Tips and Tricks on how to NOT binge eat.

LauraBabs

I eat when I'm bored. And I'm sick of seeing the scales move in the wrong direction!
What do you do to stop yourself eating?
At the moment I eat a bowl of Weetabix flakes with semi skimmed milk whenever I crave something...

HELP :(

When I first joined MiniMins, I'd jump on here and start posting at my weakest times - at night, after everyone else has gone to bed. Now, I just grab some fruit and start cutting it up to make a fruit salad. By the time I'm finished making it, I don't feel like having any of it, and then I've got some ready-made for if hunger strikes again later :)

SLEEP! :D

I made a rule to never eat when im on this site so I log on to here. Otherwise I have frozen maltesers in the ice cube tray ready for me, ww sugar free jelly always made up in the fridge, Aldi salsa (exactly same as doritos but 1/2 of the price) with ww tortila chips or baked crisps and dip them in, melba toast with humous or v low fat cheese spread and cucumber on the top, alway have a very large glass of water and if all else fails ring a friend and chat for half an hour and hopefully the craving would have gone - if not I also have the ww deserts in the freezer and skinny cow lollies! Good luck.

Mindfullnes;)

Be aware of eating, chew food very slowly so that you really taste and enjoy it; you'll feel full eating less if you eat/chew slowly :)

Warm herbal teas are great as well.

I have some fruit (pineapple slices my favourite) with 0point Jelly, or some frozen grapes, also find an apple, banana and a few blueberries with ww Yogurt on top does the trick if I don't want to eat anything cos I've eaten lots etc I have a hot bath, read or come on here/play games on facebook :D

I eat when I'm bored. And I'm sick of seeing the scales move in the wrong direction!
At the moment I eat a bowl of Weetabix flakes with semi skimmed milk whenever I crave something...

Read the article on here called 'Emotional Eating' then get really selfish:) Every time you feel that "OMG! I'M GOING TO DIE HUNGER" stop and really feel it. Sit down and have a drink of water and concentrate on the feeling. Within 2 minutes you will quickly realise you're not hungry at all, its your brain and habits playing with you. It will last for about 10 days and then the feeling is gone for good:) Just 10 days. You can do it:)

Read the article on here called 'Emotional Eating' then get really selfish:) Every time you feel that "OMG! I'M GOING TO DIE HUNGER" stop and really feel it. Sit down and have a drink of water and concentrate on the feeling. Within 2 minutes you will quickly realise you're not hungry at all, its your brain and habits playing with you. It will last for about 10 days and then the feeling is gone for good:) Just 10 days. You can do it:)

Where is that article hun? It sounds like it talks about mindfulness strategies.

x

Had to totally go to bed really early to stop binging the last two nights!

I try and drink atleast a pint of water if I start feeling hungry or go out for a walk. I think as soon as I think about my food, my mind tricks me into thinking I'm hungry, so I start having stomach rambles but I know I'm full. x

Don't have 'dangerous' stuff in the house,LauraBabs.

Evenings are worst for me. I am feeling the niggles at the moment but there is nothing suitable (sweet) to eat anywhere. I am not hungry, just want to scratch that itch lol.

Eating carbs makes me want more, it's a vicious circle, the last thing I want or need is to binge on them.

I love reading all the tips.

I usually have a cup or green tea or tea. It really takes the edge off the hunger. Also if I'm craving something naughty usually around 3pm I have an options hot chocolate. They are very sweet but very low in calorie and always help with the sugar cravings. I feel quite full after one and it ticks me over nicely till tea time. I also often have one after dinner instead of a pudding as I always feel I need to end dinner with something sweet.

Instead of cereal why dont you try a weight watchers or low fat yoghurt? They are really filling and aren't bad for you at all.

Xx

These are really great tips!! Thank you for posting this!! I do find that as soon as get on here, I'm not hungry any more! Good luck to you all!! :D

Totally failed on the whole binge today.
Went to Greggs (oops) and couldn't decide. So I got both. FELT soooo sick.

I started green veggie juicing

after a couple weeks, I had almost no cravings for coffee, bread, chocolate. I think I must have been lacking something.

Back