to shop or not to shop....

JulesyR

I am off to the big apple in two weeks - and am 10lbs off where I wanted to be. My big plan was to completely revamp my wardrobe (I am currently surviving on hand me downs from friends) but as I am so far from where I want to be I am having a dilemma!

Shall I buy tight stuff? Should I just limit myself to a few bits?? Or shall I resort to my old "clothes" shopping habits and buy shoes and handbags??

Realistically I am at most going to loose 3lbs before I go.....:sigh:

Wow, whats all this sighing about! .. Youv done amazingly well and i believed you deserve that new wardrobe! I suggest you buy a few items in the size you are now and a few items in a size below. (if your wanting to drop another dress size that is, im just assuming)

Somtimes its difficult to appreciate how far we'v come when were in old clothes. Dont miss the enjoyment of the journey, by focusing to much on the end result. Go enjoy, you deserve it.. Avoid those shoes and handbags (although i cant talk, i LOVE shoes and handbags) but dont buy them just because you cant find an item of clothing, you can.. you just have to look, and try it on rather than walk on past! xx

thank you! You are right - I am still amazed when I realised my hand me down trousers are actually only a 12. I think I will go for the few bits that fit now and a few the size down. And if I change shape again dramatically I shall just have to go back! :D

Yeah hun, just go shopping, you're in New York for crying out loud!

I agree with Fern and Vixxter - also it will depend on what you actually see when you're there - if you see something fabulous in the next size down just buy it!!!! You'll only regret it if you don't and you can't nip back to shop if you change your mind lol!

Mind you the last time I was there some years ago I gained about 1/2 a stone! These days I'm sure there'll be healthy options -should you want them!

Whatever you decide to buy ..... enjoy the experience! Don't get too caught up in what number the label has on it! Remember the sizes ARE different over there anyways! Just look for things that you like, and that fit you, and you feel good in! Sometimes 10lbs doesn't actually mean a size drop ..... not for me anyroads! Have a fantastic time, and well done on the weightloss to date!

I go over at least once a year - I'm lucky enough to have 3 really good friend who live there. The £390 is for "new" goods - which if you have worn them before you come back they no longer are! :)

Size wise it seems strange - I took ages to get from an loose 18 to an ok 16 but only 4lbs to get from a 14 to a snug 12! I shall just have to enjoy it and not worry too much.

thank you everyone for your input! xx

Back