To whom it may concern

This is the kebab recipe i used the other night - i nicked it from slimming world but omitted the flour etc.
there are some carbs in the spices etc but this easily made enough to split between four people so i dont think it would be too bad. I ate two portions ( in one night lol) and still had a weight loss lol.

i think i baked mine for too long (about 1hour 20) and it came out a bit dry so I'd probably try putting it in for an hour initially and then keep checking it. I'm also toying with the idea of putting some extra oil or something in next time to try to make it a bit more moist. (Like I said it's a slimming world recipe and they haven't discovered the joys of eating fat yet :). ) That said, apart from the fact it wasn't greasy enough the flavour was pretty much spot on.

1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp Italian herbs
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
500 g mince (preferably lamb but I used beef and it was fine)

heat oven to gas mark 4 / 180c

Chuck everything in a bowl, beat the hell out of it ( preferably with your fists - good for getting rid of agression lol) until no air pockets remain and the mixture is smooth.

Put in a loaf tin and bake for about an hour or until the juices run clear.

leave to stand for 10 minutes then slice thinly.

i served mine in egg wraps with salad and mayo - yummy

Never thought of that but I guess any non - lean mince would work.

I agree turkey breast mince can come out dry because its so lean but I think leg/ thigh mince might be nice. I'd be interested to know how it turns out x

Just mentioned to my boyfriend that I was looking at a recipe for donner kebab and his ears pricked up. Think I'm committed now! Might do it weds as we're both out tomorrow night.

Thanks for the recipe :eek:

Hahaha my hubby was really excited about this recipe too. I had to fight him for the leftovers lol x

Yesterday I had to take my mother to see her doctor, she has breast cancer and spread to her bones. They informed us it has now spread to her liver. As a family we where devastated. I did not turn to food, but did have a few cigarettes (senseless turning to smoking when someone has cancer I know) x but it was either that or Ben and Jerry's my mum is an emotional eater also, but she is slimmer so not a massive problem x so I was saintly with food but not so saintly with Marlboro lights.

Breakfast nothing very rushed
Lunch weather spoons I had the gammon and egg, I asked by the till not to give me the chips or peas x so when it arrived I had an extra egg and tomato on my ate x pleased as I thought I may not resist a chip on my plate.
Dinner a silly amount of wine and a chicken and leaf salad with mayo so not ideal with wine etc but yesterday was tough so won't apologise x xxx

Oh sweetheart I am so very sorry to hear your news, and I would be right there with ciggies and vino (having been in the same situation with my mum).

The biggest of big hugs, PM me at any time if you want to talk, and let us know if there's anything any of us can do xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah susie sorry to hear about your mum. It is truly a rubbish place to be x 6 years ago my brother passed away in a car accident, 6 months later my sister lost her 7 year battle with breast cancer, so it's a bit like history repeating itself x my mum was not compliment with medication due to a serve case of depression x now she feels so much guilt about leaving me now x I try and reassure her it could have spread even if she had had treatment but to be honest who knows x during my sisters illness she was such a strong positive woman, she fought it until the last, she was truly inspirational, so it's really sad to see my mum going through it all also x brings back such upsetting memories x we went to the crem yesterday after finding out and all had a good cry!! But today is another day and I need to think how best to make what time she has left as good as possible. X need to make lots more memories with her x starting Saturday, she is my date to friend wedding x

Meg you poor love, you have suffered so much tragedy, I just want to give you a big hug xxxxx

But you are right to think about making the most of what time she has left - I gave up my job and went back to NZ to be with my mum until the end, and it was worth every moment. Find out stuff like her favourite colour, her favourite film, her first boyfirend, stuff like that, because you will want to know later. A friend of mine did an audio project with his mum when she was ill - just lots of memories of growing up and happy times in her life. Wish I'd thought of that, I would give anything to hear my mum's voice now.

And get lots of Rescue Remedy, I was mainlining the stuff!

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that meg.

i can completely understand you turning to the ciggies - I've been quit for years but it's still the first thing I crave when things aren't going well.

it's good that you are making the most of the time you have and you have the opportunity to make some wonderful memories together.

Sending you a massive virtual hug xx

Hi Meg, lovely to meet you and subscribing to your thread. You are doing amazingly well so keep going and well done.

So sorry to arrive when you have such sad news - best wishes
Katie

Thanks all!! And what a great idea, she will be filmed like she is a star from now on x

Food yesterday
B - nothing other than lots of water, I did stick a few lime slices in, but did not feel like eating

L - steak mince dry fried (I find it to fatty in oil) with a few chopped tomatoes from the greenhouse, chilli, salt pepper, cheese on top and some sour cream on a bed of lettuce!! Yummy

D - chicken salad and mayo!! It's amazing how mayo makes things taste so yum

I did have a small bag of salted almonds from sainsburys a bit worried about nuts, but I made the little bag into 3 so works out under 4 grams of carbs. At present not so concerned about getting 20grams or under I do think I am after mental calculation in head! If I stop losing I will get myself mfp x

Heading out today shopping for my new home!! X popped up there to show my grandmother the outside. It's lovely only a farm on a hill in front, and looking down the valley from the back! Also it's on a street that is a dead so very quiet x

Attachments

• image-2289919880.jpg
    image-2289919880.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 64
I meant a dead end!! The street is alive Xgrid is the view from front! Going to disappear now before the currant owners think I am stalking them x

Attachments

• image-1577299466.jpg
    image-1577299466.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 64
Hi Meg - I have just read all of your posts - wow you are going through it at the moment!! So sorry about your mum. I love your Jack - he is a lovely boy x How do I subscribe as I would like to follow you?? xxx PS your husband sounds like a waste of space - you are doing so well xxx

Oh Meg the house is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about your shopping trips :) And check out your local freecycle - I am still so amazed at what people will give away :D

Also agree 100% on mayo - it does make everything taste better - when my fats are low I'll even have a squirt on bacon and eggs :eek:

Back