Tinky's exante diary

Tinky

I'm currently coming up to my fifth week on exante and thought i'd start a diary to try and keep me motivated. So far I've lost 1 stone, 3lbs and I'm pretty chuffed with that. I'm a daily weigher, so hoping that will go down a little bit in time for my weigh in day on Wednesday.

I've found the last 5 weeks to be pretty easy. That included a weekend in Paris (thank god for the bars!), a few meals out (I literally sat there with water!) and a food tasting for a wedding (water again). I've stuck to the diet 100%, with the exception of two diet cokes...that's hasn't seemed to effect my weight loss.

I'd been doing slimming world and lost 12lbs when I saw exante on a deal site. I originally bought 6 weeks and when my package arrived I was overwhelmed. But the 6 weeks is nearly up and I'm loving the results. I had originally intended to go back to SW but I've ordered another 6 weeks worth of exante and have another 2 weeks of bars that I ordered as extras. I pretty much like all the food, except the soup which just has a disgusting texture. It tastes alright though, so I water it down loads and drink it in a mug.

if I keep losing at a similar rate I'll be at my target by the time I finish the exante packs that I have. So fingers crossed!

Welcome Tinky :) Well done on your great weight loss so far and conquering all the difficult situations you faced along the way!

Welcome Tinky. Good results so far! I add extra water to the soups and the shakes - it makes them last longer!

Thank you both! Well done on your weight loss too :D

Looks like we all have really similar goals. I don't know about you, but I really feel like it's achievable with exante. The results are so quick, which I find is good motivation.

I've not tried watering the shakes down yet, as I quite like the texture. I will probably try it this week though as I have quite a few to get through, so I might just do shakes every other day. Also want to try the chocolate one hot to see if it really is like hot chocolate. Here's to a good week!

If you add ice to the shakes and do them in a blender you get a really nice thick texture.

Have a great day Tinky :) x

Welcome Tinky! Well done for getting through the last 5 weeks and well done on your loss xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you all for your support! It's really nice to know there are other people on this journey too. I'll definitely try mixing the shakes with ice. I also want to try them hot but not sure if I'd do that in my shaker or in the blender, silly I know.

It was my week 5 weigh in day and I'd lost 3lbs this week again! Really pleased with that. I'm at 11.5 now so not too long to go until I'm in the 10's. Hopefully another 2 weeks.

This must be the smallest I've been in years, as I'm firmly a size 14 now...a lot of my clothes are too big. I wore a dress today that had been slightly tight a few days ago. It was a dress I bought maybe two years ago after i'd dieted abit and lost some weight. Haven't worn it in ages as it didn't fit and now it's too big!

i really want to go shopping for clothes, as most of my stuff is now baggy and makes me feel frumpy. Have to keep reminding myself that (hopefully) I'll keep losing and it'd be a waste.

I've also started going to yoga, which I'm really enjoying. I haven't managed to find exercise that I'm motivate to stick to, but I think yoga might be it.

I ordered some of the red berry bars, which arrived today. I'd tried a sample one a few weeks ago, but my taste buds must've changed as I now find them really sweet! Still lovely though, I just can't eat the whole one in one go. I also got a free sample of the blackcurrant drink mix, so I'm looking forward to trying that.

I'm currently watching supersize v super skinny as motivation ;) hope you're all having a good week!xxx

Last edited:
Also just realised I'm 1 stone 12lbs away from my target! That feels amazing that it's no longer multiple stones even if it is only just

Had a really good day, another pound down on the scales and lots of compliments about my weight loss. It's really motivating when people notice. Also caught up with a friend at one of my favourite restaurants, she ate and I stuck to sparkling water and coffee. Felt a bit silly at first, but it wasn't too bad in the end. I just hope I have the same will power when I finish exante...although that seems like a long way off at the moment!

Just have to remember it's more than worth it. Tried on lots of my clothes last night, and a few of my favourites are now so big they look silly. I can't wait till reach my target and can go shopping!

Even though it's a long way off I'm starting to think about how I'm going to refeed. For some reason it really worries me, I'm scared I'll pile it all back on. So I figure if I start planning now hopefully when the time comes I'll be super prepared. Bit lost with where to start but I've got another 10 weeks to figure it out!

For some reason my office went valentines day crazy, and there were chocolates and doughnuts (heart shaped!) everywhere. I managed to resist though, I don't really crave that sweet stuff now. Probably because I know I can't eat it, and lots of the exante stuff is sweet, so as soon as I say no I tend to forget about it. I'm pretty sure it'll be a whole different story when I CAN actually eat them again...and once I pop I can't stop.

Had a date in the evening. We've been dating for a while, so he knows I'm on a diet and is fine with it. But we met up straight after work so he had to eat... Which meant I sat there watching him have a Nandos :cry:Even the chicken looked appealing! Went to the cinema afterwards and watched the monuments men. Definitely worth a watch, some really funny bits. I just had a bottle of water, for some reason my stomach was rumbling really loudly through the film!

All in all a day full of temptation, which I resisted, so i'm happy. I was starving last night and the night before. Been having a couple of bars a day just out if convenience, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. Will cut them out and see.

Have a a great weekend!

Hi Tinky - amazing willpower! You're doing great. Hope you enjoyed your date.

Thank you! I think anyone on exante has amazing willpower.

Woke up on Saturday with I pretty nasty cold. Still feeling rough. Have managed to stick to the diet, although I have been taking lemsip which probably isn't allowed. But I really want to feel better...!

I've also been drinking a lot of coke zero, for some reason I'm craving that like mad. No idea why. I'm hoping this cold shifts soon, as I can see myself getting tempted to eat pretty soon.

I never normally get colds that often, so wondering if the diet has something to do with it. Although somebody at work said last week that I never seem to get ill, so maybe he just jinxed me!

Nothing much else to report, have pretty much stayed in all weekend trying to recover. Haven't weighed in for 3 days, I'm trying to weigh less often. I seem to keep losing 3lbs a week, and I reckon seeing -3 at the end of the week would be more motivating than watching that 3 go up and down for a week if that makes sense.

Oh and I have ALOT of soups left. Bleurgh.

Hope everyone's had a good weekend!

Well done on resisting the Valentine's treats. Not far from target, that's a good incentive to stay on track :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks twinkle, I logged on to say that the girl setting at the next desk is eating a big fat cheese panini and it was tempting me, so your message helped me focus on what I actually want...to reach my target! Thank you!x

Oh wow I just tried turning my shake into a chocolate muffin & custard. It actually was like a real cake and custard. Or maybe it's just been so long since I tried the real thing. Whatever the reason it was so good! Can't remember whose post I read, but thank you :) now I just have to try not to do it ALL the time

Doing well!

Thank you! Just noticed we had the exact same starting weight...I was 14st2 before I started slimming world. Never want to see that number on the scales again. We can do this :)

Back