Timeframes for losing weight.

Purpleangel

Silver Member
I have 4 stone to lose. I am wondering what kind of timeframes people have given themselves. Mine is to get it off for October.

But i see others have given themselves longer?

whats your personal timeframe and whats considered reasonable.

i set mine going by the principle we lose 2lbs a week average.

I lost 7 stone in 13 mths following ww pp's didn't give myself a time frame just set goals like lose 7lbs in a mth etc

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I worked out that if I lost 2lb a week, and allowed myself to put on 12lb for birthday, anniversary and Christmas, I should hit goal around Feb next year. But I'm not setting that in stone, as I've never lasted more than 6 weeks on any diet. Once I get past 6 weeks, I'll look at how much I'm losing on average and go from there :)

I started last May and I didn't have a target date set, as long as it was going in the right direction I was happy. I now have estimated that I won't be at my target weight until May next year as I am averaging out at losing 1lb a week.

Sx

id like to be close ish to target by june .... started jan... wanna lose 3-4 stone

As long as Im loosing I don't care haha, each lb is a lb in the right direction.

Though saying that I want I want a decent chunk off for the end of this year so I can go to my uni interview feeling more confident.

As long as Im loosing I don't care haha, each lb is a lb in the right direction.

Though saying that I want I want a decent chunk off for the end of this year so I can go to my uni interview feeling more confident.

just to put you at ease a little i was 16stone and very unconfident when i had my interview - im graduating this year!!!

I set myself little goals, I started in January and wanted to be under 14 stone when I went away for a weekend the third week of Feb and I was (just!!). I've got weekends away in May and July so have set myself mini goals for then as well.

Mine's based on losing an average of two pounds a week as well :)

Good luck x

just to put you at ease a little i was 16stone and very unconfident when i had my interview - im graduating this year!!!

Im hoping to be about 14st - fingers crossed 13st by the time mine comes around, seems so far away!

Congratulations and good luck!

I'd like to shift 10stone in 12-18 months. Averaging out at around 2lbs a week then i think this could be possible.

I started mid October and set myself to lose 37.25lbs by my birthday (3rd May)..

Lost 25lbs so far with 7 weeks to go.. so if I lose 1.75lbs per week from now I'll do it. Good luck with ur journey x

Im hoping to lose 3 stone before my holiday 19yh june - so far ive lost 16lbs so another 1st 12lbs to go so 2lbs a week would hit it. I then want to lose a further 2stone by xmas and im finished :)

Back