To weigh or not to weigh?!

*butterfly*

Silver Member
Just wondering what most of you do? Do you weigh at home or wait till your cdc meet? I have to confess, I cannot keep off the things - they're like a magnet in my bathroom which I'm drawn to like a moth round a lightbulb almost every time I go in there. (Which with all this water is ridiculously often!)
Just cannot believe a loss is showing already, but not sure if this is such a healthy habit really....besides, will cost me a small fortune in batteries! xx

I'm so obsessed with scales that my OH hid them and I went straight out and bought new ones - even to the point of weighing before and after a poo !!!

Now my husband has hidden two sets of scales (both of which i know where they are) BUT as it requires a high level of effort to get them by which time I've forgotton what I weighed previously I try not to go on them very often - usually just the day I'm getting weighed !!

My advice would be let the battery wear out and don't replace it. For me if I've gained I avoid going to my CDC (I go on different days as I work shifts) and if I've lost then I think I can eat rubbish and cheat either way its not good for me.....!!

Having said that there is a set under my desk at work..............:)

My advice would be avoid, avoid, avoid - alternatively try to weigh once a day and whatever the dial says ignore it.

with love

For most of CD i've weighed myself every morning untill this week. I put the scales away and i'm happier than ever. i don;t intend on weighing myself for a while yet. Found it got demotivating and now i focus on the positives instead.

Gosh scale hopping all day is painful as you're watching your natural fluctuating weight change. Not good for the soul hun. I;d always weigh on day of wi so i'm prepared for official weighin. xxx

Hey
Im so with you on this!!
When I first started cdc I was on and off all day when I got up when I went to the toilet, when I ate something I was obsessed..
Now 20 weeks later I tend to get on in the morning and sometimes evening.... but only count my loss on wi day with my cdc..
You can drive yourself a bit mad but its good to have them as far as Im concerned I couldnt live without them lol x

Hey, I've weighed myself this week. My CDC comes to me and hers weigh me lighter, whilst my own weigh me 4lbs heavier. Therefore we agreed to use mine as they are they ones I will be using when I maintain. It's personal choice, but in the first week, it's fun to weigh yourself, as the losses spur you on x

Hi im a fellow scale hopper although tends to be just once a day now! Can get a bit obsessive and can change your mood for that day if you have stayed the same and have been 100% it can be soul destroying, but in the end its entirely up to you whether to keep them or ditch them my dear xxx

I'm terrible with my scales, hoping on them all throughout the day, keep saying i'm going to get rid of them but I can't bring myself to do it, I wish I had the strength to just wait until WI day!!

I'm terrible! At first I didn't weigh myself at all. Then I would a few times a week. Now I do it every day, sometimes every time I go to the bathroom! This week they've barely moved at all. It's partly my fault as there were two days where I had meals out, and while I would have stayed within the 1000 calories, my choices weren't really the best ones. And it's my totm. Which may or may not be a part of it!

I used to tell myself it's not the most important thing, and the scales sat there gathering dust..

..then I read an article about people who go from clinically obese and unfit, to having a healthy, fit, and slim life/body
..and then maintain their healthy/fit/slim life/body for several years..

..they have some similar habits..

one of the habits they tend to have in common is that they weigh themselves somewhere between once a week to once a day.. no more but no less..

(although it says they are doing this now, even if they've stayed healthy/slim/fit for several years now - doesn't say how it relates to the time they were going through the original weight loss)

Well! Now I'm on them all the b***dy time!! Hahaha!! :D I'm sure it's no good for me.. but I really enjoy it! I still cant believe they don't say 16 something or 15 something.. like they did for so many years..

maybe I should take a break from them.. once a week is ample, and anyway, there's other more important stuff, like:

my knee's not hurting so much
I have more energy
I'm enjoying my body more
I'm liking myself more
I'm less burdened by worrying what other people think of me
I'm fitting into clothes I actually like
I'm not out of breath
I'm less depressed/worried about my health when I hear stats about obesity and heart attacks/cancer etc..
I'm enjoying the compliments
I'm hopeful for my future
I'm having more fun, being more active, and loving my life again!

..these are the things I actually care about.. the numbers are just a symbol of this, not the main point.. it could be any numbers really.. could be clothes size, inches around my tummy.. BMI.. my OH has been following which boxing category I'm in! Haha - Felt great knowing I no longer qualify for heavy weight Hahaha!! ..but they're all just numbers at the end of the day, and what I'm actually enjoying is getting my life back! :D

Vxx

im on my wii fit every day i just cant help it, i really wish i could just wait until wi day then i would get a nice surprise .... i wonder if anyone doesnt weigh themselves x

I wouldn't go from the wii fit weight though, they're not very accurate! Mine would just a stone in 5 minutes!!

I too started off weighing myself everyday but now wait for my weekly weigh in with my cdc.
I got really disheartend when I got on mine the day before weigh and was 2lbs lighter than I was on my cdc's scales so I'm not doing it anymore!
It's coming off that's all I need to know really!!

Thanks everyone, given me food for thought... I suppose at the moment its a useful thing in one sense, as seeing the loss spurs me on. But like you've said, that could work the opposite way when it slows down. Think I'll try to cut it down a bit though! xx

When I was doing LT I weighed myself every morning and every evening, I have tried not to do that since swapping to CD, not cos I think it's bad, just to see if I can stop doing it!
So will try and wait til I get weighed on wed!
However, I think sometimes the weighing at home can be a good thing as it can give you a little boost to see you have dropped a pound or 2 if you are struggling!

Dont get the whole weighing thing at home :confused:

My smaller sizes are fitting so im obviously losing. Must do ya brain in going from one scales to another :(

My CDC's scales are the only ones i go by once a week on a tuesday lol

Back