Tinned Pilchards

s'OK I understood but know the road's not been there long as newish estate...

You're right there... and there have been very testing times recently...

s'OK I understood but know the road's not been there long as newish estate...

You're right there... and there have been very testing times recently...

I was happy there but I like it better out in the countryside with my veggie plot. This spooky thread is getting quite amusing, when you look at the pilchard title :)

We can always take a subject anywhere!!

-yes. - and it really does show what a small world it is. The thing I do quite miss is Gunwharf, as I used to pop down there a fair bit.

The Cadbury shop is far too tempting, and not a lot I can afford in the designer shops! OK factory outlets, but still dear to me!!

That Cadbury shop is good - or bad I suppose. I've not been there for ages. I just like wandering around - very rarely buy anything. I agree it is expensive, especially compared to the Florida malls!

I send my sister with a list just before I come home for Christmas... otherwise I just go round being silly! VERY SILLY!!

I enjoy shopping in Fareham shopping centre... and love Port Solent for cinema, food and mooching!

Port Solent I have always loved - it is just so calm compared to Gunwharf. I also really like the new (or not so new anymore) cinema in fareham - the seats are really well tiered - the only trouble is that parking can be a pain. Now we have to go to Bournemouth or Southampton for the cinema so tend to opt for Southampton, because I don't think the cinemas in central Bournemouth have been updates since I saw ET when it came out! I am also quite partial to a bit of West Qyuay!

My favourite fish and chippery is just down from Port Solent! A must whenever home!! I've only been to West Quay the once and, like Gunwharf, the price of parking is crazy!

I won't ask you for the name of the chippy! Oh - I think I know the one you mean - the one that is on the main road - is it Kelly's Diner or something? In it's own purpose built building by itself with tables inside?

I hope I'm not making you feel too reminiscent?

It's called "Ma Kelly's" and my family members go regularly... and I go each time I'm home! Excellent F+C (and we tried their fried breakfast last time - equally delicious!).

I love reminiscing...

Yes that is where I am thinking of! We used to love Portchester Castle for a runaround when the children were little.

Been to their carol concerts more times than I care to remember!! (I went to CH school, so not far away from there!)

Back