To gym or not to gym - question

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by lardass, 24 July 2006.

1. lardass

lardass Well-Known Member

Has anyone been going to the gym whilst doing CD, only i went on friday (day 5) and next day felt rough and really hungry.
  2. james_mummy

james_mummy Banned

I went about the same time as you and felt well rough afterwards.

Apparently you can go and tone up which I plan to do when I return from hols.

3. lardass

I suppose when you think about it on avereage i burn about 200 calories on cardio machines which whilst on VLCD is quite alot out of daily intake.

I will try a bit of toning or some swimming this week.

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Really be careful at a gym guys!

Ideal on VLCD's are toning, swimming, walking, pilates, yoga and generally being active.

You haven't the energy to go banging it out on a treadmill / exercise bike etc so please take care!

5. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

I go to JJB gym 3 x per week, and have a pogramme which is reviewed every three weeks. My body fat oercentag is measured and I have only positive things to say about it. I am a lot stronger, and feel marvellous. As always, enlist help, and do whatvthey tell you!
    I do cross trainder 10 mins, rowing machine 5 mins, treadmill cross country 15 mins, bike up hills 15 mins, and 8 lots of diffeent wights. I also do 6 lengths of swimming. I do all thins 3 x per week. Ann x
    PS, on the days I don't to the gym. I do 1 mile at 3.6 mph on my treadmill at home.
  6. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

I am a big fan of trying to make your normal day more active rather than going down the gym. My pedometer rarely shows under 10,000 steps these days and I want to increase that still further.

This way I don't need to think about trying to work activity into my day because on the days I forget I won't be as active and after I lose the weight I'll be more likely to put the weight back on.

I think the gym will be useful for toning and classes as long as it is not relied on for general fitness.

I have found the LL resistence band great for toning at home even though it stinks!
  7. tulips

tulips Regular Member

I go to David LLoyd gym 3 x per week.:D

Once with a personal trainer for an hour.

Once to go swimming.

Once to go into the gym to go on the bike/treadmill/cross trianer and toning machines.

Also use my Slendertone belt every night for an hour! I WILL have abs of steel...I WILL I WILL I WILL!!!! :rolleyes:

I've never noticed a great loss or gain if I sweat it out at the gym, but as IceMoose said, you must be careful! Don't overwork your bodies. Do the exercises which suit your lifestyles!
  8. lardass

That reminds me to go and put slendertone on

Thanks for the advice
  9. lardass

I also belong to David LLoyd and am looking forward to getting back into it, in week 1 i went and felt dizzy and funny after so i have had a break and will resume next week.
  10. lardass

I managed the gym today :eek: :eek: :eek:

After i went the other day and made myself feel a bit peculiar i took it easier than usual and so far i feel great.

I aim to go 3 times this week, the wedding i'm going to is getting closer.
  11. tulips

tulips Regular Member

Very well done! Get into that routine and it won't be a chore!

Don't overdo it though and keep your water up!
  12. lardass

I will thanks at last i will justify the david lloyd membership fee, at the moment it is an expensive swim for the kids !!!!
  13. Candl22

Candl22 Banned

Hi all

Tomorrow is Monday :))) New week !!! and I will be posting my complete food diary and; daily weight .

Will be weighing every morning after toilet and will post weight and food diary every evening .

Anyone in??