Tina's Trials in SW land!!

food diary for today - red day

no breakfast

lunch - joes beefburgers, free, with cucumber, tomato and mushrooms - free. 1tbsp brown sauce 1 syn, 1 x soft white roll - 8 syns
2 bananas
muller light

mid afternoon - bag of crisps - 6.5 syns

5 scan bran - HB
cottage cheese - free

tea - new potatoes - HB, chicken wrapped in bacon - free, carrots and mushrooms - free
fruit salad of apple, melon, kiwi fruit, banana, topped with a muller light - free

weigh in tonight ................................... LOST 2.5 lb!!! YAY!!!

Well done honeypie!! That's fantastic news!! I lost 3lb so also delighted after a slowish few weeks!!XXXXX

thanks guys, well done heather on your loss, thats brilliant!!!

i have let things slip over the last couple of days, have to admit that i have not been very well. I suffer with depression, and it comes and goes, only this week it's come big style, have been off work 2 days, struggled in today, im now off till monday thank goodness. my trouble is, when im not very well, i eat to make me feel better. ive always done it, its my biggest downfall unfortunately. had a really rough couple of days, and eaten everything i shouldn't. i dont want to write down what i've had, it will only depress me further. tried to get back on track today....

anyway, food diary for today -

breakfast - choc orange hi fi bar (HB)
mid morning - ravishing ruby hi fi bar (HB) and banana

lunch - jacket potato with beans - free
muller light
banana

mid afternoon - pear
alpen light - 3 syns

tea - sw chips with fried egg in frylight and mushy peas - free
2 slices of hovis soft white - 8 syns
tomato ketchup - 2 syns

supper - fruit salad with vlf fromage frais - free

total syns - 13

back on track today!!

breakfast - lemon hi fi bar HB and banana

lunch - jacket potato, beans and cottage cheese - free
muller light
bag of hula hoops from multipack - 6.5 syns

mid afternoon - apple, pear, banana

swimming tonight then supper

update - tea - mild curry savoury rice and chickpea dahl - free

vlf fromage frais mixed with mint chocolate options 2 syns and 2 alpen light choc and fudge bars HB

total syns - 8.5

Last edited:
i really have to follow this now. i've been to the doctors and have been diagnosed with high blood pressure. ive never had a problem with it before, but its been high the last few times ive had my blood pressure taken, and it is still high. dr has now put me on tablets for it.

therefore, i HAVE to start taking this seriously now. my health has to come first.

breakfast - 28g bran flakes HB and milk and banana

lunch - just made a wonderful concoction!!! Just started putting things in a dish, and surprisingly it actually worked!!!

recipe -

pasta shells
tin of chopped tomatoes with chilli
tin of sweetcorn
baby mushrooms
tub of quark
3 eggs

just mixed everything uncooked in a big dish and then put into a casserole dish, and put into the oven for just over half an hour until it was set. it came out a bit pink (tomatoes mixing with the quark!) but it was gorgeous!!! will have to remember to put some onion into it next time. here's a photo -

03072010202.jpg

presume that this is all free?? will someone help me out with this?

tea - new potatoes, quorn garlic and herb fillet x 2 (8 syns) and mushy peas

total syns - 14.5

Last edited:
food diary for today -

breakfast - 28g bran flakes (HB) and milk, banana

its my mums birthday today, so will update later

update - cous cous for lunch - 0.5 syn

tea - new potatoes, chicken breast (hb) wrapped in bacon, no fat - 4 syns - carrots, broccolli and cauliflower - free and gravy - 2 syns

supper - vlf fromage frais with white chocolate options - 2.5 syns, complete with strawberries free

total syns - 9 syns

Last edited:
Thanks Claire, it was on Green, thank you so much. Its very rare I do a red day or extra easy.

Weigh In tonight - I lost 3 lbs and won slimmer of the week!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!! :) that takes me to 13lb, so 1lb off my stone (again) but it feels good to be getting there again.

this health scare has really focussed my mind, ive told all my work mates who sit next to me, so they have all vowed to keep me on the straight and narrow.

food diary for today -

breakfast - oatso simple (HB) and milk
mid morning - choc orange hi fi bar - (HB)

lunch - jacket potato and beans and cheese - at least 1 HA and 3 syns
muller light
banana
pear

tea - i normally go nuts on a monday night and basically raid every cupboard in the house, but tonight is the start of good mondays. if i can be good every other day of the week, then mondays should be no different!!!

pasta with a chickenbreast chopped up into it - 6 syns - and 2 tbsps extra light mayo - 2 syns

total syns - 11

food diary for today -

breakfast - new scrumptious strawberry Hifi, MHG how lush are they??!! (HB)

mid morning - banana, bag of french fries from multipack (my sis reject cheese and onion lol!) - 4 syns

lunch - pasta, cucumber, tomato and cottage cheese - free
muller light cherry and chocolate - 2 syns
banana
pear

mid afternoon - strawberry hi fi bar - (HB)

tea - leftover pasta, cucumber, tomato and cottage cheese from lunchtime - free

banana
pear
apple

supper - probably ainsley harriott tomato tango cous cous - 0.5 syns

total syns - 6.5

Hi Tina, I replied to you in my diary before reading yours, which was a bit arse over tit if you think about it, but hey, that's me- blond!!!

Sorry to hear you suffer with depression! It's such an awful thing and one of the most frustrating things about it is that it's so misunderstood by people who have never had it!! Some people just can't appreciate how awful it is and how it just completely takes control of you! It's also horrible when food takes control over you and you turn to it for comfort! I think we can all relate to that one to some extent, which is why most of us are here in the first place! I guess it's about trying to change those long standing habits and find alternatives and coping strategies!! So I think your attitude towards your weight loss and health is fantastic!! And I'm sure the scare you've had with BP will help you to achieve your goals!! Sometimes we need a wake up call in order to take action!! A HUGE well done on your loss and SOTW status!! It's a lovely feeling, one I haven't had for a little while!! I'm working on it!!LOL! XXXXXXXX

awww thanks Heather hun, you are such a lovely person! xx Ive had depression for a few years, its totally reactive as my hubby has bipolar, so being his carer and working full time its a bit of a strain, but you know, these things are sent to try us, you just have to get on with it really. i have the odd bad day, i just have to take it on the chin really and let it happen. no point in fighting it, it hurts too much.

im so happy with SOTW and 3lbs!! Yay!! At last, a consistent weight loss, 2.5 last week and 3 this. Im feeling really positive now, so much to focus on, its gonna happen, I can feel it!!

food diary for today -

breakfast - banana, strawberry hifi bar (HB)

lunch - chicken and bacon pasta from tesco - 14.5 syns - WHAT??????? O....M....G!!!!! Won't be having that again!!!
bag of salt and vinegar Squares crisps - 5 syns
muller light
banana
apple

tea - mild curry savoury rice with chickpea dahl - free
fat free flump - 1syn

oooops thats 20.5 syns today eeeeeeeeeeek!!! :(

food diary for today -

breakfast - oatso simple (HB) with milk

mid morning - banana, 1 fat free flump (1 syn)

lunch - jacket potato and beans - free
muller light
banana

mid afternoon - ravising ruby hi fi bar (HB)
1 fat free flump - 1 syn

swimming tonight

tea - jacket potato (free) and cous cous 0.5 syn

supper - 2 slices of bread - 8 syns with dairylea spread - 3.5 syns

total syns - 13.5 syns

food diary for today -

breakfast - oatso simple (HB) and milk

mid morning - alpen light bar - 3 syns

lunch - ww sandwich - 12 syns (took off 6 syns for bread HB) - 6 syns
muller light cherry - 2 syns
banana
1 fat free flump - 1 syn

tea - curry rice and chickpea dahl - free
vlf fromage frais with sweetner and strawberries - free

total syns - 12

food diary for today -

breakfast - 28g bran flakes (HB) and milk

lunch - jacket potato free and morroccan medley cous cous - 0.5 syn

lots and lots of no added sugar pop today!!! Isnt it hot??!!

tea- no idea, probably not a lot as the heat really kills my appetite, but got a lovely strawberry jelly for later
ended up having 1 fried egg sandwich, 8 syns for the bread, fried in frylight so egg free and then later I had pasta and chickpea dahl purely cos it was the easiest - free plus jelly - 1.5 syns

apple and banana, 1 alpen light bar - 3 syns

28g of bran flakes (HB) and milk

total - 13 syns

Last edited:
food diary for today -

breakfast - nothing

lunch - jacket potato (free) with 28g cheese (HA) and 113g tuna (HB) with 2 tbsps extra light mayo - 2 syns
muller light

afternoon - been really naughty and had a 99 from the ice cream van, eeeek no idea on syns, must be my daily allowance easily......

tea - probably tomato and herb pasta and sauce - free

just realised i didnt update my diary for yesterday

breakfast - oatso simple (HB) with milk

lunch - jacket potato with beans and cheese (HA)
muller light, apple

mid afternoon - alpen light bar

weigh in - i put 2.5 lbs on. this isn't too bad. i worked out that the week before my * week I have always put 2lbs on, it has never faltered, so a half lb gain is ok, especially considering that ice cream!!!

tea - had chips and fishcakes, post weigh in twilight zone

food diary for tuesday -

today has gone completely to pot!!!

breakfast - sausage and hash brown sandwich, god knows how many syns!!

mid morning - cherry scone

lunch - pasta salad with cucumber, tomato and cottage cheese - free
muller light

mid afternoon - alpen light bar, bag of french fries from multipack 4 syns

tea - savoury rice and chickpea dahl - free

im off work for a couple of days so should get back on track

Back