Time to lose weight!

blubex

Gold Member
After returning from holiday I have looked through the pictures and reaslised just how much weight I have gained over the last few years....time to lose it now I think!

I have done slimming world in the past so have decided to give it another go.

I am going to update my diary on here to try and help motivate me so here goes:

Tuesday

Green day:

Breakfast:
Muesli (HEXB)
Milk (HEXA)

Lunch:
Healthy choice soup (HEXB)
3x rice cakes (4.5 syns)
Apple (free)

Dinner:
Pasta (free)
Arrabbiata sauce - homemade (free)

Snacks:
Pineapple Juice(3 syns)
1/2 can lager (4syns)

Syns for day : 11.5

Last edited:
Day 2

Wednesday

Green Day

Breakfast:
Muesli (HEXB)
Skimmed milk (HEXA)
Apple

Lunch:
Pasta with arabbiata sauce (0 syns)
Apple

Dinner:
Slimming world chips (0 syns)
2 x eggs (0syns)
Baked beans (0 syns)
Tinned fruit cocktail (HEXB)

Snack:
Low fat fruit yogurt (1.5 syns)

Total Syns for day: 1.5

I definitely prefer green days...must find some good red day ideas!!!

Hi Blubex, welcome to minimins! This is a fab forum and you'll get all the support you need! Are you going to class or doing it on your own?

Have a look through the other food diaries and recipes thread for ideas and tips. I do a bit of a mixture of all plans - my diary is 'sarah83's tasty food diary' - feel free to have a look for ideas and tips.

Where did you go on holiday?x

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply! Going it alone this time so thought This forum would help spur me on a bit!!!

I'm definitely going to look around for recipe ides when I get 5 minutes!!! Especially ideas for red days because I really struggle with those!!

We went to Cornwall for 10 days which was fantastic although a bit dangerous with all the ice creams and cream teas!!! I already knew before we went I needed to get back on track with a diet but the photo's really brought it home to me and gave me the kick up the backside that I need!!!

What have you found suits you best ? x

I love Cornwall, stayed in Looe for a week last summer and adored it! But I did manage to eat an ice cream everyday oops!

I'm also going it alone, too skint to afford the classes (plus don't need them with support on here)
I do a bit of a mix tbh. This week I've gone Extra Easy doing a fishy week (See Snuggle's thread in the main forum) and tbh I think EE suits me better as I eat less carbs and less cheese! So I think I'll stick to that for a while

Day 3

Thursday

Green day (again!!)

Breakfast:
Muesli (HEXB)
Skimmed milk (HEXA)
Apple

Lunch:
Pasta and Sauce (0 Syns)
Mini Mars bar (8syns :eek:)
Apple

Dinner:
Quorn Chilli with rice (free)
Fruit cocktail (HEXB)

Total Syns: 8

Can't wait to go shopping this week to get some more interesting choices!!! Was such a rush this week after holiday that I only got the basics...really regretting that now!!!

Last edited:
I never got my head around EE so will definately have a good look at that! Fingers crossed that I stick to it this time!!

I haven't been to Looe before. We were in Perranporth and stayed fairly local this time...camping in 30mph winds so a bit scared to venture too far in case we came back to an empty pitch!!!

Hi there. I have always been a green day person too till my weight loss started slowing down then I started to try and do a few more red days. There are loads of great ideas on here. I recently made the chicken cake which is fab! I made it twice in fact. I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast or poached smoked haddock and eggs. You do get lots of ideas on here. Prawn cocktail is a good one as well. x

I went camping last weekend - it's definately no fun in the rain! Glad you had a good time though. I've only been to Looe and Polperro, and stopped in Padstow before too. It's a beautiful part of the country, I grew up next to the sea so I'm always happy holidaying on the seaside! I'm going to Devon for the first time next month so looking forward to that.

Ditto Hazel - take a look at some of the recipes on here - there are some really imaginative ones. Like syn free pancakes, half syn roulade and KFC style chicken yum yum

Thanks for that Hazel - I am definately going to have a good look around the sight - I have the recipe books for red and green days so need to have a good look through them - unfortunately my husband is a really fussy eater so I'm quite often cooking for one or one and a half (my 3 year old!!) which is a bit of a nightmare!

Chicken cake sounds interesting though...

Friday

Hmm...today was going to be another green day but I have had a bit of a re-think about tonights dinner and I'm going to make it a Red Day and do some chicken instead of last nights left over chilli with a baked potato which I had planned.

I will freeze the left over chilli and use it for lunches next week!!!!

So now today is a Red Day!!

Breakfast
Muesli (HEXB)
Skimmed milk (HEXA)
Apple (0 syns)

Lunch
Prawn Salad (0 syns)
Light Mayo (1.5 syns)
Apple (0 syns)

Dinner
Chicken Breast (0 syns)
Prawns (0 syns)
New potatoes (HEXB)
Loads of Veg (0 syns)
Garlic (0 syns)

Snack
Banana
2 pieces fudge (5 syns)
Low fat yogurt (1.5 syns)
Orange

Syns for day: 8 :)

Shopping coming tonight so I can't start getting a bit more variety...I'm getting pretty bored of apples now but they are the only fresh fruit I had bought in my rushed shopping and on a mad morning finding 2 minutes to stop for muesli is a nightmare...I ended up having to :bliss:to drop my daughter off for nursery this morning so I didn't miss my lift to work....not good when I haven't run for years...

Last edited:
Saturday

Red Day

Breakfast:
Poached Eggs (0 syns)
2 slices nimble toast (HEXB)

Lunch
Prawn Cocktail (2.5 syns for the sauce)
Ice cream (8 syns)

Dinner
Chicken BLT on brown bread (HEB + 2.5 syns for mayo)
Popcorn (10 syns)

Total syns for day: 23 :eek:

I have totally blown my syns for today - I'm not going to beat myself up over it though as I am way below for the beginning of the week!!

I'm going to make sure I keep well below for the rest of the week and have my fingers crossed extra tight for weigh day!!!!

Sunday

Green Day

Breakfast
Muesli (HEXB)
Skimmed Milk (HEXA)
Melon (0 syns)

Lunch
Huge bowl of salad (0 syns)
Apple (0syns) :angel09:

Dinner
Baked potato (0syns)
Low fat cheese -only used half portion(HEXA)
Baked beans (0 syns)

Snack
3 Pagen wholegrain Krisprolls (HEXB)
Low fat cheese (other half of HEXA portion from dinner)
Fudge (10 syns)

Syns for day: 10

Last edited:
Hi Blubex, don't worry about going over. I tend to count my syns up as a weekly allowance and it works ok for me, why don't you try that? Will mean you don't feel so guilty about going over a bit x

I'm deffo going to do that. Thanks Sarah!!!

Monday

Green Day

Breakfast
2 alpen light cereal bars (HEXB)
Apple

Lunch
Big bowl of salad with pasta (0syns)
Low fat yogurt (1.5 syns)
Pear (0syns)

Dinner
Sweet chilli chicken noodles - Noodles (0), chicken (HEXB), sauce (4.5 syns)

Snack
Weight watchers oaty choc chip mini cookies (5syns)
Green & blacks miniature choc bar (4.5syns)

Syns for day: 15.5

Syns for week = 77.5/105

Last edited:
Tuesday

Red Day

Breakfast
Muesli (HEXB)
Skimmed milk (HEXA)
Apple (0syns)
Orange (0syns)

Lunch
Ham & egg salad (0syns)
Low fat Yogurt (1.5syns)

Dinner
Chicken breast with prawns (0syns)
Baked potato (HEXB)
Peas
Margarine (1.5 syns)
Sorbet (3 syns)

Snack
1 piece fudge (2.5syns)
Small piece choc (1.5syns)

Total syns for day: 10

Total syns for week: 10/105

Weighed in this morning...2pounds lost which is a good start! Need to keep up with it! I was way below on my syns total for the week so need to look at some ideas there. I tend to try and save my syns for sweet treats as I have a terrible sweet tooth but feel guilty if I have too much!!!

Been looking around at recipes too so am going to do KFC style chicken at the weekend and a cock-a-leekie soup too and boost my red days a bit!!!

Last edited:
Wow Becky congratulations on your 2lb loss, you must be really pleased!! Yes definately check out the recipes, the KFC chicken is delish, and there are quite a few variations on the thread...

Wow Becky congratulations on your 2lb loss, you must be really pleased!! Yes definately check out the recipes, the KFC chicken is delish, and there are quite a few variations on the thread...

Thanks Sarah, although my 2lbs seems tiny next to your 5!!!! Definately need to try the KFC chicken as our local one burnt down today!!!

Back