Tips for RTM?

hanmac

Getting her sparkle back
Hi everyone,
I'm on my final days of abstinence and am looking forward to RTM! Have been reading through old threads on this board trying to get as much information as possible, and am going to ask my LLC for the RTM books this week so I have time to read and digest them before the 1st of October (my RTM start date).

I've read Mrs Lards guide to RTM which was brilliant! But was just wondering if anyone else has any tips for RTM? Anything I should beware of?

xxx

Hi Hanmac...congrats!! Almost time!!

One thing I would say is prepare yourself for seeing movement on the scale, both up and down. There will be weeks when you will gain - because you are replenishing your glycogen. DON'T PANIC!!! But it is very alarming when it happens - especially if its the first gain since you started. Just be prepared for it, accept it and realise it not fat, etc.

As the weeks advance, include a lot of variety - try different things. Try things you did not use to like - you may find you like them now - our pallettes can change a lot while in Abstinance.

Avoid things you used to LOVE for the time being - unless they are healthy things.... ;)

Relax, and enjoy the process - and don't stress about the scales. :)

xx

I started Rtm today :D so as the days go by any tips I pick up along the way I'll try and post them. Congrats on almost finishing abstinence :)

And as Blond Logic says try things that you would never normally try or thought you never liked. I was convinced that I hated fish but for my first meal I had tuna and enjoyed it...although after 5 months of not eating... I may have eaten anything :D

Good Luck x

Thank you both for your lovely comments!
Had my weigh in last night and lost 6ibs so have decided with my LLC to move into RTM today, am very excited for my first meal tonight :) Am planning to have salmon as I feel like a chicken breast might be a tad plain until I can start adding spices on Sunday.
Am looking forward to trying new food, and spent last night reading the big blue book!
xxx

Great Hannah,
You've arrived.Enjoy the next stage.
Good luck with RTM. You won't regret doing it, I'm sure. x
:eatdrink051::happy096:

Back