To Ellie1969 or anyone who can help me with her muffin recipe?

MrsHop

HI,

Ive been doing some experimentation with muffin recipes and have seen a few posts that say Ellie1969 has a good recipe. I have tried searching for it but cant find it anywhere. Can someone help me out?

Thanks
Sarah
x

Hi I'm not sure of Ellie's but I've managed to perfect on that I love if you want a bash at it? Finally a constituency of not too soggy not to dry lol I have cut it down to making 3 a day as I don't find they keep well in batches of 6 but you could freeze them

I use as follows:

6 tablespoons of oat bran
5 tablespoons of sweetner
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 egg
5 tablespoons of yogurt (or a full toffee mullet light yogurt if making toffee flavor)

Mix all together and put in 3 muffin cases for 30 mins at 180 fan assisted

You could also make 6 smaller ones to have 2 a day but I love how huge these are as a treat with tea!

You can add any flavor you want to it or carrot and cinnamon to make carrot cake.

Again everyone has different ways and tastes so you can adjust to suit. I love my daily muffin with tea!!!

Hope this helps!

Xxx

my recipe is,
4 tbsp of oatbran
2 tbsp of wheatbran
3tbsp sweetener
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 eggs
5 tbsp yoghurt
and whatever flavouring you fancy

i usually just bung everything in the bowl and whisk then put into a 6 mould silicone muffin tin bake at 200 for 20 mins

HI there
Don't know how Ellie makes hers but I do the following:-
4 tablespoons oatbran
2 tablespoons wheatbran
6 tablespoons skimmed milk powder
6 desertspoons sweetner
4 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
vanilla essence
1 muller light toffee or vanilla
3 tablespoons quark
Whisk all together and put into two silicone muffin moulds (makes 12 muffins) bake for 25 - 30 mins at 160 leave to cool!! I eat four a day and they stay in the fridge and last for days!!!! Everyone does different ones!!! You can add any flavour you want I sometimes do cocoa or caramel syrup (sugar free) or rhubarb and ginger

Ooh, excited to see these recipes, thanks - I tried my first batch a few days ago and they were pretty dense. (As in heavy, I couldn't possibly comment on their intelligence levels....)

Hi by the way, I'm new here - started Dukan last Sunday and it's been great so far. Will be even better when I master some of this baking though! And I"m still finding my way round these posts and everything, so hope I'm not speaking out of turn here...

Joodle

Welcome to Dukan and let us know how tour muffins turn out. I could never get them to even resemble something that a person would enjoy eating.

Joodle said:
I"m still finding my way round these posts and everything, so hope I'm not speaking out of turn here...

Joodle

No chance, Joodle! The more the merrier :D

P x

Thanks for the welcome you guys! And Ellie, I just took a batch of your muffin recipe (lemon flavour) out of the oven. Have tasted one yet (had my oat bran for today, am such a saint for resisting ;)) but they look approximately 1000 times better than my first attempt. Will report back on taste tomorrow! Jx

Those muffins tasted pretty good! Way better than my first attempt, am pleased! Mind you, I'm not sure I'd have been saying that 10 days ago when I was happily eating all the carbs in the world, but they definitely hit the spot now my life is carb-free! I added some lemon zest along with some lemon flavouring (please don't tell me the zest isn't allowed...) so they tasted pretty lemony. I'm still getting used to the slight aftertaste you get from artificial sweeteners (using Stevia) but even so, they were a welcome addition to my breakfast.

Thanks for sharing!

J

i notice some of the recipes call for wheat bran. is that officially allowed? i'm going to try my first batch with just oat bran and see how it goes. my only worry is that i'll want to eat the entire batch on Day 1!

I'm still getting used to the slight aftertaste you get from artificial sweeteners (using Stevia)...
I thought that Stevia and Splenda were 'natural' artificial sweeteners (if that's even possible! :confused:). I use liquid stevia and splenda powder and even my hubby seems ok with the taste - whereas he can usually spot aspartame, etc. right away. but maybe it's just in my head?

Hmm!! I'm a bit confused about the whole sweetener thing to be honest. I don't think any of them are entirely natural but yes, Stevia does derive from a plant. But presumably a few things have to happen to it to transform it from plant to sachet of white powder? Same could be said of normal sugar mind you!

Think aspartamine and saccharine are meant to be worse for after-taste than some of the others so if you're not noticing anything with the ones you're using, then great! And I certainly wouldn't say the after taste from Stevia is completely unpleasant, I just do taste something. Although that could be in my head too! Jx

no, if you're used to using sugar, then i'm sure stevia/splenda still tastes a little different. i'm just lucky i'm used to the 'nastier' ones, so for me this is a big improvement :)

Haha! Give me a week, I'll probably be eating it straight from the tub ;)

Haha! Give me a week, I'll probably be eating it straight from the tub ;)
LOL - reminds me of a posting I saw about oatbran. the dukaner couldn't stand it in the beginning, but within a few days found themselves eating it out the box! :D

Haha! What next? Slurping raw egg yolks straight from the egg box?
Oh dear, I've just made myself feel a bit ill...

Wow... How funny to see all those old posts! The days before I discovered muffins :)

Thought I would bump some of the recipes that can be lifesavers lol !!! ;-) especially the muffins which I think are a must on dukan!!!!

Back