolate powder or sugar free jelly. It was tough walking past all the sweets and chocolate when i went food shopping today though!!!
Day 5 - 1 lb... 7lbs in 5 days, really really pleased with that and i havne't really struggled at all yet. I decided to make yesterday a pv day and had salmon and vegetables for dinner. Back to pp today and iv'e had my galette for breakfast and another omelette for lunch. Dinner tonight will be burgers and eggs again as i need to use the burgers up today!. Another really busy day for me, trying to study in between rescuing the trampoline and various other items from blowing away in this wind. It's pretty strong. I have parents evening this evening and am really not looking forward to driving in this weather. Anyway, back to the books for me, here's to another successful dukan day x

Day 6 -1lb then day 7 +lb (after pv). So i finished week one on -7lb's :winner:. Very pleased with that and very proud of myself for sticking to it 100% for a whole week :0clapper:. Yesterday and last night i had alot of sugar cravings but i'm just trying to ignore them in the hope that they get less as time goes on. I have a very big sugar addiction where once i start eating it i can't stop. It makes me feel so ill too...lethargic, headachy and upsets my stomach. That's why i always feel so well on dukan i think because it's the only diet where i completely stop the sugar. I've definitely been feeling better this week.
So i'm off to update my ticker and sign off some goals! Feeling very motivated right now so here's to another good week :woohoo:.

Week 2 day 1 sts.
Now comes the hard bit for me, not seeing the scales drop daily often dwindles my motivation:eatdrink051:. I'm feeling good at the moment though... even though i'm dealing with some really hard issues at home, i'm not reaching for food to help me cope. It's a beautiful day here, i can see blue sky over the fields through my window while i'm typing in bed...yes i'm still in bed, but it's Sunday! I have lots of uni work that i need to get through today but i'm also going to make a roast for me and my boys (No yorkshires and roast bns for me instead of potatoes) and i'm hoping to go on a nice long dog walk to, to blow away those cobwebs. PV day for me so usual breakfast (I love my pancake!), prawn salad for lunch and then my roast. Happy Sunday! :stickdance:

Quick weight update after a very hard and stressful few days.
Week 2 day 2 sts
Week 2 day 3 -1lb
Week 2 day 4 - 1lb
Week 2 day 5 + 1lb
Slow going this week so far but no for want of trying. I am doing all the right things food wise, probably not drinking nearly enough and have not been exercising though due to life having spiraled completely out of control lately. I am however doing my best and am pleased that at such a stressful time i have been able to stick to the right food. Have to say that i have meat fatigue already though! On a pp day i just don't fancy anything at all as my usual go to meals are making me feel sick thinking of them. I need to come up with some more.
Tonight i am having an indian takeaway though which i promised my children as a treat. I will make it as dukan friendly as possible, possibly chicken tikka and then a vegetable something or another!

Week 2 Day 6 + 1lb :grumble:. I was very sensible with my Indian meal last night and just had chicken tikka, some spinach thing that was horrible so i didn't eat it, but i did have two small onion bahjees. Really not much food at all so i expect the gain is water retention from the salt and spices rather than actual fat. Still a very slow week weightloss wise for me though. Infact it's zero loss so far and the week ends tomorrow! On the other hand, if i hadn't been eating this way i would have gained weight this week so all's good :). Plan for the day is pp and lots of water!!!

Week 2 day 7 sts. Well that's annoying! :rant:I've gone from -2lbs midweek to not loosing anything this week. It's been a tough week for me though so i'm proud that i've stuck with it even if it's not reflected on the scales this morning :0clapper:. As a veteran dieter (years and years and very long years), i also know how my weight can fluctuate from one day to the next with no reason... maybe water retention, constipation,etc so i'm not detered. I feel slimmer and have so much more energy.

So on to week 3, def need to spice things up a bit on the food front so i don't get bored. Would like to add in more exercise but will not beat myself up fit doesn't happen as i have a lot going on and very little time to myself at the moment. Fingers crossed i see a good los:scale:s next week!

Week 3 day 1 sts :banghead:. This is becoming frustrating! I have had a really upeset stomach for the last 2 days also, not feeling great today. Yesterdays food was half pp day and half pv as i couldn't decide. Galette for breakfast, scrambled egg and bacon for lunch then steak, asparagus and mushrooms for dinner and quark with options chocolate later on. I am definitely not drinking enough so will aim to up the water today. PV day today, galette, prawn salad then roast chicken and veg. Just keep going, just keep going...:innocent0001:

I said i would never do Dukan again but here i am about to start again! Yes it has come to this... I am at my heaviest weight EVER and it is really starting to get me down. Dukan is the only diet that actually works for me... when i stick to it so needs must, and i know i feel better for being on it after that first week.
By the looks of things there is hardly anyone... if anyone on this forum snymore so i may well be babbling along to myself... no change there then lol.
Right i'm off to update my ticker and starts etc and to make a first week food plan ready to start tomorrow. Here we go!

Hey! Sounds like youre doing good so far. I started dukan when i was 20 and lived on it for about 5 years - a routine of dukaning in the week and go out at weekends and it really worked for me. I love the strickness of it, and its the only diet Ive tried that you get a noticably flatter stomach in a week and generally feelinv less bloated.

But now im approaching 29 i feel its so hard to stick to, i cant get below 12 stone and i know i could on the dukan diet, i just have no will power or motivation or imagination for this diet these days. And theres not much online with tips and tricks. How do you do it?

Also had no idea you coukd have sausages, which ones do you have?

Hey! There is someone out there. The posts you have been reading are from last year but i decided to start again as it does work well for me when i stick to it. Today was my first day. I followed the original plan back in the day but made a few tweaks here and there and found out what worked for me etc. Sausages was one of them! I always use whatever i can find that is low fat as usually higher meat content and also has to be gluten free as i am gluten intolerant.
So day 1 today... Galette pancake for breakfast (my favourite part of Dukan:D). Lunch was low fat sausages, bacon and scrambled egg. Dinner was mince and onions... a massive bowl of it! Also had some sugar free jelly. Surprising how i've not felt hungry even on my first day. Really hoping that i get a good initial loss in the first few days to spur me on. Have tried to drink plenty but probably not enough so will need to work on that. Day 1 done... so far so good xx

Whoop hi all. I just started dukan today. I used to come here a few yrs ago maybe 2011 (yikes). Anyway lost over a stone on Dukan and was doing well then decided to get a contraceptive coil. Big bad move. Despite staying on Dukan I put on 2 stone in 2 years. I could not shift it no matter what. So got rid of the coil and sts till I did the 800cal diet 2 yrs ago. Lost a stone on that and haven't lost any more since. I'm looking to lose 3-4 stone now . I know Dukan works it did before. I can't find my book. I'll look one more time then order another if it's still gone.
I'm a housekeeper of a 20 bed lodge s let out weekly, I'm the only one who cleans it so I get plenty exercise. I also don't drive and live 4 miles from work with only the school bus as transport. So I walk a lot too.
I'm 48 (49 in October ) I want to be slim ehen I'm 50! I'm married with 3 kids 23,19 & 13, so just one left at home.
Hope every one hangs around to chat a bit.
Xxx C xxx

Back