Tip for keeping on track

KD

Gone fishing
Don't know about you, but I love reading motivational quotes.

Unfortunately, they live on my computer and not in the kitchen, and I've forgotten them by the time I get there.

Top tip: In the next message are some of the quotes I've saved. Print out the ones that mean something to you and you think will help and cut them into strips. It's helps if you use different fonts or colours. Just a weird way the brain works, but it doesn't matter if they are all the same.

Place various quotes in jars (old coffee jars, jugs, small boxes or similar and label them with anything you want.

"Food for thought"
"the better chatterbox"
"this is what you want"
"Eat me"
"Happy to be me"

Stick some inside cupboard doors, or on any trigger foods.

Just help yourself. First thing in the morning. When your preparing the family dinner. When you are pacing the kitchen waiting to pounce into the fridge.

They'll be there whenever you need them.
:)

• A moment on the lips, forever on the hips
  • A year from now, you'll wish you started today.
  • Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
  • And if I falter, I vow to figure out what happened, learn from it and move ahead.
  • Any experience can be transformed into something of value.
  • Everything depends on the way you look at things.
  • You cannot have the success without the failures.
  • Anything is possible, It's your choice whether or not you choose to make IT happen.
  • Be specific in what you want, and use specific words.
  • Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about.
  • Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
  • Because I WILL SUCCEED!
  • Behave your way to success.
  • Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks.
  • Change the mind, and the body will change itself.
  • Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.
  • Continuous effort -- not strength or intelligence -- is the key to unlocking our potential.
  • Dear Lord, Please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
  • Determination today leads to success tomorrow!
  • Dieting is not a piece of cake.
  • Discipline is remembering what you want.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Do you choose to simply know the path, or do you choose to walk it?
  • Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork
  • Don't find fault, find a remedy.
  • Don't limit your Challenge, challenge your limits!
  • Don't postpone joy!
  • Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure
  • Don't wail at the scale if you cheat when you eat.
  • Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel. Stride down there and light it yourself.
  • Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.
  • Eat for the body you want, not for the body you have.
  • Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
  • Everyone creates their own destiny.
  • Excuses are available to you in abundance, but what value are they?
  • Forget the excuses.
  • Forget about waiting for the perfect moment. Now is the time to get started.
  • Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
  • Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.
  • Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.
  • He who gets up one more time than he falls, makes it through.
  • He who stuffeth, puffeth.
  • I am healthy, proud and focused.
  • I am in control of myself, including my eating habits and my emotions.
  • I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.
  • I don't want to be perfect, I just want to be a little better each day. And it's working.
  • I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
  • I know God won't give me more than I can handle...I just wish he didn't trust me so much.
  • I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
  • I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.
  • I will remember how I felt in the past, how I feel today and how I will feel when I reach my goal.
  • If HUNGER isn't the problem, then FOOD isn't the answer.
  • If it is to be, it is up to me!
  • If not now, when?
  • If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves
  • If we defend our habits, we have no intentions of quitting them.

More to come :)

• If what you're working for really matters, you'll give it all you've got.
  • If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
  • If you don't change directions, you will end up where you are headed.
  • If you want what you do not have, you must do what you have not done.
  • If you're going to be obsessive about something, why not be obsessive about your fitness level?
  • I'm not telling you it is going to be easy - I'm telling you it's going to be worth it
  • In all your adversities there lies the seeds of equivalent advantages.
  • In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.
  • In every defeat there is a lesson showing you how to win the next time.
  • In Life, remember that GOOD judgment comes from experience... and experience comes from BAD judgment. You gotta live to learn!
  • In my life, I've learned that at precisely those times when life seems to get worse that you may actually be getting ready to make a leap. When you feel like you're getting nowhere - stagnating, even slipping backward - what you're actually doing is backing up to get a running start. Dan Milman
  • In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest!
  • It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?
  • It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
  • It is never too late to be what you might have been.
  • It is what you do in 2006, that determines what you will be in 2007.
  • It's been a long time since I've seen the high plains of Expectation ~ and I'm way past the lowlands and the deserts of Failure and Doubt ~ and the last time I passed through Satisfaction ~ I felt like a stranger there ~ Now I'm leaving Normal and I'm heading for who knows where....
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been.
  • It's not about how good you are but how bad you want it!
  • It's not that some people have the power to change and others don't, it's that some people will do what it takes to change and other won't
  • It's so important to believe in yourself. Believe that you can do it, under any circumstances. Because if you believe you can, then you really will. That belief keeps you searching for the answers, and then pretty soon you get it. ~Wally Famous Amos
  • It's your mind that sets your limits.
  • Just because I was, doesn't mean I have to be. Just because my parents were, doesn't mean I'm going to be. I HAVE A CHOICE.
  • Keep your mind off what you DON'T want.
  • Know your limits... but never stop trying to exceed them.
  • Learn from the past, live in the present, dream of the future
  • Let your head be more than a funnel to your stomach.
  • Life is an art, and you are the painter, the sculptor, the seamstress of your own tapestry.
  • Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself.
  • Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself.
  • Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want.
  • My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today.
  • My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking!
  • Never compromise yourself. You're all you've got.
  • Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
  • Never give up!!
  • Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
  • Nothing tastes as good as being thin fills.
  • Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!
  • Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
  • Obstacles are those pesky things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
  • On the way from BEFORE to AFTER...
  • One Day at a Time, No Guilt & Move On
  • One definition of insanity is: Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result.
  • Onward and downward
  • Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.
  • Persevere and you will win the prize.
  • Quitters don't win: Winners don't quit
  • Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday.
  • Remember: You are worth it!

• Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.
  • Some people dream of success while others wake up and work towards it
  • Stop waiting for life to hand you an easy treasure. do what is needed today and achieve what ever you desire
  • Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
  • Success is more of an attitude than a skill
  • Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.
  • Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
  • Take Nike's advice. Just do it. Get out of the kitchen, get off your butt and START. It only takes a single step to begin, and there's no reason to wait. Trust me, it's worth it.
  • The body is a sacred garment. It's your first and last garment; it is what you enter life in and what you depart life with, and it should be treated with honor!
  • The food you eat today dictates the body you have tomorrow.
  • The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
  • The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.
  • The program works when we work the program.
  • The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
  • The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.
  • The truth of the matter is that there's nothing you can't accomplish if: (1) You clearly decide what it is that you're absolutely committed to achieving, (2) You're willing to take massive action, (3) You notice what's working or not, and (4) You continue to change your approach until you achieve what you want, using whatever life gives you along the way.
  • The way to get things done is to quit talking and start doing!
  • There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
  • There are only two choices; make progress or make excuses.
  • There is no great success without great commitment.
  • There is no pleasure in life equal to that of the conquest of a vicious habit.
  • There is no such thing as maintaining. Each day, with every choice you make, you're either improving yourself or you're setting yourself back. What's it going to be today???
  • Those who indulge....Bulge!
  • Until you find what's making you eat so much, you're not going to make a lasting change.
  • View your problems as opportunities. When it is dark enough you can see the stars.
  • Walk like you know where you're going and what you're going to do when you get there. (Even if you don't have a clue!)
  • We all walk in the dark. And it is up to each one of us to turn on our own light
  • We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.
  • We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.

• What are you willing to do to get to where you want to be?
  • What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.
  • What your mind perceives to believe it achieves.
  • Whatever you are doing LOVE yourself for doing it.
  • Whatever you are feeling LOVE yourself for feeling it.
  • When I was ready to work on the inside, the outside came along for the ride.
  • When the world says, Give up, Hope whispers, Try it one more time.
  • When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
  • When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
  • When you take responsibility for your actions, you give yourself unmeasurable power.
  • Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.
  • WHO IS YOUR OPPONENT? Your opponent is never really the player on the other side of the net, or the swimmer in the next lane, or the team on the other side of the field, or even the bar you must high jump. Your opponent is YOURSELF, that negative internal voice, that deludes you! Your level of determination... Your continuing commitment to strategize and perfect your situation and most importantly the willingness to allow yourself the power to be in control of that voice.
  • Without faith, nothing is possible. With faith, nothing is impossible!
  • Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, live for today
  • You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.
  • You can’t change the past but you can change your future.
  • You can't lose weight by talking about it. You have to keep your mouth shut!
  • You get whatever you settle for.
  • You have everything you need to reach your goals, right inside you.
  • You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure.
  • You never find yourself until you face the truth.
  • You won't fail if you're not perfect, you'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.
  • You!, Scale! You will NOT beat me. Not this time.
  • Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down...
  • Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.
I have more, but I guess that'll do :D

What a fabulous thread, thank you I will print these tomorrow, I love motivational quotes!!

I wonder if we can make this thread a sticky??

Thanks K:)
These are fantastic! I'm going to make good use of them!
I've just noticed your weight loss on your ticker and its fantastic! It has really helped to spur me on as I have around this amount to lose. Its great to know that although I've got a mountain to climb there is someone who has already climbed that same summit and set up camp there.:)

Its great to know that although I've got a mountain to climb there is someone who has already climbed that same summit and set up camp there

And admiring the view :)

I started in Sept 2004, and I couldn't believe what a difference had already been made by Christmas. Suddenly people who didn't know I was dieting all started commenting on my weightloss. I was starting to search 'normal' shops for Christmas attire :) I had begun to feel like a normal person. Okay, I was still overweight, but not massively so.

It was a big boost.

Roll on Christmas for you, cos you are going to feel brilliant:cool: I could almost envy you;)

I haven't had time to read through all of these yet, but this is great thanks for posting it. It made me cry because so much of it is so true, it really made me feel like I can do this and get to just how I want to be, AND it made me think about the other things I need to change

Excellent Kati. If it helps just one person, it's been worth the post :)

What wonderful quotes

Thanks I have saved them into a word doc and will print out. Your weight loss is truly amazing, here I am a serial re-starter, at times I feel like giving up, but reading all the successful threads keeps me trying....................I will RE-START tomorrow (I think this is the 100th time I've written that), have 3 stone to lose........................................:confused:

Thanks I have saved them into a word doc and will print out. Your weight loss is truly amazing, here I am a serial re-starter, at times I feel like giving up, but reading all the successful threads keeps me trying....................I will RE-START tomorrow (I think this is the 100th time I've written that), have 3 stone to lose........................................:confused:

Doesn't matter how many times you write it .... just that you mean it when you do! One day will be the day that you restart and continue ................................. until there's 3 stone less of you.

Thanks Karion - I have saved and printed them out ... and will find a tub to put them in (bit like a fortune cookie jar!!!) and my clients and I can be inspired by them.

Back