Tina's Trials in SW land!!

Hi Tina, I've just replied to your message on my own diary so won't go into a lengthy one again!!! Only to say I'm sooooo glad to see you back here!!! It's not 'bad' that you haven't been here since April! You've had very valid reasons! Life throws things at us sometimes and other things we wanted to do for ourselves seem to go out the window! The ONLY thing that matters is that you're back here now with a fresh outlook, wanting to do it, and doing a very fine job of it too!! 11 lbs gone already, you're nearly on your first stone!! I bet you can get that next week!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

thanks sooooo much heather, its so nice to be back here again and that people have achieved so much!! you are definately an inspiration, thats for sure! :)

I lost again at WI this week, another pound, so 12lb in total now since I started back, will get my stone award next week, definately!!! xx

reallyneedtodothis said:
thanks sooooo much heather, its so nice to be back here again and that people have achieved so much!! you are definately an inspiration, thats for sure! :)

I lost again at WI this week, another pound, so 12lb in total now since I started back, will get my stone award next week, definately!!! xx

Fantastic progress Tina! Keep those goals in sight ! XxX

so, sorry I didnt come here last week, things were pretty hectic. had to go to group in the morning instead of 5pm and had to go to hull to see my nan in law as she is in hospital and was not looking too good (she has picked up though fortunately). So, not only did I get weighed at 9.30am instead of 5pm, it was * week as well and I always put 2 lb on. I put 3lb on in total, not happy!! but putting it down to * week and early in the morning weigh in.

Dont know what I will have done tomorrow as I was away for 2 days and just ate out so thats not good. Thursday I was really ill and self destructed, nearly ate a full loaf in one day!!! I have tried to be good since then so anything tomorrow I will be happy with

so, lost 2lb tonight, im amazed to be honest!!! i keep yo-yoing up and down, but to say Ive been really ill since august im trying very hard to keep on the straight and narrow. im on holiday next week so wont be going to WI but hoping to stick to plan the majority of the time xx :)

Yaay well done Tina!!! Way to go! The way I see it is that we musn't beat ourselves up for the weeks we gain or STS! If we are losing more than we're gaining overall we're going to get there! Endov!!!X

funcurls;4221245 said:
Yaay well done Tina!!! Way to go! The way I see it is that we musn't beat ourselves up for the weeks we gain or STS! If we are losing more than we're gaining overall we're going to get there! Endov!!!X

:eek: that is so true hun, thank you!! hope you are ok and getting on with your new target! xx

reallyneedtodothis said:
:eek: that is so true hun, thank you!! hope you are ok and getting on with your new target! xx

Well not making headway just yet, but feeling positive! I'm currently working on clawing back the post-target celebratory gain! According to my scales I have about 3lb to go to get back to original Target/lowest weight yet, then will work towards the new half stone! So I think I have about 10lbs to go altogether! I'm going to Madeira in 5 1/2 weeks (30 days) and I'd love to lose 7lb by then! I'm a terrible gainer on hols! Can easily rack up a 7lb gain in a week! But I'd rather fully enjoy the food on offer- to me a holiday means a holiday from EVERYTHING that's my usual routine! So I'd rather go for it, indulge, and then I don't mind cutting back afterwards to remove the gain! It depends how you look at it really! I reckon if I resisted all the food I wanted on hols I would feel resentment and then be more likely to rebel during my normal life and therefore struggle more in the long run! It's such a psychological battle sometimes isn't it! Why does our relationship with food have to be so complicated? Surely it should exist purely to provide fuel and energy! Why does it have to taste so good?! Lol x

I totally agree with you about holidays!! I put 6lb on last week from my hols, sooooo bad!!! Hope you have a lovely time in Madeira, sounds lovely. And yes, I agree with you too about it being a break from the normal routine, its your holiday, you work hard enough and spend way too much money on it for you not to do what you want!! Our consultant said this week that its what he calls "false weight" as its there one week and gone the next. So, this week I lost 2.5lb which considering it is star week as well, I am pretty impressed. However, having a bad week with my depression so far and going to a bonfire party on Saturday so not expecting next weeks WI to be good :(

reallyneedtodothis said:
I totally agree with you about holidays!! I put 6lb on last week from my hols, sooooo bad!!! Hope you have a lovely time in Madeira, sounds lovely. And yes, I agree with you too about it being a break from the normal routine, its your holiday, you work hard enough and spend way too much money on it for you not to do what you want!! Our consultant said this week that its what he calls "false weight" as its there one week and gone the next. So, this week I lost 2.5lb which considering it is star week as well, I am pretty impressed. However, having a bad week with my depression so far and going to a bonfire party on Saturday so not expecting next weeks WI to be good :(

Well done on the loss Tina! See, there's nearly half the hol weight gone already!! Hope you had a good time! Soz to hear you're feeling blue this week, but it doesn't mean you have to have a bad time with food all week and at the Bonfire Party does it? You can still eat lots of yummy food without the syns! I know its easy for me to say this and im probably stating the obvious, but maybe you need to learn ways to avoid turning to food (the wrong food) when you're feeling blue and channel it into something else! I wonder how you can break the emotional eating cycle?! I'm sure there's a lot of help out there! X

Thanks hun, I have always been a comfort eater, it stems from me being bullied at school and my mum and grandma making me feel better with food. However, I have to say that this time, I have been ill with stress and depression since august and this was the first time i gave in to the craving. I've started my psycological therapy last week, so hoping that i can get better and not succumb again in the near future.

on a happier note I lost another 2.5lb last night so I've lost 9.5 lb in total. I'm happy that I haven't given in completely :)

So, Tuesday night is WI night, and I'm happy to report that I lost 4lb tonight!! Making 13.5 in total, sooooooo close to my stone award!! EEEEEEEEK!! Hoping to get it next week, GO ME!!! :angel09:

aaaargh, so frustrated tonight, ive been sooo good all week, only to put 1lb on tonight, grrrrrr :flamingmad: really wanted to get my stone award tonight

Anyway, should get it next week, fingers crossed............. :sigh:

reallyneedtodothis said:
aaaargh, so frustrated tonight, ive been sooo good all week, only to put 1lb on tonight, grrrrrr :flamingmad: really wanted to get my stone award tonight

Anyway, should get it next week, fingers crossed............. :sigh:

It's so unfair to not get the result you deserve, our bodies are weird yet amazing things!!!
Stuck with it and I'm sure you'll have a fab loss next week xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's so unfair to not get the result you deserve, our bodies are weird yet amazing things!!!
Stuck with it and I'm sure you'll have a fab loss next week xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Claire, hoping that it means that I have a monster loss next week!! Hope you are doing well xx :eek:

So, very very happy to report that I lost 2lb tonight, so I have lost 1 stone and half a pound!! Whoop whoop!!! :D:D

Hey Tina, sorry I've been a bit scarce!! Been back a week from hols but it has FLOWN!!! And hasn't been too successful on the food front either...aaahhhhh!!!!

Well done on your success so far!! That's great news, and I bet you're starting to feel much healthier too!!!XXX

Hi hev, glad you had a super time on holiday, you can get back on track again, I know you can. The worst time of the year is coming up, so every person is going to feel under pressure to eat and drink, sometimes its just out of your hands so enjoy! You can easily get back into it in the new year, and sometimes it needs new year resolutions to kick start your enthusiasm as well xx

had a really rubbish weekend, been poorly, only thing Ive eaten since Friday is toast and cheese without being sick. Just been to WI and lost another 2.5 lbs, so 1 stone 3 lbs in total :bliss:

Next week is going to be a bugger though, as got 2 xmas parties over the weekend, but kind of hoping that my appetite won't be fully back from being ill, then I won't eat as much!!

Just got 2 more weeks at group until Christmas, I'm so happy at this new group, and it shows with the weight loss. I'm having the week between xmas and new year off so I can enjoy xmas with my family for a few days without worrying about food (alcohol is not a problem due to my medication!) and then got a good few days to redeem myself before the 1st WI of the new year. 2012 is gonna be good, I can feel it. Mind you, it can't be any worse than this year has been :confused:

Back