Time to fight the flab!!!

Plz help me!!!

I experienced my first Atkins bar yesterday and liked it:/ I'm scared my sweet tooth is going to get the better of me and keep buying them, does anyone know any alternatives I can make similar texture to the bars! Chewy xxx

Cocoa bark is a great chocolate substitute and very rich so you don't eat too much. Not chewy but fills a sweet tooth. I really recommend you just don't buy any more bars if you think they'll end up being a problem for you. They're horrible stallers made with horrible chemicals and you don't need them in your life xx

Tesco sell groovy coconut oil. I get mine in holland and Barrett, huge tub and its half price at the moment x

Really enjoying this new eating lifestyle, I love waking up every morning and knowing I losing the weight, I think mine will be a slow journey though, any tips on better weight loss???

What makes you think it will be slow? You're about 3 weeks in now, right? It takes about 6 weeks for you to settle into a pattern of loss.

For most people, 2lbs per week is the average they can expect. Atkins is rarely linear so most of us lose 1lb one week and 3lb the next, or sts and then lose 4lb in a week etc.

2lb per week is what you want to aim for - an average of just over half a stone per month. When I add it up I am just about exactly on the average and so is nearly everyone who stays completely on plan and whose weight I follow. Now and then there will be a bad or great week for no reason other than the body being strange and mysterious.

For the best weight loss, follow the book exactly as instructed.

Eat non-processed, whole cuts of fresh meat.
Eat 15g carbs worth of daily veggies - only one induction approved ones.
Keep cheese to under 90g per day
Keep cream to under 2 tbsp per day
Eat plenty of good oils and butter in your cooking

You really can't improve on doing that. Any other options are temporary ones people might use to break, say, a 4 week stall. Doing them at other times can actually mess up how you lose normally so it's just not a good idea.

Weigh weekly not daily and on slow weeks remember you're heading for a monthly average.

And stay perfectly on plan! That's really the only trick to losing!

moonlights said:
What makes you think it will be slow? You're about 3 weeks in now, right? It takes about 6 weeks for you to settle into a pattern of loss.

For most people, 2lbs per week is the average they can expect. Atkins is rarely linear so most of us lose 1lb one week and 3lb the next, or sts and then lose 4lb in a week etc.

2lb per week is what you want to aim for - an average of just over half a stone per month. When I add it up I am just about exactly on the average and so is nearly everyone who stays completely on plan and whose weight I follow. Now and then there will be a bad or great week for no reason other than the body being strange and mysterious.

For the best weight loss, follow the book exactly as instructed.

Eat non-processed, whole cuts of fresh meat.
Eat 15g carbs worth of daily veggies - only one induction approved ones.
Keep cheese to under 90g per day
Keep cream to under 2 tbsp per day
Eat plenty of good oils and butter in your cooking

You really can't improve on doing that. Any other options are temporary ones people might use to break, say, a 4 week stall. Doing them at other times can actually mess up how you lose normally so it's just not a good idea.

Weigh weekly not daily and on slow weeks remember you're heading for a monthly average.

And stay perfectly on plan! That's really the only trick to losing!

Why are you so good at this!!!! Thankyou xxx

Because I'm a neurotic wreck who constantly has to reassure herself ;) I only tell other people the same things I tell myself to keep me going.

Feeling really down today:( think TOTM is approaching! And it's hitting me hard, hoping for a good loss this week to lift my spirits:(

Feel better soon hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Asda Is crap!! They don't sell coconut oil, julienne peeler and only one kind of unsweetened cocoa powder which is not very nice!! Wish I had a tescos close they are so much better

I have not been able to write new threads for a week!! Don't know what happened! I have not been able to eat much for two days, don't feel sick just didn't want to eat at all.....

Today I visited the dentist after 2 years and was very upset to be told I have gum disease:( I thought I looked after my teeth but obviously not! It is really upsetting me, I've got another appointment tomorrow for a deep clean meaning a lot of prodding and scraping in my poor gums, I'm so scared because the last time I had it done it was ridiculously painful:(

Ugh I have the same thing next Wednesday. I loathe the hygienist. Good luck, at least it will be over soon.

It's my wedding anniversary of 4 years today and am planning on going for a meal tonight at a Chinese restaurant, what would be the best meal for me to have?? I dont mind going abit off plan for tonight but don't want to come out of ketosis, any suggestions??

Morning hun! I'm not sure about the Chinese I'm sure someone will confirm this wen there online, just wanted to wish you both a happy anniversary! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back