Milk - HE

Apple
Grapes
Muller light

SW chips
Carrots
Leeks
WW noodles

Pizza for tea! Making my own bases, and will possibly top with cherry tomatoes, rocket, goats cheese (HE), and red onions. Yes, it's over my syns! Oh well eh :)

Day 63: 29/4/11

Not entirely sure how the day will pan out, but probably....

Skipped breakfast

Lunch - Might be cooked breakfast, might be a sandwich, might be fresh air! Who knows...

BBQ - HM lean burgers, Eat Smart sausages, lamb chop, chicken thighs, pork kebab (pork, peppers, onions), salad, jacket wedges

I've kinda given up on the food diary for the past few days. More out of shame of the sheer c**p I've eaten :eek:

I'll start it again today, reporting a 1lb loss. Not very happy about it, as it is undeserved, and I think I'm heading for a fall next weigh in. But oh well!

Right then! Let's go!

Day 1: 4/5/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

SW chips

Apple
Grapes
Muller Light

Toad in the hole:

Sausages - 1
Red onions
Trimmed bacon
Batter recipe - Whole recipe is 15, so my bit would be about 7, he got a HUGE bit!
Peas
Carrots
Mashed potato

I might have a bit of chocolate cake later, got a smear test and I'm not looking forward to it! I've also got to clean my car (it's proper minging) so a wee tasty treat when I get back would be nice :)

* cleaned my car, but still had no chocolate cake!

Last edited:
Day 2: 5/5/11

Not sure how the day will pan out. The first half is correct though!

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

Pasta pack
Grapes
Kiwi
Muller light

Syn free cottage pie
Peas
Carrots
Leeks

The evening meal may change. Working 5pm-7pm, but asked for that to be cancelled, so I can perhaps go and pick up him indoors, and maybe go for a walk. If that's the case (and the weather holds!) I may pack a cute picnic.

Last edited:
Just been sat in the doctors, thinking how my clothes are too big, and it hit me. I won't make my initial target :(
I did want to be at my target weight (or at least close) by my birthday, 18th July. I've been losing 1lb a week lately, and I can't see that changing really, which means between now and then, I might lose 10lbs, 19 off target :( Bit gutted about that. If I hadn't of naffed about so much earlier in the year, and just buckled down, then I would be closer.
I would adjust things to aim for a bigger loss each week, but at the minute I'm losing 1lb a week, and not being obsessive about it. I worry that if I pushed myself for 10 weeks, I would put it all back on, as it doesn't fit my lifestyle.
Hugo has his stitches out on Saturday, so I can start taking him for longer walks then, which always helps :) Fridays have also calmed down, so less chocolate is consumed. It's also difficult when OH keeps telling me how beautiful I am as I am now. I know he means well, but it doesn't push me - not that I want him to tell me I am an ugly blob!
Oh well!

Don't beat yourself up about it - slow and steady is the most healthy way to lose weight, it doesn't matter how long it takes to get there.

And your clothes are too big?? Well that's a really good thing!!

Yeah, all my tops are too big for me, but my jeans seems to fluctuate on a day to say basis. The same pair we're falling down yesterday, and today are fitting. Not too tight, but not falling down. I have my suspicions that I'm allergic to something that makes me bloat like mad, but not sure what it is. I have no pain or discomfort, so not too worried about it.

I know slow and steady is the best, but I'm such an impatient bugger :D Each pound makes me feel better, so hopefully I will still feel smashing on my burpday. The last two were totally awful, so I've got a lot pinned on this one for some reason! Off to eat an apple and some grapes!

Looks like I won't get my shift cancelled this afternoon - the boss has gone away for the weekend, we are already 2 staff down, which leaves about 3 of us to pick up the slack. I'm being pressured into pretty much working 8am-3am Sat/Sun without a break, and 11am-10pm Sunday without a break. So far I am sticking to my guns, but it has got to the stage where if I don't do it, nobody will! In a bad mood anyway as I'm doing till 3am tonight to cover for someone, and they are wanting me to work a few hours on my ONLY day off, but so far I ain't darn well doing it! So very tired. And I don't get my usual Saturday morning lie in till 10 as Hugo has to go the vets, which means I have to wait till Tuesday morning to catch up. I don't cope well with lack of sleep, it turns me very grumpy, negative and snappy. Gonna attempt to have a kip this afternoon, calm me down and stop me stressing.

Urgh, tiredness is causing me to overthink everything, and posting when like this is a bad plan. So I'm gonna try and avoid this site for the rest of the day :)

xxx

Kinda caught up on my sleep now, but OH was poorly last night, so I hardly slept at all, and working till 3am tonight :(

Day 3: 6/5/11

Burger King cheeseburger
Small fries

Then about 3 hours walking round the shops! Ouch!

WM bread - HE
Chicken
Tomato
Basil
Spinach

Yup, over my syns on the Burger King.

Day 4: 7/6/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

WM bread
Chicken
Spinach
Basil
Tomato

Apple
Grapes
Muller light

SW chips

Not sure on tea yet. Might do sausage, SW chips, egg and beans. Depends on how him indoors is feeling today. Or I might defrost some syn free tomato soup.

Last edited:
Day 5: 8/5/11

Frosties - 5
Milk - HE

WM bread slice - HE
Eat smart sausages - 1
Trimmed bacon
Fry lighted egg (if I feel brave, still a wee bit funny with eggs!)
WW noodles
Grilled tomatoes

Apple
Grapes
Muller light

Syn free pork curry (lean pork, tomatoes, spices, onions, peppers, spinach)
Boiled rice

Last edited:
Day 6: 9/5/11

Weetabix - HE
Milk - HE

Fritatta made with:

Cooked chicken
Spring onions
Leeks
Small amount of goats cheese - 5
Eggs (of course)
Chives
Sw chips
Grilled tomatoes

Apple
Muller light

Pollock
Leeks
Carrots
Parsnips
SW roast potatoes

* looks pretty healthy to me. Let's hope its a sign of better things to come!

Last edited:
Lordy, that fritatta thingy was delish! Goats cheese added a nice tang to it, but I reckon I could eat it without, so there's another syn free dinner dish for me, or breakfast/lunch :D

Wowzers, managed a STS this week! Totally amazed. Teeny bit bummed it ain't a loss, but considering the crap I've ate, chuffed deep down really :) Seems the couple of days of good behaviour saved me. Determined to have a good week, considering recently I've discovered I can eat eggs, I'm ok with tomatoes now, peas are do-able, and there is now no cake in the house at all.

Day 7: 10/5/11

Tuesday is mini treat day :D I know, I know. But it helps me.

Frosties - 5
Milk - HE

2x WM bread - HE
Trimmed bacon
Cooked chicken
Mayo - 2
Chives

Apple
Grapes

Baked beans
Tinned tomatoes
Trimmed bacon
Eat Smart sausages - 1

OH is cooking tea :) Think he is doing some kinda *chuck everything in a pyrex dish then play COD till she comes home* dish, but I don't mind, least I get a night off

Well done on the STS... hopefully you'll have a good loss if you have a good week... and well done on discovering new foods too - that should give you loads of choice then.

I love having frittattas/tortillas for lunch in work - I'll make them the night before then have it cold next day. If you chuck in lots of yummy new potatoes, peppers, onions, cheese etc they can be really tasty

Tried it with potatoes in it once and I wasn't keen. Will throw some peppers in next time, and possibly some wilted spinach. The chicken was nice in it, and I bet bacon would be tasty too. I'll end up with more fillings than egg at this rate - spring onions, leeks, tomatoes, spinach, peppers, chicken, bacon :D

Mmm I've used bacon before - it's good.
Watch out with spinach though - might make it a bit soggy.

With potatoes, I once used the scooped out leftover insides of a Jacket potato (stuffed the skins on a BBQ you see) and kind of crumbled it up into the omelette - that was nice, and you don't get the big chunks but still the carb hit! Might be worth a try...

Back