To BBQ or not to BBQ?

JoolsG

So the family have been invited out to a BBQ this Thursday and I'm struggling with what to do.

This is day 5 of CD, I'm SS, and I don't feel like I want to go for a number of reasons. Firstly I don't know if I would be able to stay strong with all those yummy BBQ smells - there is something so overwhelmingly tempting about the smell of fried onions! Secondly I don't want to have to tell people why I'm not eating, some people can be very supportive, some just bring you down with their negativity. And I also my first weigh in is the next day and I don't want to mess that up.

Thing is I know my husband would like to go. I've suggested he goes alone with the children but he says it's not the same without me. He's said he understands and that to support me we'll make some excuse and not go. But I'm known in my social circle for being anti-social (it's the weight thing - I never go out much because I think all people see is a fat person) but this time it isn't that - I just want to look after myself and give this diet the best chance.

What would you all do? How do you handle social situations?

hey jools!
arrgghh thats a toughie - could you go and take some chicken breasts with you and have a small chicken breast a tiny bit of green salad so you would have an ss+ day?
or if you can fill your plate up and the run off and play with the kids while hubby secretly eats your food!!!
or go along - stay strong and say thank you the food looks lovely but i'm just not hungry at the moment but i'll grab something in a minute.
dont know if thats much help - but a few ideas!! hope it works out for you
Lola x

Its one single BBQ after you are finished and at goal you can go BBQ's every other week if you want :), just be strong stay away and be happy in the thought that a few months out of your entire life will change it permanently and for the better

Yeah i agree its too hard in the first few weeks babe. Why cant your husband go and im sure he will enjoy it xx

It really depends how strong you are/feel. You could do SS+ for that day without it affecting your weight loss.

But if you think you would give in to temptation then it's probably best to stay away.

Could you pretend to be ill?

Good luck x

Thanks guys, have decided not to go tonight as I just don't know whether I could cope with it. As you say it's only one BBQ and I'm sure there will be others in the future, but this is for me and I have to look after myself (something I'm not good at) and it will be easier to stay home.

Will try and persuade hubby to go with the kids though - if only for a couple of hours peace and quiet!!! Lol

Good for you hun do something for YOU xx

Back