Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

To Good to be True? I'm not convinced!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by laurawalker85, 29 July 2011 Social URL.

1. laurawalker85

laurawalker85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Morning all,

Its my 4th day on SW doing original days which I am really enjoying and finding quite easy to follow. Now I know I shouldnt have but I took a sneak peek at the scales this morning and claims I have lost 7lbs! How the hell is that possible in 4 days? I'm thinking I may have to get some new scales as I dont feel like I have lost that much?

Has anyone else lost alot in that time or agree with me that this is impossible!! Argghh!! I will wait til Monday for the full week and see if there is any difference. X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Are they the same scales you weighed in on, on day 1 and have you done any other diet recently?

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Weight fluctuates all through the week - its best not to hop on home scales.

A better approach is to see how your clothes feel and how they fit, as you lose the weight.

Hope you get a good result on your official weigh in though.

x

5. laurawalker85

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah are the exactly the same scales from day one and weighed in the same place and the same way (in my pj's). I have switched from WW to SW but in between switching I was eating quite badly on and off.
    Fingers crossed for Monday, I hope it doesnt change! X

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If youve not gone straight from one diet to another then you probably will have a good week one loss but as Ellebear says regular weigh ins are a bad idea because your weight fluctuates so much....

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I hopped on and off the scales last week. I weighed 13 0.5 on Thursday night (weigh in) by Saturday i was 13.6, then Sunday i was 13.0.5 again, then Monday back up and last night i was 13.2.5 - so as i said, weight really fluctuates!!!

Stick to plan, but dont be upset if on weigh day it isnt 7lbs loss.

x

8. laurawalker85

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah, I've already prepared myself for that as I'm not convinced with that loss anyway. Just wanted to see other peoples experiences. Oh well, we will see Monday! X

9. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

yeah good luck - i hope you get a great result x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.