Attack To all the Newbies...

Karen A

Dukan is a great great way to loose weight and create a new self !!!!

You will have a few days of your body getting adjusted but stick with it and there will be less of you in the coming months :)
Dukan has changed my life..I now have the tools to reach and stay thin the rest of my life.
By the 3rd day I was completely convinced this was not for me..and with lots of mental support here & from friends & family it all smoothed out and the magic started to happen to this ol'body.

So Good Luck & Welcome to Dukan
Karen

Thank you Karen, I like you love this diet I call it a new way of life. After losing 40 lbs I feel like a new guy. I have new clothes new look and love being me. My friends at work cant believe the weight I have lost. I am so glad I found this forum it helps a lot and I hope I can help others in return.

Peter.

Thanks Karen!
Its so lovely to hear your encouraging words!
Im on day 2 of attack and feel very positive and this forum really helps you stay motivated!!
xx

Lovely post Karen. We do try to be supportive and helpful over here :D

Thanks Karen for your words of wisdom - this is my 7th day and still feeling rough around the edges. This forum & the experienced dukaners are 'GREAT'. I have learned so much from here in the past few days :))

Thanks Karen, have stalled for a few days now and was just having one of those moments where you think, 'Oh I'm fed up, I'm never going to lose this weight' etc... Your post has given me renewed vigour and enthusiasm x Good woman yourself!!!

Thanks so much Karen. I'm on my 9th day and 3rd day on cruise. I've already dropped an impressive amount of weight in my first week which has been such a motivation to keep going and I'm loving the diet. I love the food and I finally got my galette recipe right today and enjoyed it!!! Yay!

Your words r very encouraging.

Your welcome :)
The mental side of any changes a person makes....is the hardest.
Growing up I was my Grandmother's charge while Mom & Dad worked. Yes, my Mom was a career woman way back then. I've heard this from her since time began... "Just set your mind to it...and you can do anything" She was extremely strong and instilled that strength in a family.

Our bodies go through a sort of withdrawal from what were were putting into it. But once you get all that out of you & on the Dukan path you should have loads of energy. Plus as your body changes a new found sense of self..as the saying goes.

Remember Patience is your friend :):)

Couldn't agree more Karen- the Dukan diet made me mindful of what I put into my body and after a few weeks the cravings for fatty creamy foods and a glass or 2 of wine after work were gone. I lost 22pounds in 12 weeks and then maintained it for 3 months in the consolidation phase... Until my holiday in Greece where I ate and drank anything and everything and put on 6.5 pounds in 3 weeks! A great reminder of what those bad eating habits do to me. Back in attack phase as of today and looking forward to losing those extra pounds plus a few more to get to my true weight. My advice to all those starting out is to stick to it- it gets easier. And if you can, treat yourself to more expensive cuts of lean meat and fish- my favorites are scotch fillet and salmon steaks- and lashings of smoked salmon on my breakfast galette a couple of times a week. I justify the expense by looking at how much I save by preparing every meal myself- no takeaways, lunches from the canteen, dinners out or bottles of wine.

Back