Tinytootz rant-and-involve-some-food diary

Yeah, could have been worse. Friday was pretty bad, though! Oh well, done it now :)

Working from home means its soooo easy to pick! Hence why I'm headed out later to get healthy picky bits like grapes, mug shots and other fruit.

Well that went out the window! I ended up buying loads of meat from Morrisons, no fruit, and didn't manage to get to the shop to buy mug shots! But, nothing unhealthy went in my trolley, so it wasn't the end of the world! I'll try again tomorrow :)

Day 39: 5/4/11

Cheerios - 5
Milk - HE

2x WM bread - HE
Trimmed bacon
Jacket wedges

Apple

Syn free cottage pie (carrots, peas, lean mince, mashed potato, oxo cube, seasoning)
Some kinda veg, not sure what yet. Damn veg, how I hate thee!

Post weigh in, 1lb off so rather chuffed! Thought I would 'treat' myself to Cheerios :D

Day 40: 6/4/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

Leftover cottage pie

Mr Kipling mini victoria sponge - 7.5 :(

Apple
Grapes
Pomegranate juice - 3

Turkey curry (turkey, peppers, onions, seasoning, passata)
Savoury rice
Naan - 12.5 (I might not have this yet.....)

Last edited:
Well done - that's fab!
Hopefully it'll give you the motivation to keep going (and get yourself to Morrisons to buy fruit!)

I can't, mum has my car as she smashed hers and it's being fixed! So I'll finish the apples I have in at some point, and get some grapes and perhaps a mango from Aldi, even though they are darn fiddly! :D

Good plan.
I've never been a mango fan... I like it in stuff (i.e. juices and smoothies) but not fussed on it as a fruit. Do you cut it up and spring it out like a hedgehog?

Oh... and if you're stuck on veg to go with your cottage pie, why don't you put more in the mix if you can? I'm lazy when it comes to dishes like that so can never be bothered to cook extra veg. Same with any mince-y dishes like chilli, bolognese etc.
I add leek, carrots, onion, tinned toms or passatta. You could add peppers or courgettes too (I would but hubby hates them!). Almost forces you to eat extra veg as it's already in the dish... that's my philosophy anyway!

I wasn't making the pie, so it was out of my hands! But him indoors stuck peas, onions and carrots in it, and served it with peas and carrots. I detest peas, but ate them anyway, whilst wincing!

He also made a cheesecake, bless him. Lord knows how many syns were in it, but it would have been sooo mean of me not to have any :) Loads of left over cottage pie for me to have for lunch too, Mmmmmmm

Didn't get a mango in the end, they looked kinda funky, so avoided them. I also prefer them in stuff, but they are ok mixed into a fruit salad. Hmmm, not made one of them in ages.

Bless him making a cheesecake!! My hubby can just about manage beans on toast so you're lucky there!

Aye, he seems to actually be able to cook, without shoving loads of butter or cream or other hidden nasties in everything! And he doesn't moan if I use lean mince. He does draw the line at Eat Smart sausages though and my obsession with leeks, so he gets proper ones, and corn on the cob! :D

That's ok though - at least with sausages and veg it's not too much hassle for you to both have different ones. That is fab that he can cook.
Trouble with me is I've spoilt hubby by cooking for him too much - means that he hasn't had to cook anything for himself (other than heating something up) for the 9 years we've been together!
Although he does help if I ask - peeling, grating, that sort of thing.

Yeah, it's a totally new concept to me too! My ex cooked for me twice, once his mum did most of it, and the second time was donuts, and that was over 7.5 years! But this one seems quite well trained, he doesn't even leave socks lying around - I was amazed!

Day 41: 7/4/11 - Heavy synned tea, so trying to keep it on the low down!

Muller light

Frittata (eggs, cheese - HE, 2x eat smart sausages - 1, Spring onion, fry lighted potatoes, possibly leeks?!?!)
WW noodles

Apple
Mug shot (if I get peckish, OH is home late)

Birdseye chicken burger - 4.5 I think
Large salad (lettuce, spring onion, gerkins, cucumber, red cabbage)
Sweet potato wedges
WM roll - HE

Hmm, not made up for me going over yesterday, but for me, it is a good start!

Last edited:
Day 42: 8/4/11 - Moving stuff AGAIN today

Breakfast - skipped :(

2x WM bread - HE
Brie - HE
Cranberry sauce - 1

We had a massive fall out. It seems to be a Friday tradition whilst moving stuff is going on. It upset me greatly, but he was upset as I was crying, so it ended up with him feeling dreadful and being what I describe as 'impossible'. I guess I'm still trying to get to know him, so I don't know all his traits. I need to learn that when he is stressed, I should get out of the way. He wanted to 'go away'. I asked where, he said 'anywhere'. Now, in the past when this has happened, my ex would be gone for hours, not answering his phone, leaving me worried. I didn't want this, so I refused to let him. He then turned it into 'you never let me see my friends' which upset me greatly, as that was what the ex used to say to me constantly, even though he saw them more than me :(

But yeah, I eventually got a heartfelt apology. He also says he is feeling jealous about my ex, which I understand. Everyone talks about him all the time, and my best friends husband seems reluctant to accept my OH, as he is still good mates with my ex. Difficult situation. I've explained that the people I actually care about do like my OH, and they saw what my ex did to me, so don't actively seek to talk about him in a positive light. But I guess it's something I will have to work on with him. But anyway, after him sulking in bed at 8pm, saying he wanted to go to sleep to forget it all (something I CAN NOT DO!), he went downstairs, came back up in a shirt saying we were going out. Went to the Indian, as he is nervous about going drinking with me, due to my home town being so small, and people might point and talk about him. I totally get that too, as they do! But yeah, stop waffling and get on with it...

Chicken Pakora - 6.5 (he ate some of mine, cheeky!)
Chicken Biriyani - 12.5 (didn't have the veg sauce, it had broadbeans in it, which put me off, so I ate it dry)
Diet coke :)

Last edited:
Day 43: 9/4/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

Apple
Muller light
Jacket wedges
Frazzles - 6

Beef goulash (syn free recipe, veg in it)
Roast potatoes - 2.5
3 onion rings - 4

Last edited:
Day 44: 10/4/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

2x potato waffle - 5
Chicken burger - 3.5
Apple
Time Out - 4
Muller Light

Roast Gammon (Mmmmm can't wait!)
Peas
Roast potatoes - 3.5
Mashed potato
Carrots
Leeks

* naughty! But I spent all afternoon cleaning the house, totally forgot the time, then realised I was hungry!

Last edited:
Day 45: 11/4/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

Leftover goulash
Sweet potato wedges

Cod
3 x Potato croquettes - 4
Leeks
Carrots

Last edited:
Well, due to me collecting my dog, and the cat going up the chimney, my fishy night went out the window, and was replaced by chicken and chips at 11:30pm - I hadn't eaten since I had a Muller Light at 10am :(

But I managed to lose a pound. Lord knows how.

Spent 4 hours cleaning the house yesterday, 4 loooong solid hours, and it still ain't done! So the food diary is pretty damn pathetic!

Day 46: 12/4/11 - Green

Frosties - 5
Milk - HE

Skipped lunch

4x WM bread slices - HE & HE
Small amount cheese - HE
Baked beans
2 rashers trimmed bacon - 4

Hopefully today will be a little more normal!

80 mins dog walking

Last edited:
Back