tips on organising your shopping

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
I'm having such trouble getting my act together, do any of you have any tricks you use to put together a weekly menu and shop list? I always end up spending gobs more money than I should and I'm back at the shops to buy things I forgot, I'm just basically chaotic. I'd love to have some inside information on a system that works and isn't too hard to work up??

Buy as much frozen as u can, its a lot cheaper for eg chicken pieces/fillets, the same for fish and seafood. Tesco are good for the 3 for £10 on both fresh meat and fish. When u get to cruise get in loadsa frozen veg, already chopped and doesnt take ad long to cook!

It is easy to forget things, you find u run out coz the dates in dairy etc isnt brilliant. These are just things i found!

with dairy I find that the Total yoghurt has quite lengthy dates? But I always reach for the ones at the back or underneath lol for long dates :)

At first I used to prepare a menu plan for the week and then do my shopping list from that. Now I've found what I like to eat best so my shopping list is the same most weeks.

DeeCe said:
with dairy I find that the Total yoghurt has quite lengthy dates? But I always reach for the ones at the back or underneath lol for long dates :)

Yucky stuff lol

Zoesastar said:
Yucky stuff lol

With plenty sweetener its better!!!

xeilidhx said:
With plenty sweetener its better!!!

Takes me an hour to eat one of the small pots mixed with oatbran and sweetner! Lol

Takes me an hour to eat one of the small pots mixed with oatbran and sweetner! Lol

Add some flavouring? There's some pretty yummy ones on lowcarbmegastore apparently, or some of the Dukan ones sound good - passionfruit might be nice in yoghurt. I like to add SF jelly crystals to greek yoghurt as I find the taste so grim!

CaledoniaDreaming said:
Add some flavouring? There's some pretty yummy ones on lowcarbmegastore apparently, or some of the Dukan ones sound good - passionfruit might be nice in yoghurt. I like to add SF jelly crystals to greek yoghurt as I find the taste so grim!

Do u just mix the jelly crystals in straight from the pack? I dont suppose u need the whole pack do u?

I check offers on mysupermarket and try and base meals round those, when I'm being organised :D
I dont plan a full week of meals as it makes me feel too hemmed in, but make sure I have enough breakfast, lunches, dinners, plus a spare or 2.

Back