to drink or not to drink?

jennyc

Silver Member
hi there
well,im faced with a tough one this weekend...my friends hen party..i cant wait,but am dreadin the whole food and drink thing..il be stayin in a hotel,fri sat and sun..a full weekend of it..so on friday il get away with the meal,il make some excuse up..and follow them to the pub for drinks,i was thinking on the second nite, i wont get away with it agan,so il allow myself a salad with chicken or fish...but the major question is?should i drink? id die if i put on any of the weight i lost...so its really just the sat..do u think i would put on that much weight if i drank vodka and tonic slim or diet coke? thanks for listening... x jen

There are posts on here about the danger of drinking in ketosis as your body is already under a lot of pressure- I advise you read them.

However both times I've done it and had one night out where I have had 6 drinks with a slimline- been fine other than hungover the next day and lost weight- but please be warned that it can be risky...

thanks for your replys..iv been thinking,i doubt people will notice that im not drinking anyway..il be drinking sparkling water.:)

Hi Jenny my niece's 21st is on Saturday & to be honest iv been dreading it.. But as I'm getting stronger each day on this it's not bothering me.. I'll drink sparkling water out of a wine glass & bonus I can drive ;)

hey guys iv decided im going to do 2 shakes and ne evening meal..who am i kidding..the gruop of girls im going with will be no support,and im not strong enough to do it..iv no wilpower.im goin to start my lt again on monday proerly no cheating.100% it cant be good for my body what im doing cheatng and restarting and id have to do it all again next week,i was weak again today,so im not gona fool myself anymore,il eat protein no carbs..and just be really careful....i think its better than the way im going.... thanks for the support x

If you eat protein and no carbs youll still be in ketosis though so you still have the problem with alcohol. If youre going to have drink you need to have carbs, get out of ketosis, then have your 2 nights out and start afresh. DONT have protein only for goodness sake if youre having alcohol... youre endangering your health.

thanks for the advise,il take that on board....

Back