Tired, hungry and just a bit down :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by AngelicFruitcake, 23 August 2011 Social URL.

1. AngelicFruitcake

AngelicFruitcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(8.15%)
    Have been back on SW for a couple of months now and have been taking it slowly, not being too strict but trying to stick to plan through the week and letting myself have a bit of space on the weekend when I need to. The numbers have been going down, slowly, and I was happy as I was approaching the next weight bracket....

But then I went to a festival this weekend and in the space of 4 days I am back to the weight I was 5 weeks ago! I know I have been taking it slow and I know that it is always easier to put weight on than get it off but I am so so disappointed. I am trying to get back on track today but I am so hungry! I feel like I don't want to have something with a couple of syns in like I have been doing because I will need to save my syns for the weekend if I can make this work again and speed it up.

I'm just so tired from the weekend as well and I'm feeling really down and disillusioned :cry:

Can anyone give me any words of encouragement/tips for getting rid of this gain?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    what have you had so far for breakfast/lunch? how about a superfree piece of fruit or a mullerlight?

have you had your hex a and b?

x

4. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm sure your "gain" will be only temporary due to the type of food you've eaten whilst away. For me eating off plan leads to temporary water retention due to a higher salt & fat content, alcohol and, ironically enough, not drinking enough water.

My advice - put it behind you, drink lots of water to flush out your system and the weight will come off again.

5. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I agree with Leapfrog, it will only be a temporary gain/bloat. Stick with it, make sure you have your HEX's and superfree and free foods, and it will come flying off soon enough! :) The fact that you are on here, telling us all, means that you don't want to give up on it all! :)

6. AngelicFruitcake

AngelicFruitcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(8.15%)
    Thanks guys :) I'm really hoping you're right about it being water-retention/not a "real" gain because of the awful foods I've eaten causing me to bloat etc.

I have been good today, I had a coconut mullerlight with a banana for breakfast, ham and cheese salad sandwich on wholemeal for lunch (hex A and B there!) then had another mullerlight after posting this thread to try and perk me up a bit. Not as good as fruit I know but I didn't have any at work. Oh I had an alpen light this morning too, but thats only 3.5 syns. I think I will make a comforting yet syn-free tea tonight like chilli or bolognase padded out with loads of veg.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.