Tinned tomatoes
Onions
Seasoning (made into casserole)
Jacket wedges
Green beans

Strawberries
Grapes

Last edited:
Just found an old 'diary' of mine. Well, more of a large book where I used to write my thoughts. In 2006 I was nearly 15 stone, at 14 stone 10 lbs. Lordy! How on earth did I manage that? I forgot how large I was, as I've always actively avoided cameras. Spurs me on a bit. I know it was the best part of 5 years ago, but at least I've gone downwards :)

Well, I somehow managed to lose the 2lb I gained last week, which is rather cool. Would have been good to lose a wee bit more, but beggers can't be choosers!

Day 32: 29/3/11

Flexi day, as other half is cooking tea for me when I get in from the pub :eek: so lord knows what he will do! He was on about doing corned beef hash, but corned beef makes me gag as soon as I see it, let alone taste it!

Cheerios - 5
Milk - HE

Roast chicken
WM roll - HE
Strawberries
Grapes

Bless him....

Chili con carne (lean mince, baked beans, tinned toms, seasoning)
Boiled, plain rice (it was fluffy rice, I am so jealous, I suck at making rice!)

Last edited:
Found you!!
Firstly - really sorry to hear about your bird, hope you're feeling ok about it now, you really did do the right thing letting him go.

So... a catch up, are you in a new place now? (weren't you originally planning on moving back with your parents for a bit?)
And hows life with your OH? Seems to be going pretty good if he's moving in!

Well done on your 2lb loss and starting the shred... now you just need to keep at it!! I'm thinking the cheerios are probably not the best idea as that's a third of your syns gone before you've even woken up properly... is there not a HEX cereal you fancy, or a syn free option you could have for brekkie?

Also just thinking if you're getting a bit fed up of cooking, why don't you do a load of batch cooking when you do have time (and energy!), I'm thinking a load of bolognese, cottage pie mix, chilli, curry etc... then all you need to do is defrost it ready for the evening!

Hmm... I told you I'd be hypocritical - I haven't even got the energy to open a tin of beans most nights at the mo! :p

Found me :)

Aye, the bird fiasco is now over, and life continues plodding along, minus a Frankie!

Yeah, I moved into my new home in February, and am in the process of moving the other half in! Hopefully this is the last Thursday/Friday of moving, cause I'm proper fed up of it now! Things are going well with him. Don't know how I managed to find someone so lovely, but I did :)

TBH, the Cheerios is to get them out the darn cupboard! Plus, I've had roast chicken to use up lately, so have been using my HE on WM roll rather than on cereal. But once the chicken is gone, I'll be back to good ol' weetabix! Tried having free breakfasts before (muller, fruit) but it kinda makes me feel a bit queasy, I'm a bit of a sensitive bugger in the mornings when it comes to food and drink. And also, I'm not one for using that many syns at the min, so I can spare the 5 in the morning.

I've done batch cooking before, but with the other half eating like a horse, its easier to just do it during the day as most days I'm off 1-5, so I make a start on tea if we're having something like cottage pie, spag bol or curry. The issue has been, with the stress of moving lately, I've not been bothered to cook on a Friday evening. Plus with my back yard issue, the kitchen was not a place I wanted to be in, hence the takeaways!

But my head is finally in the right place! Gone are the 'I'll just eat that' lunches, and the 'I'll make up for it next week' dinners, and in is free lunches, fruit inbetween, and healthier dinners.

Will get back on the shred soon, but I've knackered my shoulder through too much work, so somedays it makes a lovely crunchy noise when I 'roll' it, which is nice.

I know what you mean about breakfasts - I find yoghurt and fruit makes me feel queasy first thing (pre-pregnancy - dread to think what I'd be like now!). I don't get on much with cereal so find the savoury options suit me better, i.e. something on toast or an omelette. But they do take longer to prepare which is a pain in the bum.

So glad everything's going well with you and OH, have you had any more nights out with his work colleagues? I know they didn't make a great impression on your Christmas night out... especially his boss

I totally get that the stress of moving makes you not bothered to cook - I think stress and tiredness are my worst food triggers - I always consider them to be perfectly acceptable reasons to binge.

How's your cat enjoying your new place?

Dude is quite happy in his new home, and quite pleased with all the new 'friends' I have acquired - birds, hamster, fish etc!

Not had anything to do with his work colleagues really, chosen to keep them at a distance, its not like they are his friends, so don't have much to do with them.

Yes, pre-pregnancy I was always jealous of your breakfasts! I could do a mini fryup or an omelette, but I would rather grab some weetabix, watch Jeremy Kyle, then have a decent lunch.

I'm a bugger for using stress as a food excuse too. Kinda like - I've had a crap day, therefore I deserve pizza! Silly really.

Currently, Dude is trying to catch the birds. They are in a cage, he doesn't quite seem to have got the jist of this yet, as he has been trying for.....ooooh......over a week now. The birds don't seem to care, though!

Day 33: 30/3/11 - red

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

Roast chicken
WM bread - HE

Well, he did nachos. I didn't really stand a chance on that one! Well, the cheese can be a HE, and as for the rest, oh well!

Strawberries for afters - Mmmm

Last edited:
My cat goes through phases of being fascinated by our fish... although he did get a major telling off when we found him jumping on top of the fish tank - had visions of the whole tank and cabinet coming crashing down, water and fish and glass everywhere etc etc.
He hasn't done it since (at least not when we're watching anyway ;))

Glad yours has settled in with all his new 'friends' :p

Not looking forward to it getting warmer and having 'presents' of mice and baby birds brought to the back door...

Totally with you on the stress excuse - except for me it 'was' usually a pizza and a bottle of wine, oh and some chocolate that I 'deserved'! Thankfully I haven't been missing the wine, but indulging in takeaways and chocolate more often really isn't the way to go...

Thankfully, Dude is quite useless at catching stuff. The most I've had is moths, leaves and worms. He isn't too sure what to do with birds, voles etc! He does sit watching the various tanks, but I just leave him to it. But they are a bugger when you're back is turned!

Good that you aren't missing the wine, not that there is a lot you could do about missing it! I guess you could always have grape juice......

Leaves? Well that's not exactly hard :D

I wish ours wasn't good at catching anything... last year hubby had to rescue several poor mice - once when the cat had dropped him into a bucket of water in the garden so the poor thing was tired as anything swimming around the top of this bucket. Another time was when the cat must have brought the mouse in, played with it in the bathroom (of all places :confused:) and dropped it in the bath!!

They really can be little *******!

Hmm haven't tried grape juice, sticking to diet lemonade most of the time :D

Oops looks like I wrote a naughty word!!

Ooooh I didn't know it automatically blocked naughty words, I've just been simply avoiding them!

My cats at my parents were a bugger for bringing in things. Shermans favourite was headless rabbits, Oliver liked bringing in frogs then letting them loose under the fridge, and Bartlebie liked bringing in birds eggs. He once brought in a whole baby rabbit, unharmed. That was a strange morning....

Day 34: 31/3/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

Mug shot
Timeout bar - 4
About 8 pringles

Was moving things till about 1am, was sooo hungry but we ended up just going to bed instead. Bad move, but I was beyond tired, fighting back the tears. I get really emotional when I get tired, or don't have enough sleep.

Last edited:
Day 35: 1/4/11

Bacon
2x WM bread slices - HE
Small amount of cheese - HE

1/2 Twix bar - 7

1/2 small portion of chippy chips - 6?

2x southern fried chicken, most of the skin taken off - 5?
Lettuce

Another dreadful day. Moving furniture, fish tanks, fridges, the works, from about 9am-8pm. Combine that with having to drive over 100 miles, about 50 in a van, and thats why my day was so awful!

Least I got loads of exercise, 7 foot wooden cabinets are quite heavy up a flight of stairs!

Day 36: 2/4/11

Cheerios - 5
Milk - HE

2x WM bread - HE
Small amount of low fat marg - 3

Eat smart sausages - 1
Mashed potato
Homemade Onion gravy - 1
Leeks
Carrots
Baked beans

ANOTHER can't be bothered day! If I have a loss this week, it will be a miracle! But I do have a couple of days to claw back some kinda loss I guess. The major moving is now over, its just fiddly things to go now. My freezer is also almost empty of the unhealthy junk, which means that I can start filling it with decent food next week! Yippee!

Day 37: 3/4/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

2x WM bread - 6
2x eat smart sausages - 1

Strawberries

3 croquette potatoes - 4
Chicken
Large salad (lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, red cabbage, gerkins)

Day 38: 4/4/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

2x skinny white bread slices - 6
teaspoon cherry jam - 1

2x eat smart sausages - 1
2x trimmed bacon
Yorkshire pudding (75g flour, 1/2 daily milk HE, 1x egg) - about 14 syns!!!!
Roast potatoes - 3.5
Leeks
Carrots
Baked beans

I've started to start working at 7am now. Extra money, but it means my waking hours are longer, and breakfast is having to be stretched, hence the toast this morning :(

Headed to Morrisons later with a positive mind. Need to find something else to have. Might start having an omelette too, with a little synned cheese. Or a pretend fryup with Eat Smart sausages. It's mainly boredom rather than hunger!

* had a stress-filled day. Bad news from the dogs home, followed by good news, followed by mum having a smash, followed by being late for work!

Last edited:
Looks like you did pretty well over the weekend. I know what you mean about boredom... I'm much worse at picking when I'm in work, I don't tend to eat half as much on the weekends!
Good idea having 2 breakfasts though - maybe 1 with your HEXs and another syn free.

Back