Tina's Trials in SW land!!

Aww you'll be fine!! You're in the swing of it now, don't let one naughty(ish) day get you down! Think how great you'll feel taking control again!! Do you want to join my 'Kool 4 Skool' 8lb in 8 weeks challenge?! Starts Sunday and finishes week ending Sat 11th September!XXX It's just a bit of fun to help us stay focused!! I failed miserably on the last challenge!! LOL!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-sun-18th-july-sat-11th-sept.html#post2670569

Last edited:
ooh sounds good, I have got my holiday in the middle of it though!! LOL i'll roll over there and join up! thanks guys for being so supportive, I really appreciate it xx

food diary for wednesday

breakfast - 28g bran flakes (HB) with milk (HA)

lunch - jacket potato and spice sensation cous cous - 0.5 syn, ravishing ruby hi fi bar (HB)

mid afternoon - bag of french fries from multipack - 4 syns

tea - tomato and herb pasta and sauce - free, muller light

supper - alpen light bar - 3 syns

total syns - 7.5

Last edited:
food diary for today - red day

breakfast - 42g all bran (HB) and milk (HA)

lunch - fried egg sandwiches - eggs fried in fry light, 2 slices of bread - 9 syns

mid afternoon - made a bacon and red onion quiche - free

tea - chicken breast, 227g baking potato (HB) and gravy - made with oxo, free, carrots

hi everyone, ive been really poorly the last couple of days so havent been in any mood to eat properly or come on the computer. been ill since Friday night, came down with funny headache and being sick. Saturday I was still headachey and so exhausted, same on Sunday, but it was accompanied with a sore throat and runny nose. struggled to work yesterday, and SW last night, only for it to come on really bad halfway through image therapy. i lost half a lb anyway, which seeing as all ive eaten all weekend is bread (toast and cheese sandwiches) i didnt think was too bad, had convinced myself that i had put weight on. anyway, today it got too much for me, didnt go to work, went to the docs, officially got flu, if my temperature had been any higher dr said i would have had swine flu. on antibiotics, really got no appetite, all ive eaten today is tomato soup and bread again. hoping i perk up as im going away for a few days next week.

Ooh deary me Tina!! Sounds like you're really suffering!!! Hope you do perk up really soon! Well done you for actually getting to class and staying for image therapy! A lot of people wouldn't have bothered!! You look after yourself and try and feed yourself with things like chicken soup!! (Isn't that what we're supposed to eat when we're poorly?!! LOL!) Anyway, well done on that 1/2 lb!! I've updated!!XXXXX

thanks heather hun, i really didnt think i would lose anything, but still not really eating anything. im off work now until 2nd august so at least i can rest and get better. off to sunny (i hope!) blackpool next week for a few days (tuesday to thursday) so in for a few days of indulgence, you know the kind!! LOL x im not WI on the 2nd so will have a good 10 days before I go to SW again to get back on track x

well, im back from blackpool. hardly eaten anything as still a bit poorly. but good news is i lost 1.5lbs on monday, which was surprising considering all the bread and cheese i ate last week with being poorly. at least i am at not a sw on monday, so starting tomorrow got a good 10 days to get back on plan and lose what i have possibly put on over the last 2 days. mind you, have walked for england so that plus the fact that ive hardly eaten anything should be ok!!

Welcome back Tina!! Sorry to hear you haven't been at your best, but glad you enjoyed Blackpool!! Bet you had a scream! I've been there on a couple of hen weekends and had a blast! I have memories of walking across the main street on the seafront on my hands and knees dressed as a sheep (full costume) along with 30 other sheep and Little Bo Peep (the hen) herding us!! Haha!! Well done on the loss too, even though it may have been partly the unwellness that did it (don't want to take the credit away from you and your efforts!!) Hope you get back on track and eat lots of lovely healthy food and you'll complete that challenge before you know it!!XXXXX

thanks heather hun, i hope so!! can i just - PMPL - !!!!!!! How fantastic is that!! Bet you had a right scream!! Sounds brilliant!! I went with my hubby, had a wonderful time, spent lots of money and had a good laugh, just what we wanted, we didn't want to come home at the end of it xx

right, after still not eating anything till wednesday last week, and then getting my appetite back and eating everything under the sun, went to group last night and put 4lb on. was expecting it really, especially as we all went out on Saturday night, 2 of our group members (hubby and wife) celebrated their 25 years anniversary by renewing their vows. it was a great party!! im back to square one today so weight loss here i come next week!!!

todays diary - green day

breakfast - 1 x paw ridge porridge - HB and milk

mid morning - 1 x alpen light bar, banana, pear

lunch - jacket potato with beans - free, with 28g cheddar - HA
ww yogurt - free, banana

mid afternoon - 2 finger kitkat - 5.5 syns

tea - curry rice and chickpea dahl - free
bag of squares crisps -5 syns

evening - 1 alpen light bar, 1 fat free flump 1 syn

total syns - 11.5

Hi Tina, I've been away for 6 days in Spain, so just checkin in to say keep smiling and stay positive!! When you're poorly you're out of your routine and it's very difficult to eat the right things when you should! And it's proven that not eating enough doesn't do us any favours! I'm sure you'll have a good one next week! I just hope that you're feeling better- your health is the most important thing of all!! Lots of love HeatherXXXXX

hi everyone, well, I'm finally back. had a horrible 4 weeks, 2 funerals, work has been really tense and stressful, been ill, so dieting in a word has gone out the window. team that with having a new consultant who is as interesting as a wet dishcloth and you will see why I haven't been focussed or anything......... :(

Anyway, I'm back now, making Monday my new start. I feel so disappointed with myself as I had lost so much to start with, now it feels like Ive spent money for 2 years on nothing. Me and my sister are in the same boat, we have no confidence in our new consultant and are seriously considering moving to another group, if only to get ourselves back on track.

So, new target to be focussed on, with it being 15 weeks to christmas, even if i only lose 2lb per week, thats 30lb, thats 2stone 2, and with the 6lb i have lost already, that takes me back to where i was before all of the last 18 months happened.

So, new me, new target, 2lbs a week for 15 weeks. hope i will be disciplined enough to do this, i know ive done it before so theres nothing stopping me really. I will try and come here every day like I was doing before :)

Hi Tina, I hope you're OK hun!! Welcome back! The main thing (infact the ONLY thing that matters) is that you're here and ready to rock n roll!! Sorry to hear you've been having such a stressful time of it! You can do this! Lovely to see your profile pic by the way! Great to be able to put a face to a name!! You look lovely!!XXXXXX

Hi heather hun, thank you for the lovely welcome back! And thank you for saying I look lovely! Thought I should put my pic on here, let everyone see the real me :)

Hoping to get back into this on Monday, its gonna be tough after the last few weeks but I have to do this xx

lol well i've been back on it for the last week and things are definately looking up.

me and my sister finally left our group of 2 years (3 years for my sister) and are now going to a group on a Tuesday instead of a Monday. So, 1st weigh in is tomorrow with new people in a new location, am a bit scared but excited at the same time!!

its a while since i felt like this, it finally feels like a huge weight is off my shoulders. the consultant at our last group was new and really didnt know what she was doing, or how to motivate people. when you are spending £5 a week for a service you need to get that service, otherwise whats the point huh?

so this week i have been really good, followed the plan to the letter. fingers crossed for a good weight loss tomorrow! x

That sounds really promising Tina!! Well done for sticking to plan and feeling all motivated again! Good luck for your WI tonight!!!XXXXX

Back