Tired, hungry & want to quit.

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
Day 2 and I am miserable today. I'm posting to moan and hopefully get it out of my head. My brain is coming up with loads of reasons to quit, and the day hasn't gone as planned. I've been in and out of cafés waiting for people and have ended up having 3 skinny lattes, all small, but still. I'm not hungry which is good, but I'm tired and grumpy.

I haven't had any other dairy, so I reckon I'm okay, but it does seem a bit excessive. Feeling rubbish. Hanging on in there still.

If anyone has any motivation or positivity, could you send a little to me, please?

Stick with it - you said yourself you're not hungry - it's just your brain playing mind games - think how proud of yourself you will be tomorrow when you get up and know you've stuck to it - whenever I had a little wobble I used to say to myself "nothing tastes as good as being slim feels" - you can do it - kick the doubts into touch and tell yourself you CAN do this xxx

Thank you so much for your support. Ummm, not sure what I'm doing now... I had a blip tonight in the form of a courgette and some mushrooms (with my steak). I think I can count this as a pv day and go back to pp tomorrow?

I am amazed how much better I feel after a good steak and a little veg! It's a funny thing to cheat on, I must admit. I thought if I fell off the wagon it'd be for chocolate, not a courgette...

I think you should be really proud of your self-control, you knew you were struggling today but sensibly ate a wee bit of veg and some good protein. Well done you. Some days are tougher than others, could you look back on today and come up with ideas to combat a future day like it? Lots of hanging around in cafes - could you carry a small bottle of skimmed milk to add to your coffee? Have it black? Maybe have a herbal tea instead? I find taking my kids into cafes really tough as I sit there with my black Americano eyeing up their juice and cake lol! Good luck for tomorrow x

Well, I gave it a go, but I'm sort of sad, but sort of happy to say I'm off! Dukan is a diet that clearly works for many people, and I'll be sticking to some of the principle - definitely low carb and upping my protein is the way forward - but I'm looking for a longer term low carb solution and this isn't it for me. If I don't succeed on my new journey I'll definitely give it another go. I lost 3lbs in 2 days (and I cheated yesterday!) which is not to be sniffed at.

I reckon I'm going to try a halfway house between dukan and Atkins - where I'm not adding fat to literally everything, but I'll have allowed veg. Or is that cruise? Hmmm...

anyway, the people here are lovely, warm, helpful and friendly...so thank you. And I wish you speedy weight loss. I will continue to read about your journeys if you don't mind. Good luck!

You gave it a go - dukan does not suit everyone - good luck on finding a diet that suits you - I'm sure you will - keep popping on here and let us know how you're getting on xx I tried slimming world and could not do that one yet I know there's loads of people that have lost absolutely loads on it - you will have to find a diet that suits your eating habits and lifestyle xx good luck for your future weight loss xx

Scooter's right, we have to find the right way of eating for us whatever suits other people. I binge on Weight Watchers as give me a tiny bit of caramel shortcake and I cave and snarf everything! Good luck on your weight-loss journey.

Scooter's right, we have to find the right way of eating for us whatever suits other people. I binge on Weight Watchers as give me a tiny bit of caramel shortcake and I cave and snarf everything! Good luck on your weight-loss journey.

That's so me cd!!! That's why dukan suits me great as its no chocolate at all!!!! If I'm on a diet that allows you a bit of chocolate its no good as once I taste it I'm hooked and eat loads of it!!! I'm better going cold turkey on all my trigger foods!!! Which is exactly what dukan did for me and that's why it worked for me

Back