Toby carvery... any advice?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I've got a family meal to toby carvery tomorrow and I remember someone saying they were surprised by just how many calories were in everything there. I've never been so I have no idea how it works, whether it's just carvery or a menu you can order from as well. Any advice on how to keep cals at a decent level?

Hello

all the TC stuff is on My Fitness Pal - if you are in your food diary and type in Toby Carvery it lists everything - you could plan ahead based on that and know exactly what you are going to have and how many calories you will use

x

Ooh I didn't think of looking on there, thanks. I'm not really sure what to go for to be honest. I could go for the lemon and pepper salad but is that going to be boring? And it's only 240 cals which isn't enough for dinner really. I could have the carvery and just be sensible and go for mostly veg but then that's going to be harder to estimate. Part of me thinks I should stick with the salad as it's safer but then the part of me thinks I should just learn to have a little of what I like!

Yep, you should learn to have a little of what you like. Be mindful of what you are eating, don't over load on potatoes and stuffing and you will be fine. Have the carvery hun, enjoy yourself xx

I had the carvery, think I did ok with it!

Definitely have a little roast meal. I'd have a small amount of turkey/chick, LOADS of veggies, tiny bit of mash or potato and a splosh of gravy. Can you exercise before or after to take the edge off slightly?

I had a little bit of beef and turkey, they dish the meat up for you anyway. One yorkshire pudding, 2 roast potatoes then a bunch of veg. Think I had peas, carrots, brocolli and swede. I did have ice cream after too as it was included in my dinner price but I didn't eat it all. Was down 0.25lbs today on yesterday so I guess I can't have done too badly. It's amazing how quickly it all adds up though in there!

Back